PDA

View Full Version : Richmond gets O-line transfer from Rutgers

ur2k
June 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Good to see Coach Scott filling a need.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062210aaa.html

University of Richmond head football coach Latrell Scott announced Monday that former Rutgers offensive lineman Richard Muldrow has signed an athletics grant-in-aid to attend Richmond and play for the Spiders in 2010. Muldrow has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Muldrow, a 6-6, 285-pound left guard, is the second transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision school to Richmond since Scott was named the Spiders' head coach in December. Former Southern California QB Aaron Corp transferred to Richmond in January.

LeadBolt
June 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Good to see Coach Scott filling a need.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062210aaa.html

University of Richmond head football coach Latrell Scott announced Monday that former Rutgers offensive lineman Richard Muldrow has signed an athletics grant-in-aid to attend Richmond and play for the Spiders in 2010. Muldrow has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Muldrow, a 6-6, 285-pound left guard, is the second transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision school to Richmond since Scott was named the Spiders' head coach in December. Former Southern California QB Aaron Corp transferred to Richmond in January.

Nice pick up!

WMTribe90
June 22nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Good pick up in the sense that this will at least give UR more depth at a position of need. But, in three years at Rutgers he only appeared in a handful of games last year as a reserve.

jmufan999
June 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
better keep Corp upright in 2010.

ur2k
June 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Good pick up in the sense that this will at least give UR more depth at a position of need. But, in three years at Rutgers he only appeared in a handful of games last year as a reserve.

How many games did Paulus play at UNC? xeyebrowx

We get a big body from a BCS program. But the biggest thing to take out of this is it gives us more depth at a position where we needed it. As the poster above said, keeping Corp (or Laub) upright and not running for their life is the key to our season.

bleedblue
June 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Wow! Looking at his high school recruiting info on Rivals and Scout he appears to be a very solid pickup. Not getting on the field at Rutgers is not a big deal. Hell Rutgers has put out some very good O-linemen recently so I would think some good linemen don't get playing time. I bet he will be a good one in the CAA, wish UD got'em.

WMTribe90
June 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
How many games did Paulus play at UNC? xeyebrowx

We get a big body from a BCS program. But the biggest thing to take out of this is it gives us more depth at a position where we needed it. As the poster above said, keeping Corp (or Laub) upright and not running for their life is the key to our season.

Same applies to Paulus and any FBS transfer with limited to no college playing time. Obviously the kid has the physical ability, but heading into his fourth year at Rutgers he was not slated to receive significant playing time, or he wouldn't be transfering. At this point, his HS credentials are meaningless (yes, same applies to Paulus). Hopefully he realizes his potential at UR. Best of luck to him (I played against his HS growing up).

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
I predict this kid wins the Outland Trophy in December.

Dignan
June 23rd, 2010, 02:54 AM
I predict this kid wins the Outland Trophy in December.

Well, there's some optimism. Sounds like a solid pickup and you should be happy, but remember that there are already good players in FCS... I think sometimes people get too starstruck with FBS players transferring to FCS.

jmufan999
June 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Well, there's some optimism. Sounds like a solid pickup and you should be happy, but remember that there are already good players in FCS... I think sometimes people get too starstruck with FBS players transferring to FCS.

TOTALLY agree, especially on this site. many people were all over that Syracuse transfer we had 1-2 years ago... if i recall, he never played and was "last string", don't know how many "strings" there are. ha.

LeadBolt
June 23rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
With the OL losses that UR had and a new QB, this is a nice pick up. Whether he wins the Outland trophy or just barely hangs on to the two deep, they are better off.

Dignan
June 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
With the OL losses that UR had and a new QB, this is a nice pick up. Whether he wins the Outland trophy or just barely hangs on to the two deep, they are better off.

Not doubting that, definitely a good pickup regardless.

spdram
June 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
I know BigHouse, I'm sure his statement was in jest.

LeadBolt
June 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM

I assumed that was the case, but it would be great if it happened!

URMite
June 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
I took the Outland(ish?) post as a way of balancing out the perceived pessimism. xlolx

I think he would be 1st off the bench right now, and would not be surprised to see him work his way up. At the very least, this gives us a very solid but inexperienced two deep making our greatest concern (OL) a bit less disturbing. xhurrayx

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM

Oh, I'm serious! xsmiley_wix

In all candor, I am just amused by the WM and JMU fans coming like moth to flame about why enthusiasm should be tempered...

State Line Liquors
June 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
xeekx ANOTHER??

paward
June 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a family conspiracy to me!

Dignan
June 24th, 2010, 02:47 AM

In all candor, I am just amused by the WM and JMU fans coming like moth to flame about why enthusiasm should be tempered...

Actually only one person talked about tempering enthusiasm (a WM fan) until you brought out your "outlandish" prediction. Until I saw your post I was just going to reply that it sounded like a good pickup.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Actually only one person talked about tempering enthusiasm (a WM fan) until you brought out your "outlandish" prediction. Until I saw your post I was just going to reply that it sounded like a good pickup.

jmufann999...

So do you think he's got a shot at the Outland?

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2010, 07:14 AM

How long has it been for the Tribe against the Spiders? Let's hope things are tempered this year.

Unfortunately for the Tribe, our DT transfer only had 21 credits accepted by W&M, and will now be ineligible for 2010. Tempers our enthusiasm a bit.:(

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
How long has it been for the Tribe against the Spiders? Let's hope things are tempered this year.

Unfortunately for the Tribe, our DT transfer only had 21 credits accepted by W&M, and will now be ineligible for 2010. Tempers our enthusiasm a bit.:(

Are you referring to the Winston Salem kid?

elon77
June 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM

He should have gone to Liberty!xlolxxlolxxlolx

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, the WSSU kid. Had earned 32 credits with a 3.4 gpa, but W&M only accepted 21, and he didn't learn until it was too late for summer school. A bummer for us, but moreso for him. He'll only have three years of eligibility now.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM
He should have gone to Liberty!xlolxxlolxxlolx

xlolx

jmufan999
June 24th, 2010, 03:39 PM
jmufann999...

i have absolutely no clue. i don't know anything about the kid, the history of the award, none of it. i'm guessing that the winner would be a member of a high-powered offense that doesn't give up many sacks. most likely from a power conference. define "power conference" however you'd like. :)

jmufan999
June 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM
ah, apparently that usually goes to an FBS player. guess you were being sarcastic. clever.

ur2k
June 25th, 2010, 10:06 AM
jmufann999...

Can we request a fishing emoticon? A Hook, line and sinker or something? xlolx

jmufan999
June 25th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Can we request a fishing emoticon? A Hook, line and sinker or something? xlolx

yeah, seriously. :)

in all honesty, i don't care about individual awards... at all. ok, maybe the heisman and the WP award, but that's it. don't care or follow any of the other awards.

TexasTerror
July 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Today's article on Muldrow...

Time will tell if Rutgers transfer Richard Muldrow helps the University of Richmond win football games. The 6-7, 300-pound offensive tackle seems to have brought a winning attitude.

The resident of York, Pa., isn't predicting personal dominance as a Spider now that he has moved to a Football Championship Subdivision program from a Football Bowl Subdivision program.

"Wherever you go to play, football is football. It's not going to be handed to you. It's not going to be easy," said Muldrow, who turned down Penn State, West Virginia, Boston College and Illinois when he signed with Rutgers in February 2007. "I plan on being part of a great program, and I plan on making contributions. But the best five [offensive linemen] will play."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/2010/jul/11/urfb11-ar-287774/