PDA

View Full Version : (For western FCS fans:) What do you think??

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
About this conference??

New Mexico State
Wyoming
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Montana
Montana State
Texas State
Colorado State
Utah State
Idaho

It's not the WAC. The WAC would probably be rebuilt with the remaining current WAC schools plus Sac State and Cal-Poly and Davis. This might be a newly formed conference.

A lot of academic peers in this conference (Idaho, NMSU, USU, Wyo, SDSU, NDSU, Montana schools). Basically all athletic peers, with a few programs who are downright better than NDSU's, for example. (All-around, not just football) This would make some of the schools (DSU's and Montana schools) step up their game somewhat as far as athletic budgets go. Athletic budgets could range from $20 million to $30 million. I see the athletic budgets at these schools, and no one exceeds $30 million at this moment. Next year, NDSU will be at $14 million, I think SDSU will be at least $12 million, and Montana/Montana State might be somewhere between 16-18 million. So a few of us would need to increase that by at least 50 percent in order to be competative.

The only fans I think would have a problem with this would be Wyoming fans. They think their athletic program is head over heels above any Dakota or Montana school. Montana, MSU, NDSU and SDSU however are basically academically identical to Wyoming, and we would just need to step up our athletic spending. This would be an FBS conference anyway.

Then, the WAC would remain under its name, but in this form:

Nevada
Hawaii
UNLV
San Jose State
Cal Poly
Fresno State
San Diego State
UC Davis
Sacramento State
Portland State

What do you think??

Green Cookie Monster
June 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_hbRC1FWJ48J:uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/accreditation/Resources/B/03_Athletics_div_1A_response.pdf+Rationale+for+the +University+of+Wyoming+To+Remain+Division+I-A+(FBS)&hl=en&gl=us

Wyoming is not going to drop down. Too much too lose when weighed with the P&L statement.

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2010, 08:02 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_hbRC1FWJ48J:uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/accreditation/Resources/B/03_Athletics_div_1A_response.pdf+Rationale+for+the +University+of+Wyoming+To+Remain+Division+I-A+(FBS)&hl=en&gl=us

Wyoming is not going to drop down. Too much too lose when weighed with the P&L statement.

Both conferences I'm talking about would be FBS conferences.

superman7515
June 11th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Baylor is more than likely going to be out in the cold looking for a conference. Any room for them? Haha

NoCoDanny
June 11th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Why are there about a dozen lame conference ideas on here all with ND State in them, is there nothing else to do up there but daydream?

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Why are there about a dozen lame conference ideas on here all with ND State in them, is there nothing else to do up there but daydream?

This coming from a fan of a school whom all DII football fans are saying should move to the RMAC.

darell1976
June 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM

I didn't want to be the first one to say it.xwhistlex

slostang
June 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Looks good to me.

JSUBison
June 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Would you rather we start up UND/NDSU flame war #17? I know how much you all love reading those.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
You somehow managed to make a conference realignment situation that makes nobody happy, does nothing to solve any of the issues facing any conference, and makes what's already a massive mess in FBS even worse. Brah-vo.

pcola
June 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Would you rather we start up UND/NDSU flame war #17? I know how much you all love reading those.
Game on!;)

Green Cookie Monster
June 12th, 2010, 12:08 AM

Looks good then. xnodx

techstate
June 12th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Looks good to me.

Would have a hard time complaining about that conference.

darell1976
June 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM

What does UND have to do with us wondering why all your new FBS conferences have NDSU in them?xconfusedx

bjtheflamesfan
June 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
How bout yall just chill...seriously. the only way that it turns into a flame war is if you keep responding and stoking the fire. Stop responding to it and the fire goes out

MplsBison
June 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Can't do it anymore.

Every team would have to be invited to FBS by an existing conference first. Only after that would they then be able to form a new FBS conference.