PDA

View Full Version : Yosef in the off-season

The Cats
June 14th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I know most of you probably never wondered about this, but just in case any of you have ever asked the question, "Just what does "Yosef" do in the off season?

Well after a little investigative reporting, an undercover "Paws" recently found out.....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150201167120151

he's the KBS janitor !!!!!!!

AppTrex77
June 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Undercover "Paws" is hurtin' for news, baby!

The Cats
June 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hey... I didn't say it was a "major" scoop... just a scoop.... LOL

SideLine Shooter
June 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I know most of you probably never wondered about this, but just in case any of you have ever asked the question, "Just what does "Yosef" do in the off season?

Well after a little investigative reporting, an undercover "Paws" recently found out.....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150201167120151

he's the KBS janitor !!!!!!!

I'll bet you wish you had facilities like that to be cleaned. xlolxxhurrayx

AppAlum2003
June 14th, 2010, 05:07 PM
What if we don't use Facebook?

Oh well, it probably wasn't very funny anyway.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM
App State's record on making home-grown videos is not very good. This just continues the tradition.

AppAlum2003
June 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM
App State's record on making home-grown videos is not very good. This just continues the tradition.

http://www.appfan.com/video/

Watch ANY of those and see if your opinion changes. I'll agree, the University is not very good at videos, but the Athletic Department sure is.

PhoenixSupreme
June 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.appfan.com/video/

Watch ANY of those and see if your opinion changes. I'll agree, the University is not very good at videos, but the Athletic Department sure is.

ASU is Hot, Hot, Hot immediately negates any good videos that App St has xsmiley_wix

AppAlum2003
June 14th, 2010, 05:51 PM
ASU is Hot, Hot, Hot immediately negates any good videos that App St has xsmiley_wix

OK, so the count goes like this then:

ASU Good Videos = 0
Elon Playoff Wins = 0

Does that look right? :)

PhoenixSupreme
June 14th, 2010, 06:29 PM
OK, so the count goes like this then:

ASU Good Videos = 0
Elon Playoff Wins = 0

Does that look right? :)

Point taken, but one of these things could very likely change this year (and it has nothing to do with videos) xnodx

appsfan
June 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes, ASU is likely to have a good video this year...;)

appstate38
June 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Kinda like posting SoCon champs all over your school website before the game with the defending champs!!!! I think you have bigger issues than worring about what kind of vids the Apps are making.xthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
June 14th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Kinda like posting SoCon champs all over your school website before the game with the defending champs!!!! I think you have bigger issues than worring about what kind of vids the Apps are making.xthumbsupx

Don't worry...History won't repeat itself in regards to that this time. Who knows....if they saved the old poster, maybe we can just cross out 2009 and put in 2010...save a lot of time. :D

ericsaid
June 15th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Or, you could just give the apps number 6, get yourself a playoff win app makes a good video and call it a year

GlassOnion
June 15th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Don't worry...History won't repeat itself in regards to that this time. Who knows....if they saved the old poster, maybe we can just cross out 2009 and put in 2010...save a lot of time. :D

The classic Elon motto: Wait till next year!

PhoenixSupreme
June 15th, 2010, 01:25 AM
The classic Elon motto: Wait till next year!

I'm a Cubs fan as well, so I'm quite used to that motto xthumbsupx

GlassOnion
June 15th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm a Cubs fan as well, so I'm quite used to that motto xthumbsupx

Good grief, you just cant get anything right!

MorgantonAPPAlum
June 15th, 2010, 07:58 AM
It's good to see Yosef productively employed. Now if WCU could only get Paws to clean out his litter box...

SideLine Shooter
June 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Yes, ASU is likely to have a good video this year...;)

I'm still enjoying the video from last years elon game. TOTAL DOMINATION.xthumbsupx

gophoenix
June 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Oh yes, the screaming and the crying in the videos of year after year of Armanti can't take a hit. Will be interesting to see what ole glass body Edwards will do with the Panthers. As a receiver, he'll be hit a lot more, and by lots stronger and faster people. But then, the Panthers are notorious for taking people like that.

1st Quarter = old App.
2nd quarter = App for next year.

It's going to be a fun year watching you guys lose, even if Elon is 0-11.

AppIAA
June 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Oh yes, the screaming and the crying in the videos of year after year of Armanti can't take a LATE AND/OR BLATANTLY DIRTY, hit. Will be interesting to see what ole glass body Edwards will do with the Panthers. As a receiver, he'll be hit a lot more, and by lots stronger and faster people. But then, the Panthers are notorious for taking people like that.

1st Quarter = old App.

You apparently haven't watched him enough if you think he can't take a hit. I don't know many people who can take a hit while he is getting up and tossing the ref the ball after a dead play.. or when someone dives at his knees..

Guess Joe Theismann can't take a hit either huh? He seemed to collapse when someone got his legs.. xcoffeex

You sir, are absolutely clueless if you don't AE can take hits -- you need to watch some highlight reels. Not only can he take hits, he can dish them out as well.

How is your boy Scotty Riddle at taking hits? Oh that's right -- as soon as the pocket collapses just a little, he chucks in the air to T-Mobile and falls down. It sure is fun watching him fight though -- throw punch, run away like a little baby..

phoenixphanatic21
June 15th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Ok does anyone have any video of these late hits? I have been hearing so much about them yet I still have not seen any of them. Ever. And I was at the game.

I will stick by my previous comments on this topic (and this is the last time I will ever talk about this because it is such old news and it seems no progress will ever be made on this topic): when you have a scrambling QB like Edwards, the man is going to take a lot of hits. Eventually, the hits will add up and chances are the guy will get injured. The teams are over it. The players are over it. Time for the fans to get over it too.

Appaholic
June 15th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Ok does anyone have any video of these late hits? I have been hearing so much about them yet I still have not seen any of them. Ever. And I was at the game.

I will stick by my previous comments on this topic (and this is the last time I will ever talk about this because it is such old news and it seems no progress will ever be made on this topic): when you have a scrambling QB like Edwards, the man is going to take a lot of hits. Eventually, the hits will add up and chances are the guy will get injured. The teams are over it. The players are over it. Time for the fans to get over it too.

Agree. At least with regard to last year's game (didn't see the '08 game). App won both & us fans should have no need to continue chirping about the (late?) hits. Let the scoreboard talk...xpeacex

Appaholic
June 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
BTW, in response to The Cat's original post, I too was able to locate a photo of some former WCU players at a recent Alumni Fundraiser....

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/51346829750820938835.jpg

gophoenix
June 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM
You apparently haven't watched him enough if you think he can't take a hit. I don't know many people who can take a hit while he is getting up and tossing the ref the ball after a dead play.. or when someone dives at his knees..

Guess Joe Theismann can't take a hit either huh? He seemed to collapse when someone got his legs.. xcoffeex

You sir, are absolutely clueless if you don't AE can take hits -- you need to watch some highlight reels. Not only can he take hits, he can dish them out as well.

How is your boy Scotty Riddle at taking hits? Oh that's right -- as soon as the pocket collapses just a little, he chucks in the air to T-Mobile and falls down. It sure is fun watching him fight though -- throw punch, run away like a little baby..

I see this place has turned into MMB II, how lovely for the appy fans.

Oh, I've watched Edwards take hits. I've also watched all the games Edwards played against... what are we called this week, fElon or is it leon or eloan ... you guys have a special name for every rival, anyway.... Edwards wasn't hit throwing the ref the ball, ever. A few borderline hits, yes, but not that late. In fact, looking at the penalties over the last 4 years, there really isn't that much of a difference between the teams in regards to called penalties. But back to Edwards not taking a hit. If the man can't take leg tackles, which is what the whole go for the knees thing is and which by the way are completely legal, then he is going to last a half season in the NFL as a receiver. End of story.

Hey, but thanks for trying. I'm sure if you guys say it enough, enough of you will all believe this is true.

And if you watch the baseball clip, Riddle threw a punch and was pulled off by teammates. Again, I'm sure if you say the same thing long enough, someone will believe you guys....

Toodles....xthumbsupx

biggie
June 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
True, the low hit on AE the last game was legal, in college. Probably not for long as it will change to the NFL rule.

Big difference when you are planted on a leg that takes a hit and running with the ball as a WR in NFL and take a hit.

AppIAA
June 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM

I only brought it up because the Elon fan did first...

If the man can't take leg tackles, which is what the whole go for the knees thing is and which by the way are completely legal, then he is going to last a half season in the NFL as a receiver. End of story.

I would agree, but going for the knees on a QB (at least in the NFL) is illegal.. its a completely different stress on the knee when getting hit in the knee when trying to juke or running than it is after throwing a pass..

And you might need to watch the baseball clip again.. definitely ran away like a baby. I could care less who believes it -- we know what we saw, and we still had the higher number on the scoreboard.. Let me guess, wait until next year right?

I just can't wait for the time Eloan actually beats App (it's bound to happen eventually).. I can only imagine the trash talk from fElon fans.. (is that enough nick names for you?) And if you don't like the MMB and are going to complain about it, don't go there -- pretty simple solution..

Skjellyfetti
June 15th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Bull****.

Watch any of the videos on this site:
http://www.vimeo.com/appstatefootball

Better than anything put out by any FCS team. Better than most FBS teams. Better than anything Lehigh will ever put together. xnodx

The Cats
June 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Now if WCU could only get Paws to clean out his litter box...

I gotta admit... that's a good one.

ThompsonThe
June 16th, 2010, 02:36 AM
fElon....trying to cripple our QB every year is NOT playing football ! You would do well to quit that crap. Has happened for several years now. Was predicted prior to the last two games in detail, just the way it happened. Going for the ankles with 270 pound linemen is not what football is about. Try to win on the field without intentionally hurting the other teams QB.

Skjellyfetti
June 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM
And defending a play where Armanti was laying on the ground and an Elon player dove at his leg and tore some ligaments in his knee is just ridiculous. In '08 the player should have been thrown out of the game. In '09... while technically a legal hit... was a cheap shot and considering what happened the year before... App fans don't like it and will remember it for a long time.

And until your football team actually accomplishes something. Shut the **** up.

GlassOnion
June 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Armanti was thrown down out of bounds early in the 09 game as well. Sam Whyche was kind enough to point it out for those who are blind.

I also dont get the sig. "proving 2009 was no fluke." What was no fluke? Zero quality wins and an early playoff exit?

phoenixphanatic21
June 16th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Armanti was thrown down out of bounds early in the 09 game as well. Sam Whyche was kind enough to point it out for those who are blind.

Oh, you mean the worst television announcer ever who blatantly shows his biasedness (repeatedly said 'we' when talking about Furman during the Furman-Elon game. Come on man, try to hide it a lil.) and offered little to nothing to the game itself, or any game I watched for that matter?

phoenixphanatic21
June 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Also, still waiting for a video...

Until I see one, I'm down with this. I'd much rather talk about football for this upcoming season as opposed to something that happened 2 years ago. K? Thanks. Bye.

GlassOnion
June 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Oh, you mean the worst television announcer ever who blatantly shows his biasedness (repeatedly said 'we' when talking about Furman during the Furman-Elon game. Come on man, try to hide it a lil.) and offered little to nothing to the game itself, or any game I watched for that matter?

At least the man knows a late hit when he sees one.

Also, still waiting for Elon to become relevant... k, bye!

PhoenixSupreme
June 16th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Look, regardless if late hits occurred or not, the past is the past, so everyone please just let it slide and just focus on football for next season. I'm sick and tired of hearing the back and forth arguments on late hits...from both sides. Seriously, some people are just making a mountain out of a molehill.

KiddBrewer
June 16th, 2010, 10:27 PM
oh, how i love offseason back and forth trash talking! so educated and soundxrotatehx

ThompsonThe
June 17th, 2010, 01:11 AM
It's NOT just the past. It's the present, and the future.
Several cheap shots are not forgotten; look away, look away fElon man!
and take that mucking tweetie bird with U.

SoCon48
June 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

SoCon48
June 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Oh yes, the screaming and the crying in the videos of year after year of Armanti can't take a hit. Will be interesting to see what ole glass body Edwards will do with the Panthers. As a receiver, he'll be hit a lot more, and by lots stronger and faster people. But then, the Panthers are notorious for taking people like that.

1st Quarter = old App.

Don't hold your breath when fElon comes to Boone.

gophoenix
June 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Don't hold your breath when fElon comes to Boone.

Dense as usual.

If Elon is 0-11, then they don't win in Boone genius. I'm sure, since I am not talking about Elon beating App, you can put it together that I mean App losing to, well, basically everyone else. To watch those egos come crashing down is going to be a marvel to everyone else in the SoCon and the state of North Carolina.

And the fact that I had to explain it to you... well, not surprising actually. Next!

gophoenix
June 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
And until your football team actually accomplishes something. Shut the **** up.

Oh, ok, I got it. Winning record, top ten finish. That's nothing. Got it.....

So why didn't that apply to App fans just a handful of years ago? I think we know the answer to that, the Block A just gives everyone the ability to act like complete donkeys. Makes sense now.

SideLine Shooter
June 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM

So why didn't that apply to App fans just a handful of years ago? I think we know the answer to that, the Block A just gives everyone the ability to act like complete donkeys. Makes sense now.

GO FOR THE KNEES.xbangxxbangxxrulesxxlolx

gophoenix
June 18th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Look, regardless if late hits occurred or not, the past is the past, so everyone please just let it slide and just focus on football for next season. I'm sick and tired of hearing the back and forth arguments on late hits...from both sides. Seriously, some people are just making a mountain out of a molehill.

No, the difference is, App fans will celebrate injuries left and right, whether by late hits or not. Their redneck style coaching staff makes sure of that.

Remember:
-You must respect App and their great fan base.
-Anything App fans say must be true, because, there are more of them on the net than any of the rest of us, so more people to proliferate a lie means more people in agreement that the lie must be true.
-To disrespect App in any way, home or away, is something to be punished.
-App fans think it is cool to have the team enter the field, band playing, during the home team's awards ceremony and senior recognition
-The App fans chant and the band plays while opposing teams players are hurt, no matter what the team

App can do no wrong, ever, and if they do, they'll run the lie campaign to snuff out the opposing views. Only other teams can do wrong, especially the teams with the pet names that their fans give us.

So maybe they're right, until we've "done something" and the definition of that changes every year, I guess we can't whine, cry and whine about anything.

gophoenix
June 18th, 2010, 01:36 PM
GO FOR THE KNEES.xbangxxbangxxrulesxxlolx

And the crying continues.

Maybe the App motto should be, go for the tissues to wipe up all the tears from the crying. Maybe it can be Kleenex Stadium instead of Kidd Brewer.

AppIAA
June 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
No, the difference is, App fans will celebrate injuries left and right, whether by late hits or not. Their redneck style coaching staff makes sure of that.

Remember:
-You must respect App and their great fan base.
-Anything App fans say must be true, because, there are more of them on the net than any of the rest of us, so more people to proliferate a lie means more people in agreement that the lie must be true.
-To disrespect App in any way, home or away, is something to be punished.
-App fans think it is cool to have the team enter the field, band playing, during the home team's awards ceremony and senior recognition
-The App fans chant and the band plays while opposing teams players are hurt, no matter what the team

App can do no wrong, ever, and if they do, they'll run the lie campaign to snuff out the opposing views. Only other teams can do wrong, especially the teams with the pet names that their fans give us.

So maybe they're right, until we've "done something" and the definition of that changes every year, I guess we can't whine, cry and whine about anything.

And where have you earned your arrogance?

And to say we cheer when players are hurt no matter who the opponent just proves you have no idea what you're talking about... We might have against fElon two years ago but that only because of the constant late hits that were being thrown on our players -- karma is a b***h..

Hey, I have an idea.. "Just wait til next year.. nobody will be able to stop us"

AppIAA
June 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM

No playoff wins, no SoCon Championships, banner crowning the SoCon champs on the website a week early then getting killed at home..

Yup, that's nothing.. glad you realized!

SoCon48
June 18th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Dense as usual.

If Elon is 0-11, then they don't win in Boone genius. I'm sure, since I am not talking about Elon beating App, you can put it together that I mean App losing to, well, basically everyone else. To watch those egos come crashing down is going to be a marvel to everyone else in the SoCon and the state of North Carolina.

And the fact that I had to explain it to you... well, not surprising actually. Next!

Usual smart *** reply from a smart ***.
Nice to know you weren't talking about fElon beating App when they come to Boone because they aren't.
FYI, I was talkinbg ONLY about fElon when they come to Boone.

SoCon48
June 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM
And where have you earned your arrogance?

And to say we cheer when players are hurt no matter who the opponent just proves you have no idea what you're talking about... We might have against fElon two years ago but that only because of the constant late hits that were being thrown on our players -- karma is a b***h..

Hey, I have an idea.. "Just wait til next year.. nobody will be able to stop us"

And to say we cheer when players are hurt no matter who the opponent just proves you have no idea what you're talking about

Figured him out, eh?

Saint3333
June 19th, 2010, 10:08 AM

1st Quarter = old App.

I hope ASU fans never have to celebrate the failures of our fellow conference members vs. Our own accomplishments. Sad really.