PDA

View Full Version : rick minter, mike simmonds, harold etheridge named to indiana state coaching staff

isutom
July 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=65228&SPID=7269&DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=204968428

MplsBison
July 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I know I'm a jerk for saying this and I'm sorry, but: I hope Indiana St goes winless against the MVFC this year.

How many years...year after year after year is to going to take for the InSU admin to realize that they can't compete in this league?!

If they want to save InSU football, they've got to start over in a less competitive league. WIN SOME GAMES!

Copy the model Temple used.

PantherRob82
July 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Someone has to keep the Bison out of the cellar. You only had one more Valley win than they did last year.

Twentysix
July 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Someone has to keep the Bison out of the cellar. You only had one more Valley win than they did last year.

god lets hope that never happens again. <.<

BearsCountry
July 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I know I'm a jerk for saying this and I'm sorry, but: I hope Indiana St goes winless against the MVFC this year.

How many years...year after year after year is to going to take for the InSU admin to realize that they can't compete in this league?!

If they want to save InSU football, they've got to start over in a less competitive league. WIN SOME GAMES!

Copy the model Temple used.

They didn't go winless last year. Just keep trying to beat your own agenda into getting UND into the MVFC.

MplsBison
July 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I didn't say they went winless last year. I said I want them to go winless this year.

I want them out of the MVFC. They have shown zero ability to compete in this league, save for an off year when they can beat a team that is scrapping the barrel. But we all know WIU is a program capable of competing for the MVFC title.

InSU has not shown they even have the potential to be competitive.

isutom
July 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
heey mplsbison...your memory isny too good....two years ago indiana state lost 4-5 mvc games in which they either led or had chances to win late....the youngstown state game (at youngstown state) is a good example...big lead early.....and they let it get away from them....so, yes, they lost....but they were competitive.....the loss to missouri state in the final game of the season...in overtime...once again, they were competitive...the win over wiu this year.....isu played better this past season...yes, only one win....but they were more competitive in those games.....

jlandrus23
July 16th, 2010, 11:02 PM
That Quincy game last season, we had a 17-0 lead, but our offense couldn't pull it together in the 2nd half, so we lost another competitive game 20-17. We compete, we just can't get over the hump, until we get where we want to be and that is the top of the MVFC.

Redbird Ray
July 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Indiana State is a regular member of the MVC. I want them in the MVFC, even if the program has been down for awhile. They showed signs of promise last year and who knows, maybe this year they win 3 or 4 games in conference, maybe not, but I want ISU to play as many traditional MVC rivals as possible on the gridiron.

The Bison should try making the playoffs first before they start asking for the expulsion of other teams in the MVFC. Just a thought.

darell1976
July 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
xpopcornx

sycamorefan317
July 17th, 2010, 10:58 AM
What do you really know about the ISU football situation? I will bet not much other than we have not won much lately. Thanks to a previous administration that cut the recruiting budget to just over $50,000 it is no wonder that the program went in the tank. When coach Miles came in he gutted the program to where it was essentially starting over from scratch and has recruited two outstanding classes and still is not using all 63 scholarships. We have been competitive the last couple of years letting some games get away that we should have won, but that is part of the process of learning how to win. I want to emphasize that it is not ok that we were competitive and let the games get away but it certainly is a step in the right direction. You have to crawl before you can walk. Sycamore fans are excited about the prospects for this year and look forward to a few more wins on the board.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I love how everyone but one guy thinks that the Trees should stay....I love the Sycamores...we WILL stay in the MVFC and we WILL become competitive in the MVFC...book it...the guys we have now are winners, Coach Miles and all the other guys are all winners....

bjtheflamesfan
July 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM
As someone who is a fan of a team that was in InSU's position just a few years ago, it really does take a brand new mindset when you have been in a "tradition of losing" if you will. The story of where Liberty was is pretty well documented so I wont retell it here. You guys may need to schedule down for a while and just get some winnable games period out of conference (and that includes beating teams like Quincy) just to get the players used to winning again. You arent going to go from perennial losers to top 5 in the nation overnight and should not be expected to either.

To MplsBison, considering where NDSU was last year, I think you might want to check your ego at the door before you go spouting off that teams need to be expelled from a conference you guys are still pretty new to yourselves.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Remember Trees dont grow by themselves...we are a forest cut one down you have to cut them all down MNPLSbison lol....

MplsBison
July 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
heey mplsbison...your memory isny too good....two years ago indiana state lost 4-5 mvc games in which they either led or had chances to win late....the youngstown state game (at youngstown state) is a good example...big lead early.....and they let it get away from them....so, yes, they lost....but they were competitive.....the loss to missouri state in the final game of the season...in overtime...once again, they were competitive...the win over wiu this year.....isu played better this past season...yes, only one win....but they were more competitive in those games.....

I see.

So in other words, the expectations at Indiana St for the football program have gotten to the point where it no longer matters if they lose every MVFC game in a season....just so long as they're scoring roughly the same amount of points as the opponent?

Wow.

Losing is losing. It doesn't matter if you get blown out from the start of the game or if you had the lead right until the last second. There is no column for "almost wins".

Programs that can't compete find ways to lose. That's just how it is.

As to your schizophrenic cohort over there with the multiple screen names (all conveniently started this month with 1 or 2 posts total) .... sorry I choose to only discuss subjects on this board with other "single-personality" folks.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
O no we just know ISUtom personally and dont take kind to the thought of people dissing the trees...I mean I wuv them lol..

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
So Mnpls Bison is basically WSUbballer? has no point except for an elitist mentality towards a university's team that really isn't god even if he thinks so...

BearsCountry
July 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
So Mnpls Bison is basically WSUbballer? has no point except for an elitist mentality towards a university's team that really isn't god even if he thinks so...

People still post on ValleyTalk?

No he just has an agenda to get UND into the MVFC.

darell1976
July 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
People still post on ValleyTalk?

No he just has an agenda to get UND into the MVFC.

Even I don't see that happening unless they expand or teams start to leave.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Just a thought....Why would people hate on Indy State as much as they have on an upswing???? Just wondering where allt his hate comes from...I mean I am not gonna pretend that we have a great football tradition BUT COME ON!!!!!!!

darell1976
July 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Just a thought....Why would people hate on Indy State as much as they have on an upswing???? Just wondering where allt his hate comes from...I mean I am not gonna pretend that we have a great football tradition BUT COME ON!!!!!!!

I am probably gonna get slammed by Bison fans but its because NDSU isn't used to being at the bottom of the league. Back in the D2 days they were always on top we (UND) were in the bottom in the mid to late 80's and it took us 12 years to climb to the top to overtake the mighty Bison. So maybe him seeing a "cupcake" in his eyes is grounds to kick them out of the conference in favor of another team that doesn't have losing records year after year. Just my opinion and not trying to make this into a UND/NDSU bash thread.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I appreciate the explanation Darrell I am suprisingly not that involved in North Dakota Sports lol but if all NDSU fans are this way....I am clearly going to root for the Sioux!

darell1976
July 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I appreciate the explanation Darrell I am suprisingly not that involved in North Dakota Sports lol but if all NDSU fans are this way....I am clearly going to root for the Sioux!

Actually he isn't as bad as Lakesbison and JBB they have total hatred towards UND and feel that any team is inferrior against the mighty NDSU.

Iwuvdatrees
July 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Wow that's a crazy thought....a very injured Indiana State team that literally was missing 9 out of 11 starters on defense and 7 of 11 on offense hung with them for a half last season so that's a sad thought lol

jlandrus23
July 17th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Indiana State is on an uprise in the standings in the MVFC.

Iwuvdatrees
July 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Way to effectively kill the discussion Jlandrus.Happy 1 year on Sycamore pride btw.