PDA

View Full Version : Does Masoli Transfer?

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was kicked off the team after another arrest, do you think he will transfer? Will an FCS team take a chance on someone who has had some highly publicized isssues? Here is a link to the story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/jeremiah-masoli-kicked-off-oregon-football-team-060910

EmeryZach
June 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
UMass needs a QB. We could use him in Amherst.

laxVik
June 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
As a duck fan good riddance. He's a tremendous athlete, obviously best suited for the spread. With one year left does he go D2? Can't recall if he'd have to wait out a year at that level as well.

UNHFootballAlum
June 10th, 2010, 12:52 AM
He can go to FCS and play right away

JALMOND
June 10th, 2010, 01:11 AM
As a duck fan good riddance. He's a tremendous athlete, obviously best suited for the spread. With one year left does he go D2? Can't recall if he'd have to wait out a year at that level as well.

He can play right away at FCS level or lower. The question circulating around Portland is if the amount of marijuana is enough to cause him to go to jail. Keep in mind that he was on probation for the frat house burglary earlier. If he is able to transfer, the question is where. The places that make the most sense, based on prior history, are Portland State (able to play at the highest level in Oregon) and Montana (Pflugrad knows Duck football), but both are pretty stocked at quarterback right now (PSU had 7 QB's on the roster this spring, UM has two pretty decent QB's in Selle and Roper).

This is the guy who led Oregon to the Rose Bowl last year so benefits may outweigh the risks. Then again, maybe not.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 10th, 2010, 03:37 AM
This will be very interesting to keep an eye on.

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM
He can play right away at FCS level or lower. The question circulating around Portland is if the amount of marijuana is enough to cause him to go to jail. Keep in mind that he was on probation for the frat house burglary earlier. If he is able to transfer, the question is where. The places that make the most sense, based on prior history, are Portland State (able to play at the highest level in Oregon) and Montana (Pflugrad knows Duck football), but both are pretty stocked at quarterback right now (PSU had 7 QB's on the roster this spring, UM has two pretty decent QB's in Selle and Roper).

This is the guy who led Oregon to the Rose Bowl last year so benefits may outweigh the risks. Then again, maybe not.

I really don't see Montana being too interested in Masoli, however, if he were to transfer here that would be the 3rd Oregon quarterback transfers between Montana(Roper) and Montana State(Kempt).

Longhorn
June 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I can't see any program being interested in him at this point...perhaps there's a soft-hearted (or perhaps soft-headed) coach or AD out there who is desperate for an athlete...but I think his days of playing scholarship college ball are over.

Silenoz
June 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I can't see any program being interested in him at this point...perhaps there's a soft-hearted (or perhaps soft-headed) coach or AD out there who is desperate for an athlete...but I think his days of playing scholarship college ball are over.

USD it is

JALMOND
June 11th, 2010, 12:21 AM
This will be very interesting to keep an eye on.

He has a court date scheduled for June 24. We'll find out a lot more then. Word around Portland today is that he may forego college altogether and play this year in Canada. I'm thinking that may be a bit difficult, if not because of his probation status, but also because their season begins about the time of his court date. It won't give him much time to get acclimated in a system there.

Hammer22
June 11th, 2010, 12:56 AM
The guy did a horrible thing and we all deserve second chances. But, I wouldn't want my school bringing him in though.

WVAPPmountaineer
June 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
He can go to FCS and play right away

I believe the new rule states an FBS player must have 2 years eligibility left to go to FCS - DII looks like the only option (a player can go to FCS with 1 year left but he must have graduated) ----