PDA

View Full Version : Vote for App State in CSTV "Top College Sports Moment" poll

kardplayer
January 7th, 2006, 09:53 PM
CSTV is running a "Top College Sports Moment of 2005" poll and App. State's National Championship victory is one of the options to vote on.

Y'all know what to do: http://cstv.ning.com/

Bucknell's victory over Kansas is also in there, so you can also throw a little love their way too!

blukeys
January 7th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I gave some love to Bucknell and to ASU. Good move Kardplayer!! :)

HiHiYikas
January 7th, 2006, 10:37 PM
A confusing quote that pops up after voting for App State...

"I was at the game and I saw the punch.. and yes I agree.. there is not one ounce of CLASS in Richie Williams.
Posted on 12/22/05"

Any idea what that's about? Another quote refers to Williams as an "effective defensive midfielder." What's that all about?

On further review, it's likely that the poster who made that comment was refering to former Metro Star and US National soccer player Richie Williams...currently coaching at UVA, apparently...

http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/williams_richie00.html

blukeys
January 7th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I saw the quote too and have no idea. I didn't see anything Williams did that would appear to be poor sportsmanship.

By the way if I did miss it then I trust SOMEONE on this board would have mentioned it long before today.

Mr. C
January 8th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Obviously, some of CSTV's readers are not very bright. How could you confuse Richie Williams, the Appalachian State quarterback, with Richie Williams, the U.S. soccer player, when there is a picture of a football player above the caption telling you what Williams did? Not real swift for some of those folks.

HiHiYikas
January 8th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Obviously, some of CSTV's readers are not very bright. How could you confuse Richie Williams, the Appalachian State quarterback, with Richie Williams, the U.S. soccer player, when there is a picture of a football player above the caption telling you what Williams did? Not real swift for some of those folks.
And how could so many ASU fans confuse Richie Williams, universally adored throughout Mountaineer nation, with Ritchie Williams, who I can't find anywhere on the roster??? I wonder if he's kin to Rickie Williams, who my dad (a man old enough to be free from the restraints of proper pronunciation) says is one of the better ASU quarterbacks he's ever seen.

Anyway, whoever this "Ritchie Williams" is, these fans sure are grateful he's around.

ASU Kep
January 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
And how could so many ASU fans confuse Richie Williams, universally adored throughout Mountaineer nation, with Ritchie Williams, who I can't find anywhere on the roster??? I wonder if he's kin to Rickie Williams, who my dad (a man old enough to be free from the restraints of proper pronunciation) says is one of the better ASU quarterbacks he's ever seen.

Anyway, whoever this "Ritchie Williams" is, these fans sure are grateful he's around.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: . Great point.

HiHiYikas
January 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks to all who voted. The polling ended Tuesday evening, with ASU's championship run in the lead...

http://cstv.ning.com/

goasu984Life
January 19th, 2006, 02:32 PM
WooooHOOOOO!!!!! Apps win again!!!!!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

HaveFunKc
January 19th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I couldn't resist... For my first posting, it's great to be here and I had chime in for my Mountaineers. It was awesome to see the highlights on CSTV last night in the middle of all the IA clips. It was especially sweet to listen the hosts just sit in shock as they had to reel off Appalachian as the #1 Top College Sports Moment of 2005 (as voted online by the fans). Great game! Great highlight! I'm looking forward to next year!!

kardplayer
January 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Since I started the thread, I'm taking some of the credit for this victory :rotateh:

CSTV should learn something from this poll - fans of sports that don't get love from the media will rise to the occasion when given an opportunity.

We rule

SochorField
January 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
...weird not to see UC Davis' upset victory over Stanford in there somewhere...quite a story, considering we are still a "transitional" I-AA team, "officially" D-II.

HiHiYikas
January 20th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Since I started the thread, I'm taking some of the credit for this victory :rotateh:

CSTV should learn something from this poll - fans of sports that don't get love from the media will rise to the occasion when given an opportunity.

We rule
:hurray:
it seems a single poster can make a difference.