PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE TEAMS IN THE FCS PLAYOFFS

SFA 93
July 13th, 2010, 10:17 PM
3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

MCNEESE STATE (14 APPEARANCES)
2009: 9-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2007: 11-1-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2006: 7-5-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2003: 10-2-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2002: 13-2-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
L: 14-34 WESTERN KENTUCKY
2001: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2000: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1998: 9-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1997: 13-2-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
L: 9-10 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
1995: 13-1-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)
1994: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1993: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1992: 9-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1991: 6-4-2 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)

NORTHWESTERN STATE (6 APPEARANCES)
2004: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2002: 9-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2001: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1998: 11-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)
1997: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1988: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)

STEPHEN F. AUSTIN (5 APPEARANCES)
2009: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1995: 11-2-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)
1993: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1989: 12-2-1 (FCS PLAYOFFS: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
L: 34-37 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
1988: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)

SAM HOUSTON STATE (3 APPEARANCES)
2004: 11-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)
2001: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1991: 8-3-1 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)

TEXAS STATE (2 APPEARANCES)
2008: 8-5-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
2005: 11-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)

NICHOLLS STATE (2 APPEARANCES)
2005: 6-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1996: 8-4-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)

SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
NOT YET

CENTRAL ARKANSAS
NOT YET

LAMAR
NOT YET

McNeese75
July 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM
xconfusedx xchinscratchx Point????

lionsrking2
July 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of folks who wish there were an "FBS" Playoff system.

GAD
July 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM
FCS

SFA 93
July 13th, 2010, 10:30 PM
FCS sorry.

Point?

It's Southland Conference history, an observation.

The SLC has yet to win a national championship, but has been close. Who will be the first to do so? A race to be the first in the history books to accomplish what has yet to be done.

TokyoGriz
July 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM
All roads to the NC for the southland lead to Missoula Montana. Washington Grizzly stadium is the Southlands graveyard.

Hmmm lets see what was last years score.... 54 to ......0? I would put up the other scores in playoffs for UM vs Southland opponenets IN WA Griz stadium but you might get depressed. Needless to say theres a pattern....

Mcneese has played us well if away though will give you that. Problem for the Southland is usually the playoff game will be in Missoula.

mikebigg
July 14th, 2010, 06:25 AM
SLC has an impressive FCS playoff history... A talented league that usually has good team speed, especially defensively.

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2010, 07:11 AM
The SLC has yet to win a national championship, but has been close. Who will be the first to do so? A race to be the first in the history books to accomplish what has yet to be done.

Incorrect.

In 1987, Northeast Louisiana defeated Marshall 43-42 in the Mini Dome in Pocatello, Idaho. Additionally, the SLC's Louisiana Tech (1984) and Arkansas State (1986) also made NCAA Championship Game appearances.

The current makeup of the league has yet to win one, but the league does have one title and two additional title game appearances besides that to add to your count.

SFA 93
July 14th, 2010, 07:41 AM
True, I should have stated the current Southland Conference. Sorry.

SFA 93
July 14th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I'll post the scores then.

MONTANA VERSUS THE SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE
14-4-0

With the exception of McNeese State (3-3-0) Montana owns the Southland.

2009: MONTANA:51;SFA:0 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
2008: MONTANA:31;TEXAS STATE:13 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2006: MONTANA:31;MCNEESE STATE:6 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2004: SAM HOUSTON:41;MONTANA:29
2004: MONTANA:34; SAM HOUSTON:13 (PLAYOFFS; SEMIFINALS)
2003: MONTANA:38; SAM HOUSTON:14
2002: MONTANA:45; NORTHWESTERN STATE:14 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2002: MCNEESE STATE:24; MONTANA:20 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
2001: MONTANA:28; NORTHWESTERN STATE:19 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2001: MONTANA:49; NORTHWESTERN STATE: 24 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
1998: MONTANA:49;SFA:42
1997: MONTANA:24;SFA:10
1997: MCNEESE STATE:19; MONTANA:14 (PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1996: MONTANA:48; NICHOLLS STATE:3 (PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1995: MONTANA:70;SFA:14 (PLAYOFFS; SEMIFINALS)
1994: MONTANA:30; MCNEESE STATE:28 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
1991: MCNEESE STATE:31; MONTANA:3
1990: MONTANA:45; MCNEESE STATE:22

tw_fatcat
July 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
You forgot 2008: Texas State 13 Montana 31

Silenoz
July 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
1996: MONTANA:70; TROY:7 (PLAYOFFS: SEMI-FINALS)

msusig
July 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
All roads to the NC for the southland lead to Missoula Montana. Washington Grizzly stadium is the Southlands graveyard.

Hmmm lets see what was last years score.... 54 to ......0? I would put up the other scores in playoffs for UM vs Southland opponenets IN WA Griz stadium but you might get depressed. Needless to say theres a pattern....

Mcneese and Youngstown have played us well if away though will give you that. Problem for the Southland is usually the playoff game will be in Missoula.

You may beat us in December up in Montana where it is cold as hell. But can't wait till you come down here in September when it is hot and muggy as hell.

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
You may beat us in December up in Montana where it is cold as hell. But can't wait till you come down here in September when it is hot and muggy as hell.

They know about that - see the 2004 SHSU v Montana football game! :)

NSUDemon98
July 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
2001 should have been a NSU win...extremely shoddy refereeing in the 2nd half gave the Griz the game. NSU had a kickoff return taken back by a phantom "block in the back" call and a "unsportsmanlike conduct" call because our RB pointed his finger in the air as he was running into the end zone...really? We were going to attempt the 2 pt conversion but after the "unsportsmanlike" it put us out of reach. Fast forward to the 4th qrtr...scores is 21-19 Griz. We have the ball on our 10 yard line...Craig Nall whips a pass to a WR in the flat...he is swarmed by 3 Montana defenders...clearly his forward momentum was stopped and the play was dead...referee doesn't blow the whistle to give the Griz more time to strip the ball, which they finally do. They then "help" the ball roll and roll into the end zone where they "finally" jump on it for the TD. Final score 28-19...

Griz fans still remember that game because NSU didn't go in scared, intimidated by the crowd and didn't fall to their knees in awe...they called our boys thugs because of it.
Us Demon fans are still bitter about that

TokyoGriz
July 15th, 2010, 03:29 AM
2001 should have been a NSU win...extremely shoddy refereeing in the 2nd half gave the Griz the game. NSU had a kickoff return taken back by a phantom "block in the back" call and a "unsportsmanlike conduct" call because our RB pointed his finger in the air as he was running into the end zone...really? We were going to attempt the 2 pt conversion but after the "unsportsmanlike" it put us out of reach. Fast forward to the 4th qrtr...scores is 21-19 Griz. We have the ball on our 10 yard line...Craig Nall whips a pass to a WR in the flat...he is swarmed by 3 Montana defenders...clearly his forward momentum was stopped and the play was dead...referee doesn't blow the whistle to give the Griz more time to strip the ball, which they finally do. They then "help" the ball roll and roll into the end zone where they "finally" jump on it for the TD. Final score 28-19...

Griz fans still remember that game because NSU didn't go in scared, intimidated by the crowd and didn't fall to their knees in awe...they called our boys thugs because of it.
Us Demon fans are still bitter about that

lol Sour Grapes anyone?

Win the Southland Conference this year and lets see if the 2nd times the charm for you in Wa Griz. I would be more worried about McNeese though!

jhanel
July 15th, 2010, 08:24 AM
NSU will win it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhZ52vVK-I

Silenoz
July 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
lol Sour Grapes anyone?

Win the Southland Conference this year and lets see if the 2nd times the charm for you in Wa Griz. I would be more worried about McNeese though!

4th time*

I don't recall much of the 2001 game, but IF what any of he says is true then it's a shame. God knows the other teams we played that year didn't put up much of a fight.

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
If I recall correctly...In the 2 PLAYOFF wins vs Montana the Southland team (McNeese) was the home team correct???

Oh...and 2001 STILL Hurts....Thanks Refs...

McNeese75
July 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
If I recall correctly...In the 2 PLAYOFF wins vs Montana the Southland team (McNeese) was the home team correct???

Oh...and 2001 STILL Hurts....Thanks Refs...

Yep

mikebigg
July 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Biased refs can leave a sour taste in your mouth... Grambling's 3 playoff losses all came on the road and involved controversial call in a less than td margin loss. Especially hurtful was the playoff loss to SFA who was a talented team that the refs help keep around with a disallowed td and then consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties to take us out of field goal range and keep the score close for SFA down the stretch. That, and the fact that our regular season hasn't ended, is a large reason why lots of Gramblinites don't care about the playoffs.

SFA 93
July 18th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Montana is 13-0-0 at home against the present SLC teams, and 1-4-0 on the road against present SLC teams. (Only victory came in 1998 at Nacogdoches, Texas against SFA winning 49-42)

Montana's FCS playoff road record is 2-7-0.

TexasTerror
July 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Montana is 13-0-0 at home against the present SLC teams, and 1-4-0 on the road against present SLC teams. (Only victory came in 1998 at Nacogdoches, Texas against SFA winning 49-42)

The 1998 win by SFA over Montana was a REGULAR SEASON game.

If you want to include REGULAR SEASON games, you must include SHSU's 41-29 victory over then-No. 1 Montana in 2004 on Sept. 18, 2004. I figure if SHSU beats Northwestern State in Natchitoches later in the year, the Bearkats host the Grizzlies in the semifinals and get another 'W'. ;)

NSUDemon98
July 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Actually, yes, I am speaking from my recount of the game...not sour grapes like the other Griz poster implied...and yes, your 1st round game vs. NSU was your closest call during your Natl. Championship run that season.

SFA 93
July 18th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Texas Terror, I know you love to correct the rookie here, but you pulled the trigger a little fast on this one.

I was stating Montana's entire football program's history against present day SLC teams at home and on the road which would include regular season games as well as the playoffs.

So once again...
Montana @Home: 13-0-0 <Versus present day SLC teams regular and playoff games>
Montana on the Road: 1-4-0 <Versus present day SLC teams regular and playoff games>
(1 Win@SFA;3 Loses@McNeese State; and 1 Lose@Sam Houston State)

I also stated Montana's entire road record against all teams in the playoffs was 2-7-0.

TexasTerror
July 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Texas Terror, I know you love to correct the rookie here, but you pulled the trigger a little fast on this one.

I read that wrong - you are correct! ;)

Hey, SFA folks can be right and SHSU wrong every now and again!

SFA 71
July 18th, 2010, 04:29 PM

MSUSIG, I don't know you so I won't include you in this comment, but most of your "Mud Bug" eating comrades racked me over the coals when I said the same thing last winter after we lost in Montana. Most of your comrades & the Grizz crowd said the weather & elevation had nothing to do with a Southern team losing in the north during the fall. I'm glad to see some one else sees & states the obvious.xthumbsupx

3rd Coast Tiger
July 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a good game that I need to make.

McNeese75
July 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
MSUSIG, I don't know you so I won't include you in this comment, but most of your "Mud Bug" eating comrades racked me over the coals when I said the same thing last winter after we lost in Montana. Most of your comrades & the Grizz crowd said the weather & elevation had nothing to do with a Southern team losing in the north during the fall. I'm glad to see some one else sees & states the obvious.xthumbsupx

Your team had issues because your QB went bar hopping and was not focused on the game. All those interceptions he threw were not caused by the cold. Now if the Jacks had to play in the conditions ASU did later then maybe so.

You have a problem with people eating crawfish? Beats the menudo you probably eat.

El Gato
July 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I love Menudo...but on a more serious note, those stats on the Griz road games are most interesting. Now this is to take nothing away from Montana as they have a strong history of football success, but none the less those numbers are quite intriguing.

TokyoGriz
July 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Saw pics on the SFA team in Reds Bar on Thursday, the night game wasnt till saturday afternoon. You saying the kid had a 2 day hangover ?

But I guess if we went south to play outside of WA Griz the score might not have been 51 to 0 hangover or not.

I would add alot of the loses griz have are in the 2nd and 3rd rounds OUTSIDE of WA Griz stadium. The caliber of the teams goes up if you have to go to them in the that late in the playoffs usually.

The atmosphere in Montana at game day is great. It is a tangible advantage. The weather as well but dont discount the effect of 25,000 plus fanatical fans screaming to pump up the home team or to even interfere with the other teams play calling! The app state game last year really showed the influence of fans and weather in a game. App state fans discounted both of these affects until they lost then had to admit they made a difference.

McNeese75
July 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Saw pics on the SFA team in Reds Bar on Thursday, the night game wasnt till saturday afternoon. You saying the kid had a 2 day hangover ?

But I guess if we went south to play outside of WA Griz the score might not have been 51 to 0 hangover or not.

I would add alot of the loses griz have are in the 2nd and 3rd rounds OUTSIDE of WA Griz stadium. The caliber of the teams goes up if you have to go to them in the that late in the playoffs usually.

The atmosphere in Montana at game day is great. It is a tangible advantage. The weather as well but dont discount the effect of 25,000 plus fanatical fans screaming to pump up the home team or to even interfere with the other teams play calling! The app state game last year really showed the influence of fans and weather in a game. App state fans discounted both of these affects until they lost then had to admit they made a difference.

I don't believe anything was said about a hangover. I said it was a matter of focus. So, would the Griz coach allow the starting QB to go and visit bars in the town they were visiting for a playoff game? I think we all know the answer to that one.

The fans in Wa Griz are much more of a factor generally than the weather.

bigCasu
July 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
App state fans discounted both of these affects until they lost then had to admit they made a difference.

Believe me, the weather had nothing to do with it. I'll give you credit for a stadium that allows noise to sound really loud. You have that going for you, but not for one second did our team think that game was colder than what we already experience in Boone.

SFA 71
July 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Wonder why Mc lost to New Hampshire 13 - 49 in the first round at HOME last year? Must have lost their FOCUS.xwhistlexxdeadhorsex

UNH Fanboi
July 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I love Menudo...but on a more serious note, those stats on the Griz road games are most interesting. Now this is to take nothing away from Montana as they have a strong history of football success, but none the less those numbers are quite intriguing.

Last year I made a post about Montana's home/road/neutral results in the playoffs:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?64883-Montana-and-home-field-advantage-in-the-playoffs&highlight=Montana+playoffs

The updated stats are:

1. Montana is 27-6 in home playoff games.

2. Montana is 2-8 in road playoff games (This does not include neutral-site championship games, in which they are 1-4).

3. During Montana's current 17-year playoff streak, they've had home field advantage in the first round 15 out of those 17 years. During that span they went 10-5 at home and 0-2 on the road. They haven't had been outside of Montana in the 1st round since 1998.

4. Montana is 17-1 in quarterfinal and semifinal games at home. The only loss was to UMass in 2006. They are 1-4 in quarterfinal and semifinal games on the road (the lone win being @JMU in 2008).

McNeese75
July 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
:pumpuke:
Wonder why Mc lost to New Hampshire 13 - 49 in the first round at HOME last year? Must have lost their FOCUS.xwhistlexxdeadhorsex

Exactly Einstein, they most certainly did in the third quarter. That along with a couple key injuries resulted in the loss. It was not however, because they were in a Bar in Missoula mugging for a camera.

I'm really surprised (being the loyal armchair fan you are) you figured that one out all my yourself. xcoffeex

Oh I forgot, all you do is cut and paste

SFA 71
July 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Seems to me the Mc boys need to visit the Louisiana State Optical before this season. That 16 - 13 loss to SFA last year combined with the New Hampshire loss must mean they have some reoccurring focusing problems that need professional help. SFA might be "mugging" in a bar in Montana but at least they made it past the first round. For all I know, they might have tipped a few back before the Eastern Washington game & every other game they played. The Mc boys were probably crying in their beer about the time the SFA boys were visiting Reds. xbawlingx
I have a feeling the pro's aren't spending their Friday nights before a Sunday game just drinking milk. Of course, if my team lost to SFA, I might have a jaundiced view of them also. xoopsx

McNeese75
July 19th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Seems to me the Mc boys need to visit the Louisiana State Optical before this season. That 16 - 13 loss to SFA last year combined with the New Hampshire loss must mean they have some reoccurring focusing problems that need professional help. SFA might be "mugging" in a bar in Montana but at least they made it past the first round. For all I know, they might have tipped a few back before the Eastern Washington game & every other game they played. The Mc boys were probably crying in their beer about the time the SFA boys were visiting Reds. xbawlingx
I have a feeling the pro's aren't spending their Friday nights before a Sunday game just drinking milk. Of course, if my team lost to SFA, I might have a jaundiced view of them also. xoopsx

Keep on living the dream about that 2009 season because the wheels will be coming off for the Jackasses real soon. That 16-13 win last year is going to get real painful on October 9th. That will probably be about the time you disappear from this forumxnodx

SFA 71
July 20th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Keep on living the dream about that 2009 season forumxnodx

The 2009 season wasn't a dream, it happened. The Mc boys lost. Must be a nightmare to you as you seem to be hoping you'll wake up & find out it didn't happen. xscanxxsmileyclapx

McNeese75
July 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
The 2009 season wasn't a dream, it happened. The Mc boys lost. Must be a nightmare to you as you seem to be hoping you'll wake up & find out it didn't happen. xscanxxsmileyclapx

It will only be a memory come August 9th, then you can start dreaming about when and if the Jacklegs will win again.

Jackman
July 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
SAM HOUSTON STATE (3 APPEARANCES)
2004: 11-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS)
2001: 10-3-0 (FCS PLAYOFFS: SECOND ROUND)
1991: 8-3-1 (FCS PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)

Sam Houston State also made a brief appearance 1986 playoffs, losing to Arkansas State 48-7 in the first round.

SFA 71
July 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
It will only be a memory come August 9th, then you can start dreaming about when and if the Jacklegs will win again.

If you're such a great prognosticator & dreamer, why don't you predict the next winning lottery ticket so you can afford to move back to Texas. What was last years score ... oh yeah 16 - 13. My memory is pretty good while, apparently, yours is not. Dream on big boy.xlolx xnodx

SFA 93
July 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sam Houston State in 1986 was not in the Southland Conference, but the Gulf-South Conference.

The post was for the present day Southland Conference teams in the FCS playoffs.

McNeese75
July 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
xlmaoxxlmaox
If you're such a great prognosticator & dreamer, why don't you predict the next winning lottery ticket so you can afford to move back to Texas. What was last years score ... oh yeah 16 - 13. My memory is pretty good while, apparently, yours is not. Dream on big boy.xlolx xnodx

And move to where? Victoria???? xlmaox

If you represent what is in that metropolis, I think I will pass. See you (excuse me, your team) in October xanim_chaix

SFA 71
July 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
xlmaoxxlmaox

And move to where? Victoria???? xlmaox

If you represent what is in that metropolis, I think I will pass. See you (excuse me, your team) in October xanim_chaix

Don't think I want you to come anywhere near Victoria. Your living here would probably cause the average IQ in Victoria to go down by 20 points, But, your leaving La. would probably cause the whole states average to go up 10 points.
At least you got the part about not seeing me in October. I have to drive 5 hours to get to Nacogdoches or 6 to get to LC, so I'm sure not heading to Gumbocity if I have a choice. If I had to drive 5 miles to see a game, as you probably do, I'd see a lot more than the 3 games that I do see. You come to Houston for the SFA vs beercat game on the 23rd of October & you'll see me. Otherwise forget it!xthumbsdownx

McNeese75
July 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Don't think I want you to come anywhere near Victoria. Your living here would probably cause the average IQ in Victoria to go down by 20 points, But, your leaving La. would probably cause the whole states average to go up 10 points.
At least you got the part about not seeing me in October. I have to drive 5 hours to get to Nacogdoches or 6 to get to LC, so I'm sure not heading to Gumbocity if I have a choice. If I had to drive 5 miles to see a game, as you probably do, I'd see a lot more than the 3 games that I do see. You come to Houston for the SFA vs beercat game on the 23rd of October & you'll see me. Otherwise forget it!xthumbsdownx

xlolx Funny, Funny man (well at least you think you are). I am sooooooooo impressed. Three whole games this year xhurrayx. Let's see now, I have missed less than a half dozen games in the last 10 years and none since the middle of 2004. Without listing McNeese schedules for that time period you can take it for granted that a lot of those games have been somewhat farther away than a silly 5 hour drive to SFA (although I really do understand why you would not want to drive there)

Hummm, let's see, drive to Houston to see two so so teams play in a big stadium with not many fans there or go to Hammond on that day to see McNeese vs Southeastern for a real game. Thanks for the invite but I think I will be headed East on that day.

Regarding IQ, I think I am smart enough to avoid moving to a area that has held the distinction of being #9 in the "Most Dangerous 25" overall metropolitan areas in the country.

How about yourself Barney??? xwhistlex

GeauxLions94
July 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
... or go to Hammond on that day to see McNeese vs Southeastern for a real game. Thanks for the invite but I think I will be headed East on that day.

You, and the Cowboy faithful, will be welcome in Hammond. Last year's game in Lake Charles was a classic, though I didn't like the ending xoopsx

McNeese75
July 21st, 2010, 12:17 AM
You, and the Cowboy faithful, will be welcome in Hammond. Last year's game in Lake Charles was a classic, though I didn't like the ending xoopsx

I am really looking forward to it but why do I feel like I will be riding with the 7th Calvary, xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Having unfortnately spent a considerable amount of time in the Victoria, Texas area, I can assure you that it would be quite impossible for the collective IQ there to be reduced by 20 points. Unless, of course, you ascribe to the notion that it's possible to have a negative IQ. Granted, though, if any city could pull it off, it would be Victoria, Texas....

I don't blame you for not seeing more SFA Games. One marginally successful year every decade or so probably makes it hard to root for them with any consistency....

The only way it should take you five hours to get from Victoria to Naconowhere is if you suffer from chronic incontinence and are forced to stop frequently. Otherwse, thats a 3 hour 45 minute drive without any stops...or maybe about 4 hours with one stop...

Perhaps if you made the drive more frequently, you'd get quicker at it??

SFA 71
July 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM
The only way it should take you five hours to get from Victoria to Naconowhere is if you suffer from chronic incontinence and are forced to stop frequently. Otherwse, thats a 3 hour 45 minute drive without any stops...or maybe about 4 hours with one stop...

Map Quest
Starting Location
Victoria, TX 77904

Ending Location
Nacogdoches, TX
Total Travel Estimate: 4 hours 37 minutes / 269.33 miles xnodx

When I go through Houston it invariably adds 25 or 30 minutes to the commute AND I tend to drive the speed limit. The speeding ticket I got near Splendora taught me the error of my ways. You obviously either speed OR lie about your trip. I won't tell you which one I think you are doing. You ought to get IQ 75 to explain to you what the little red line under certain words xoopsxmeans. xnonox

McNeese75
July 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Map Quest
Starting Location
Victoria, TX 77904

Ending Location
Nacogdoches, TX
Total Travel Estimate: 4 hours 37 minutes / 269.33 miles xnodx

When I go through Houston it invariably adds 25 or 30 minutes to the commute AND I tend to drive the speed limit. The speeding ticket I got near Splendora taught me the error of my ways. You obviously either speed OR lie about your trip. I won't tell you which one I think you are doing. You ought to get IQ 75 to explain to you what the little red line under certain words xoopsxmeans. xnonox

Well Barney, maybe you should consider upgrading your ride xnodx

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3367/3202480168_5fa92ddaac_m.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Z1JHZY6RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(en Espanol just for you)

jhanel
July 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM
This is the greatest stuff ever!!! LOL!

SFA 71
July 21st, 2010, 03:29 PM
Ya know, if you divide 269.33 miles by 70, which is the daytime speedlimit for MOST of US 59, you get 3.84 hours. If you push it up to say, 76 miles per hour, which you can generally get away with if you're observant, then even factoring in the small stretches of less than optimal speed limits, it's still not a five hour drive. I can make it from Lake Chuck to Corpus in 5 hours....well, okay, Sulphur to Corpus..I-10 to US 59 to US 77 to I-37 in five hours....

I can make if from Shreveport to Corpus in about 9 hours...The only way it takes me 5 hours from Naconowhere to Victoria is if I stop at Prasek's in Hillje...I never get outta there in less than 45 minutes ;)

How long till school starts and you're back at work as a Teacher's Aid?

I going to assume that if the Center in your title refers to you once being a center, then you probably got you bell rang often enough that it gives you some reason for making so many mistakes about Texas distances.xliarx
US 59 is NOT a consistent 70 MPH. There are so many spots where the speed drops to 55 that it is unbelievable that you would not have noticed. I hope that you do go 70 through either Diboll or Corrigan as that hefty fine of LaLa money could be used to boost the local economy. xtwocentsx The majority of towns on that stretch have a speed limit between 55 & 65.
You consistently drive 76 MPH? That answers my earlier question. xrolleyesx
You actually go down 77 & hit I-37? Anyone with any knowledge of the area knows to turn in Refugio & go through Bay Side which cuts miles off the trip. You stay on 77 tho & the cops in Odem will be glad to take some more of your LaLa money for going 76 in their neighborhood.
The only half way intelligent thing you said was about Prasek's. If you spend 45 minutes there, I'm surprised that you car can get up to 76 considering the heft you are bound to have put on.xpopcornx
School starts on August 23 in Texas. When I get there, I'll tell the head custodian to get you a new broom.xwhistlex

McNeese75
July 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
Barney, you have no idea what you just stepped in . xpopcornx

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM
And, since you mentioned Bayside in the same posting with Prasek's, no trip along Copano Bay would be complete without stopping at Croffut's. Not quite in the same league as Praseks, but the sandwiches aren't bad...

SFA 71
July 21st, 2010, 04:44 PM
Only a moron would turn in Refugio to get to Baysde, then to Gregory. There's absolutely no benefit to that to be had...The only way you make any time is to stay on 77 for five more miles and then cut through Woodsboro and then on to Bayside..

What conceit. Refugio to Bayside on 2678 is only 17.11 miles or 20 minutes on a virtually straight road. Refugio to Bayside by way of Woodsboro (which is 7 miles not 5) then on 1360 is 23.17 miles of 28 minutes on a road with a major turn. Refugio to Bayside by way of Woodsboro and 136 is 22.91 miles of 28 minutes on a road with a major turn also. You do the math & go however you want, I couldn't care any less.xthumbsdownx
You can be as supercilious as you like but I can tell you the three people you do want to be friends with in a school are the custodians, lunchroom ladies and the secretaries. Without them you won't have a school. They are probably all below you, in your opinion, but I have friends in all three groups plus bus drivers & I'm not ashamed to admit it to someone like you.

SFA 71
July 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM
Speaking of supercilliousness,(sic) first you use the head custodian as the basis for what you lamely believe is a cutdown(sic), THEN you point to him as a paragon of virtue when you're trying to make a point? Holy Falacious (sic) Argument, Batman. It's been awhile since I've seen some simulacrum intellect use an appeal to the virtue of the lowly as the basis for an argument.

The only question I have for you, Senator Kerry, is whether or not you were for Head Custodians before you were against Head Custodians?

Perhaps you've heard of this novel concept in critical thinking called "consistency?"

Didn't think so. Thanks for playing ;)

My father was a custodian. I'm as proud of him as any son can be of any father. I'm consistent about that. Play your little word games all you want.

SFA 71
July 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
FormerPokeCenter... I must apologize for making fun of you. You of course are right. I took the time to see if I could find what ails you & found this:

There is a marked difference between a superiority complex and high self esteem. If you have high self esteem, you are lucky to be able to enjoy a far more balanced perspective about the world and your place in it, than if you had a superiority complex.

People who have a superiority complex act as though they are better than other people. They look down upon others, and use every opportunity possible to attempt to elevate themselves further, and denigrate any one else they come in contact with.

If they had high self esteem, instead of a superiority complex, they would be confident about themselves and their abilities and skills, but they wouldn't automatically assume they were more intelligent, better looking , more prosperous or in any way, a better person than people they met.

The secret about a superiority complex is that it hides beneath it a lack of confidence. Someone who has the complex, will have learned how to create the illusion of being superior, by using methods which put other people down, thus making themselves look better in comparison.

They are likely to feel lonely, as they alienate most other people they meet. Their friends, will most likely be people who have fallen for their game, or who are desperate to be superior too.

To have a high self esteem a person need not be cocky or over confident. High self esteem is a term used to describe someone who knows their value and worth. This is rare to discover, as most of the population suffer from low self esteem, as doe's a person with a superiority complex.

Low self esteem can manifest itself in an individual as a nagging voice in their mind, which tells them they are not good enough, even when they are. Those with high self esteem are more likely to have a mind voice which tells them they are fine just as they are, and have the ability to succeed. A person with a superiority complex, may have an inner voice which tells them the world is a dangerous place, and that to protect themselves, they must emotionally flatten others around them, and keep rising to the surface themselves.

Fear drives a superiority complex, whereas a healthy attitude propels high self esteem. The fear spoken of, pushes a person with a superiority complex to use harsh words against others, and to use defense as a means of communication. A person with high self esteem, can recognise the good in others, and not feel threatened when in the presence of people who are talented and bright.

Anyone with a superiority complex, feels threatened much of the time. They only feel less on edge, when it is clear they have elevated themselves sufficiently to avoid being put down themselves. ironically, the higher you place yourself, the further you have to fall. Because of this, people with a superiority complex frequently feel themselves slipping, and are terrified of being found out, so they prevent themselves from becoming close to others, so they can keep their secret and defense intact.

You are obviously the smartest person I have ever met & you don't have any of the symptoms mentioned in the article. I will be coming to you for advice in the future.Don't worry about me arguing with you in the future because I see the fallacy of me ever winning an argument with you. Thanks for the advice about the therapist. I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

McNeese75
July 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
xrolleyesx

Maybe, if you are lucky, he will let you slip away with your tail tucked

http://sime.nu/wp-content/uploads/wimp_200.jpg

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Shouldn't you be banding together to fight your destiny in Montana, or perhaps the NCAA bracket folks, instead of fighting among yourselves? I mean, really. The Southland gets the short end of the stick and is always sent up here and you haven't fared very well in that venture. Perhaps you should want to go to the So-Con and play App St. or someone like that. If I remember correctly App St. hasn't fared very well against you folks.

darell1976
July 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'll post the scores then.

MONTANA VERSUS THE SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE
14-4-0

With the exception of McNeese State (3-3-0) Montana owns the Southland.

2009: MONTANA:51;SFA:0 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
2008: MONTANA:31;TEXAS STATE:13 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2006: MONTANA:31;MCNEESE STATE:6 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2004: SAM HOUSTON:41;MONTANA:29
2004: MONTANA:34; SAM HOUSTON:13 (PLAYOFFS; SEMIFINALS)
2003: MONTANA:38; SAM HOUSTON:14
2002: MONTANA:45; NORTHWESTERN STATE:14 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2002: MCNEESE STATE:24; MONTANA:20 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
2001: MONTANA:28; NORTHWESTERN STATE:19 (PLAYOFFS; FIRST ROUND)
2001: MONTANA:49; NORTHWESTERN STATE: 24 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
1998: MONTANA:49;SFA:42
1997: MONTANA:24;SFA:10
1997: MCNEESE STATE:19; MONTANA:14 (PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1996: MONTANA:48; NICHOLLS STATE:3 (PLAYOFFS: FIRST ROUND)
1995: MONTANA:70;SFA:14 (PLAYOFFS; SEMIFINALS)
1994: MONTANA:30; MCNEESE STATE:28 (PLAYOFFS; SECOND ROUND)
1991: MCNEESE STATE:31; MONTANA:3
1990: MONTANA:45; MCNEESE STATE:22

Here is a tip for SLC teams against Montana.....DEFENSE!!!!!! Especially 70 points in a playoff game..OUCH!!

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Here is a tip for SLC teams against Montana.....DEFENSE!!!!!! Especially 70 points in a playoff game..OUCH!!

Darell, that 70 pointer was with a team that was just amazing. Not the norm.

darell1976
July 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Darell, that 70 pointer was with a team that was just amazing. Not the norm.

Its not the norm for any playoff game to give up 70 points. Regular season I can see but playoffs?

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Its not the norm for any playoff game to give up 70 points. Regular season I can see but playoffs?

Well....if it is not the norm than...look into 1996 playoff game against Troy St. I believe. They found the stadium...which is a plus.

70-7

UNH Fanboi
July 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
This thread got retarded pretty quickly.

FormerPokeCenter
July 22nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Thank you for this little bit of Christmas in July ;)

Let me preface my remarks by stating the obvious. While I don't believe you to be terribly bright, I will give you this: You fight gamely for a guy with a room temperature IQ. That counts for something. If nothing else, it gives you entertainment value ;)

But I digress. As to the Christmas in July reference, it's rare to see deflection AND projection in ONE post, but you've managed to pull it off. I see you avoided the comments about your secret shame over your fathers's career as a custodian and the attendant negative feelings of self-worth that it obviously imbued you with. That bit of deflection was very deftly done. Something tells me you've got years of experience at it.

What's most intertesting is that you said you went in search of "what ails me". Taking a point from the stuff you quoted, if you were truly possessed of high self esteem, you wouldn't have felt the need to do that. Instead, YOU took it upon YOURSELF to disregard the log in your eye and set about finding a cure for the splinter in mine. In case you missed the obvious, that's called projection. You view others through the lense that you view yourself with. You know you're defective, but rather than admit that and deal with it, you choose to see the same qualitie and characteristics in others. That's pretty common, actually. You're nothing if not predictable ;)

You do realize that it's pretty narcisisstic for YOU to think that YOU alone hold the key to diagnosing what ails other people. As a Teacher's aid, I'm sure you probably think YOU are the only one who can really see what the kids need. I wonder, as you read the article that you posted, were you perhaps tempted to look in the mirror and read it aloud to YOURSELF? One would think that YOU love hearing YOURSELF talk. After all, it's all about YOU, right? ;)

But since i's pretty obvious you're NOT the introspective sort, I'm positive that you never considered the applicability of that post to YOU. ;) More's the pity...

But, there's a great old saying that is especially appropriate right now: "Physician, heal thyself" ;)

By the way, that's a nice little borderline personality trait you've got going on there. Again, thanks for the laugh. The next time I need another one, I'll be sure to yank your chain. ;)

FormerPokeCenter... I must apologize for making fun of you. You of course are right. I took the time to see if I could find what ails you & found this:

There is a marked difference between a superiority complex and high self esteem. ....

People who have a superiority complex act as though they are better than other people....

If they had high self esteem, instead of a superiority complex, they would be confident about themselves and their abilities and skills, but they wouldn't automatically assume they were more intelligent, better looking , more prosperous or in any way, a better person than people they met.

To have a high self esteem a person need not be cocky or over confident. High self esteem is a term used to describe someone who knows their value and worth. This is rare to discover, as most of the population suffer from low self esteem, as doe's a person with a superiority complex.

Low self esteem can manifest itself in an individual as a nagging voice in their mind, which tells them they are not good enough, even when they are. .....

Fear drives a superiority complex,....

Anyone with a superiority complex, feels threatened much of the time. ....

You are obviously the smartest person I have ever met & you don't have any of the symptoms mentioned in the article. I will be coming to you for advice in the future.Don't worry about me arguing with you in the future because I see the fallacy of me ever winning an argument with you. Thanks for the advice about the therapist. I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

SFA 71
July 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you for this little bit of Christmas in July ;)

Oh, you are so wise Obi-wan. I wish I had met you years ago when my weakness were first manifesting themselves & I could possible have turned out 1/10 as wonderful as you have. God has blessed me with your intervention. I don't know how you can tolerate the masses who don't come up to your supremely high standards. You are almost God-like yourself. Hallelujah & thank God you walk among us mere mortals.

SFA 71
July 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Tsk, Tsk.....I'm hardly God-like, but I can see how a guy like YOU might come to that conclusion. I bet you spend most of your day in worshipful awe of some pretty ordinary people ;)

Whatever.

txst80
July 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
If who wins this argument is indicative of who wins the football game in October I got Mcneese by 6 TD's.

jhanel
July 23rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
ha, ha, ha, ha, LOL!

FormerPokeCenter
July 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Whatever.

Finally! An opinion you're qualified to give! ;)