PDA

View Full Version : Southern Pigskin Ranks SoCon RBs

SU DOG
June 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I like this list - NO bias at all. xsmiley_wix

http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/socon_rb_rankings/

Saint3333
June 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evans is a great back no doubt about it. I hope that Moore finishes #1 postseason however. Moore will likely get 20% more carries this year.

SU DOG
June 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
I would expect Moore to have a great year also. I actually hope that Evans gets fewer carries, as our offense needs to be more diverse. Another player that might have a say-so here is Mike Brown of Furman. I think he was injured for much of last season, but he is definitely a good one.

Dinman31
June 22nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
I would expect Moore to have a great year also. I actually hope that Evans gets fewer carries, as our offense needs to be more diverse. Another player that might have a say-so here is Mike Brown of Furman. I think he was injured for much of last season, but he is definitely a good one.

Mike Brown is a good back but Jerry Williams is probably more talented and will continue to take carries away from Brown. Williams has a chance to be real special!

elon77
June 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
If Brandon Newsome could go a whole season injury free, I believe he could easily run for 1000+ yards in 2010. The problem seems that the injury bug has followed him his whole career at Elon. I watched him play in high school and he had the same problem. He is a great kid and I hope he has an injury free year in 2010. Moore is quite good, I'm not sure he shouldn't be the top rated back this year. Just saying.

CrackerRiley
June 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
Moore's year will depend on how well the O-line plays. I'm expecting a taste of greatness though.

This post brought to you by Miller Lite.

asknoquarter21
June 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
We know Moore is a great RB, but I think this season depends on the QB play for him to be successful

PaladinFan
June 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
If Brandon Newsome could go a whole season injury free, I believe he could easily run for 1000+ yards in 2010. The problem seems that the injury bug has followed him his whole career at Elon. I watched him play in high school and he had the same problem. He is a great kid and I hope he has an injury free year in 2010. Moore is quite good, I'm not sure he shouldn't be the top rated back this year. Just saying.

I disagree. I like Newsome. I think he's a great compliment to the offense of Elon. I don't think he's a game changing back, though.

I don't mean to take anything away from Newsome with that. He is a guy that gets yards when teams ignore him. He's not a guy that's going to rush for 100+ regardless of what your defense is doing (compare with Jerome Felton, Adrian Peterson, Jermaine Austin, Louis Ivory, Nemo Broughton, Eldra Buckley, etc.)

PaladinFan
June 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Mike Brown is a good back but Jerry Williams is probably more talented and will continue to take carries away from Brown. Williams has a chance to be real special!

Jerry Williams, I agree, could be a real suprise. I was absolutely floored when I saw him play for the first time. The guy is a really talented runner. You stick him back there rotating with Uhaa and Brown next to Forcier...man, you've got some quick steps.

ElonPride
June 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
I disagree. I like Newsome. I think he's a great compliment to the offense of Elon. I don't think he's a game changing back, though.

I don't mean to take anything away from Newsome with that. He is a guy that gets yards when teams ignore him. He's not a guy that's going to rush for 100+ regardless of what your defense is doing (compare with Jerome Felton, Adrian Peterson, Jermaine Austin, Louis Ivory, Nemo Broughton, Eldra Buckley, etc.)

Of course he's none of those guys you mentioned. No current player in the SoCon can compare with three of them!

BUT, when Newsome is healthy, the guy is pretty darn good. He didn't get score too many points for Elon in '08 because of the way this offense is built......but he did nearly hit 1,000 yards on the ground playing a halfway healthy season. That was a stat seemingly overlooked that year simply because Lembo likes to throw the ball.

Shuman on the other hand.....small guy but man is he fast!!!!

seantaylor
June 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Zeke Rozier is going to bust out. Playing for a bum like Hatcher really has hamstrung him.

SoCon48
June 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Evidently statistics are considered meaningless. Having to compete for rushing time with an All-American QB must be equally meaningless.

T-Dog
June 24th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Varner is a terrible excuse for a writer. He's also an Elon student/recent grad so he's biased in his (poorly written) views.

SoCon48
June 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Varner is a terrible excuse for a writer. He's also an Elon student/recent grad so he's biased in his (poorly written) views.

Good grief. No wonder.

ThompsonThe
June 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I like this list - NO bias at all. xsmiley_wix

http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/socon_rb_rankings/
SouthernPigskin.com writer is an Elon student or grad, isn't he?

Evans is a great back no doubt about it. I hope that Moore finishes #1 postseason however. Moore will likely get 20% more carries this year.

Moore seems to be getting stronger. What was it he lifted? 500 lbs.