PDA

View Full Version : Possible Buck Buchanan Watch List

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Here is a list of players I think have to be on the list for sure.

DE Christian Anthony, Grambling State, Sr.
DT Martin Parker, Richmond, Sr.
DT Kenrick Ellis, Hampton, Sr.
LB D.J. Smith, Appalachian State, Sr.
LB J.C. Sherritt, Eastern Washington, Sr.
LB Jabara Williams, Stephen F. Austin, Sr.
LB Marty Patterson, Gardner-Webb, Sr.
CB Justin Rogers, Richmond, Sr.
CB Korey Lindsey-Woods, Southern Illinois, Sr.
CB Trumaine Johnson, Montana, Jr.
S Mark LeGree, Appalachian State, Sr.

Here is a list of top names that will probably be considered:

DE Markell Carter, Central Arkansas, Sr.
DE Malcolm Taylor, Alcorn State, Sr.
DE Christian Clark, Sacramento State, Sr.
DT Renard Williams, Eastern Washington, Jr.
DT Brent Russell, Georgia Southern, Soph.
LB Bryce Smith, Samford, Sr.
LB Derek Domino, South Dakota State, Sr.
LB Jake Trantin, William & Mary, Jr.
LB Joshua Jones, Elon, Jr.
LB Tyler Holmes, UMASS, Jr.
LB Kadarron Anderson, Furman, Jr.
LB Antoine Wilkinson, Missouri State, Sr.
LB A.J. Storms, Idaho State, Jr.
LB Josh Bey, UT Martin, Sr.
CB T.J. Heath, Jacksonville State, Sr.
CB Jeremy Caldwell, Eastern Kentucky, Jr.
CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina, Jr.
CB B.W. Webb, William & Mary, Soph.
S Eugene Clifford, Tennessee State, Sr.
S Jason House, Southern, Sr.
S James Vercammen, Dayton, Sr.
S Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State, Soph.
S Collin Zych, Harvard, Sr.

PhoenixPhan06
July 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Derek Domino, great name for a LB!!

Panther88
July 12th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hopefully PVAMU's Quentin Spears, 6' 5.5" - 252lb DE and 1st team All-SWAC DE last fall and favored 1st team All-SWAC DE pre-season this fall, will make the watch list.

Poker Alan
July 12th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Trumaine has skills but has been injury-prone at times... certainly also not at the glory position to win the Buchanan...

Green26
July 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Jimmy Wilson of Montana won't be on the list, but he's a better player than several mentioned as possibles for the list.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Jimmy Wilson of Montana won't be on the list, but he's a better player than several mentioned as possibles for the list.

Is he coming back finally? I figured he was done with his baggage before.

uofmman1122
July 12th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Is he coming back finally? I figured he was done with his baggage before.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?70162-Jimmy-Wilson-returning-to-UM-Griz-secondary

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?70162-Jimmy-Wilson-returning-to-UM-Griz-secondary

Yeah I saw it just after I posted it. That is good news! Hopefully he isn't too rusty and he can start right away.

Squealofthepig
July 12th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, Montana's corners are quite scary this year now. Hopefully Wilson will make the most of his second chance, and Trumaine will be less streaky. (Seriously - he is just amazing at times, then seems to just phone it in other times. Amazing talent, just want him to play to his potential - he's fun to watch!)

The MVC also seems to be slightly under-represented in this list, but looks pretty solid.

lionsrking2
July 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Tommy Connors should be on the list...was on the watch list last year, but took a medical redshirt with a broken thumb...he's back and better than ever and should have a big year if he stays healthy.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Tommy Connors should be on the list...was on the watch list last year, but took a medical redshirt with a broken thumb...he's back and better than ever and should have a big year if he stays healthy.

Left him off because of the injury. He could be on the preseason list. If I were doing it I would wait and see how he returns from injury. I know Mario Brown of Gardner-Webb did not do as well coming off injury and others who have been hurt struggled too. I could see Haley putting him on but just saying if it were me he would be monitored closely and put on in the first revision as long as he looks to be back where he was before the injury.

Screamin_Eagle174
July 13th, 2010, 12:15 AM
It would be cool to have two candidates on the list this year (in addition to TJ on the Payton :D )

FYI, Renard will be playing DE this year. I guess Baldwin thinks he'll have better production on the outside. I hope he's right.

lionsrking2
July 13th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Left him off because of the injury. He could be on the preseason list. If I were doing it I would wait and see how he returns from injury. I know Mario Brown of Gardner-Webb did not do as well coming off injury and others who have been hurt struggled too. I could see Haley putting him on but just saying if it were me he would be monitored closely and put on in the first revision as long as he looks to be back where he was before the injury.

I can promise you he's 100% and then some...looks as good as I've ever seen him right now...absolutely no doubt in my mind he'll be in the mix - assuming he doesn't get hurt again.

jmufan999
July 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Eric McBride, LB - Richmond

people will probably disagree with me, and i'm no expert on the Spiders... but he has GOT to be one of their best players, if not THE best.