PDA

View Full Version : Samford University publishes the MOST repressive fan rules in FCS!!

blazrdog#1
July 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Go to www.samfordsports.com,click on tickets,click on football and pull up 2010 ticket brochure.Just a friendly reminder so you don't end up on Lakeshore Drive during the game.

Umpire
July 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
A more direct link to what blazrdog#1 is talking about.

http://samfordsports.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/samf/genrel/auto_pdf/2010FootballFanGuide

Seibert Stadium Rules

A ticket is a revocable license. All people and bags are subject to search as a condition for entry into athletics venues. All students must present a valid Samford ID to gain admittance into venues. Ticket holders voluntarily assume all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether prior to, during or after the event. Ticket holders agree that the management, facility, Southern Conference, participants, and their respective agents, officers, directors and employees are expressly released by ticket holders from any claims arising from such causes. No refunds or exchanges. No reentry into any stadium or arena.

The following items are prohibited in any Samford University athletics facility:

• Clothing containing vulgar language
• Umbrellas
• Firearms, weapons or explosives
• Intoxicants, alcohol or tobacco
• Outside food or drink
• Artificial noisemakers (whistles, horns, cowbells, etc.)
• Containers/coolers
• Flags or poles
• Inappropriate or abusive signs
• Fireworks
• Pepper spray/mace
• Large bags, briefcases or backpacks
• Pets
• Laser pointers
• Any item deemed by management to be dangerous or inappropriate

The following actions are deemed inappropriate in any Samford University athletics facility and will result in removal from a venue (and/or additional sanction from Judicial Affairs):
• Drinking
• Abusive behavior
• Inappropriate language
• Fighting
• Entering the field of play

DFW HOYA
July 5th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Those rules are comparable to most college and professional ticket restrictions.

phoenixphanatic21
July 5th, 2010, 12:26 PM
A more direct link to what blazrdog#1 is talking about.

Looks pretty normal to me. Not seeing anything that I don't see on any other ticket or at any other school or professional stadium.

JSU02
July 5th, 2010, 01:27 PM
....and dancing, Baptists frown upon dancing. xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
July 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
If you wanna talk about repressive fan rules, how about when the Kansas City Chiefs tried to ban standing at games? (Don't know how well it worked or if it's still in place or not)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Fans-are-asked-to-treat-Chiefs-games-like-bowlin?urn=nfl,91291

PaladinFan
July 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I heard the fan conduct policy at Georgia Southern was "y'all have fun!"

SideLine Shooter
July 5th, 2010, 03:20 PM

I think that about covers it.

SideLine Shooter
July 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
If you want to see some terrible fan rules just check out the Carolina Panthers rules. They even have "The Fun Police" to inforce them.xnodxxnodxxnodx

jmufan999
July 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
try looking at Liberty for about 5 seconds. there's a reason their fans (students) are in the stands an hour before gametime... because they can't drink with the rest of us!!! great atmosphere, though.

we banned signs a few years ago at JMU. the thing is, you could change some of these things if you have the right people behind the movement. UVA lifted its ban on signs after students protested. just have to actually do something about it. the barking dog gets fed.

Rob Iola
July 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM

Georgia Southern does in fact have a rather comprehensive set of fan behavior policies, it's just that they've found that none of their students or alum has sufficient education to actually read them...

Squealofthepig
July 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Rules are one thing, as Rob points out; enforcing, another. I'm sure I've personally violated many, many rules at games across the country. Usually the rules only come into play when someone egregiously breaks them.

TokyoGriz
July 6th, 2010, 02:31 AM
• Intoxicants, alcohol or tobacco
• Outside food or drink

Other than these things everything else is standard issue. Well actually so are these but ALOT of people ignore them. I know I have on plenty of occasions..... A Flask of Shnapps (or whisky) and a thermos of hot cocoa/Coffee go a Looooong ways in keeping ya warm during the December playoffs in Missoula.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 6th, 2010, 08:05 AM
It's good to know that despite our slump that we still get a healthy dose of derision from other team's fans. You know what they say about being hated in sports. xnodx

By the way, try bringing a "fire Sam Baker" sign into a game and see how that goes. xlolx

eaglewraith
July 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Georgia Southern does in fact have a rather comprehensive set of fan behavior policies, it's just that they've found that none of their students or alum has sufficient education to actually read them...

More like we don't give a ****....we're gonna do what we want :)

PaladinFan
July 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
More like we don't give a ****....we're gonna do what we want :)

Hey, any student fans that voluntarily want a piece of Jerome Felton after a game either have drank too much or have zero fear. Either way makes for a fun atmosphere :)

Lulu
July 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM

You forgot--Check under your seat for your beer goggles and Necking with your sister is allowed only at half.

Lulu
July 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
It's good to know that despite our slump that we still get a healthy dose of derision from other team's fans. You know what they say about being hated in sports. xnodx

By the way, try bringing a "fire Sam Baker" sign into a game and see how that goes. xlolx

Eric made "Fire Laney" (Roachel Laney, former AD at App) signs one year. He heard about it and got everyone worked up. They thought there was going to be a BIG protest, and the school brought in "extra security." This was two App cops at each entrance from the stands to the field. Nothing happened. He didn't even take that sign in. Instead he took a sign in that said,

App goes I-A when?
2010?

xlolx

UNHWildCats
July 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
how do you know when necking with your sister is allowed? And does GAS watch? xlolxxlolxxlolx

WUTNDITWAA
July 7th, 2010, 06:29 PM
How about streamers? Those should be banned just because...Well, just because.

Lulu
July 7th, 2010, 06:54 PM
how do you know when necking with your sister is allowed? And does GAS watch? xlolxxlolxxlolx

It's allowed at any ballgame played at a stadium located in coastal or western SC or eastern gawja.

GAS loves to watch!!! xsmiley_wix

wr70beh
July 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
How about streamers? Those should be banned just because...Well, just because.

Streamers = bad. Especially the purple and yellow variety.