PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network: Matchups to Watch

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Latest column from Sports Network...I do like how he broke down all the different categories and created some ones that were a bit out of the box...

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Look over the entire 2010 FCS schedule long enough and certain games stand out amid your eyes blurring.

We're not talking about St. Francis (Pa.) at Morehead State, either.

It's games like Richmond at Villanova, a Colonial Athletic Association battle of the last two FCS champions, Elon-Appalachian State in the Southern Conference, and Montana-Montana State in the Big Sky Conference that make you long for a crisp, sunny Saturday afternoon in the fall.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4326204

RabidRabbit
July 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Nice write up. xthumbsupx On the Toughest Road Stretch that is South Dakota State's schedule. xsmhx Not the Vermillion Red Yote schedule xbangx

DetroitFlyer
July 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM
No need to slam the SFUP/MSU game. Just ignorant writing period. Same with the slam on Butler/Davidson. This so called writer has just lost 100% of my respect. It just is not that difficult to write an article about FCS without slamming a particular conference or team. SFUP has a new head coach that is going to turn that program around and MSU will be improved after last season's dip. The SFUP / MSU game will actually be pretty good, (better than last year), and this is getting to be a bit of a PFL/NEC rivalry game. This article just reeks of FBS wannabeeism. I guess I just have to wait for this hack to get fired or quit like all the others at TSN. Man, I sure wish that just once TSN could find a wirter with some talent that would stick around for a while. This dude ain't it!!!!!

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It just is not that difficult to write an article about FCS without slamming a particular conference or team.

Hopefully when the NCAA grants an AQ to the Pioneer League when the MEAC forfeits theirs due to the Legacy Bowl, the national FCS media will slam the NCAA and not the Pioneer League. Would that make you happy?

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I can't wait until Septh 3rd!! Temple will exact revenge after last years heartbreaking loss. If the game wasn't at 5:30 on a Friday i could go!!

Bogus Megapardus
July 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure if Lafayette is getting slammed in that piece or not.

bjtheflamesfan
July 14th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I am of the opinion that LU-SBU is going to be one to watch because the chances are pretty good IMO that these two will be 1-2 in conference going into Nov 20

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM

I don't believe it was slanted one way or another. It is pretty weird that Lafayette is playing 4 straight IL teams. I'm confident in saying there's no other team in the country that has 4 consecutive OOC games against the same league.

Go...gate
July 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM

Let's face it. It's simply a clandestine, under the radar grab of the Leopards by the Ivies. Next thing you know, they'll want Lehigh, and before you know it, Harvard-Yale and Lehigh-Lafayette will be a nationally-televised Ivy League doubleheader at the end of each season at the new Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium.... : )

401ks
July 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
xeyebrowx

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Look over the entire 2010 FCS schedule long enough and certain games stand out amid your eyes blurring.

We're not talking about St. Francis (Pa.) at Morehead State, either.

As a fan of both the NEC and the PFL should I be doubly offended?

I agree with DF. That comment was simply uncalled for and unnecessary. xnonono2x

Bogus Megapardus
July 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Let's face it. It's simply a clandestine, under the radar grab of the Leopards by the Ivies. Next thing you know, they'll want Lehigh, and before you know it, Harvard-Yale and Lehigh-Lafayette will be a nationally-televised Ivy League doubleheader at the end of each season at the new Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium.... : )

I dunno about clandestine - we've been their maroon piņata - tossed around like a little stuffed leopard - for as long as anyone can remember. Last year, though, we beat H, Y, Penn and Coloo over four consecutive weekends. That had to leave a mark. So then they got all uppity and stuff and started whining about the whole scholarship thing again. Might not be inviting us over to play much longer . . . .

Anyhow, we have a game against Stony Brook in there somewhere this season, so we're not totally profiling. xcoolx I, for one, want to see that Colgate - Syracuse game. Hoodoo.

tribe_pride
July 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Was surprised that Georgia St. vs. Alabama was not the Worst FCS vs. FBS matchup. Nothing against Georgia St., but they haven't played a down yet (as of today not the day of the game).

jmufan999
July 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
i thought it was funny how he said Nova's Andy Talley could have a 2nd Eddie Robinson award if the playoffs counted (thus tying Mickey with 2). if that were the case, Mickey could have 3, since he didn't win the award in our national championship year, 2004. after all, JMU is the only team to win a national title without playing at home in the playoffs. just saying. i'm not ACTUALLY upset about this, just making a lighthearted comment.

lilrj1919
July 14th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Best neutral site matchup - It doesn't get much bigger than the Southwestern Athletic Conference collision between Prairie View A&M and Grambling State Sept. 25 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. Last year's State Fair Classic went Prairie View's way, 35-32 - its first win over the Tigers since 1986.

link... http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4326204

Seawolf97
July 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
It would be nice if both teams go into this game undefeated in conference play. That would really set the tone for the afternoon!

Screamin_Eagle174
July 15th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Best debut of red turf - Montana at Eastern Washington, Sept. 18. What, would there be any other debut of red turf? xlolx

lilrj1919
July 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Not a surprise that Grambling vs Prairie View is on the list.

mikebigg
July 15th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hoping for a HUGE crowd... PV get ready for the reckoning!

UNH72Plus
July 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
The UNH vs UMass game in Foxborough should be a great "neutral site match-up" as well.