PDA

View Full Version : SOCON meeting D1 changes

tarmac
June 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Representatives of the six bidding cities -- Chattanooga; Charleston, S.C.; Greenville, S.C.; Asheville, N.C.; Charlotte, N.C.; and Winston-Salem, N.C. -- will make 20-minute presentations Wednesday afternoon. The SoCon athletic directors will discuss the bids afterward and possibly vote Thursday.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/01/socon-set-to-decide-tourney-sites/

The article says it could go to three different cities in those three years or one city.

I also found this interesting.

Among the other topics that will be discussed this week, Iamarino said, are the lawsuit filed by Samford before the SoCon softball tournament and the possible ramifications of conference changes throughout Division I:

PaladinFan
June 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Enjoy all those cities. Gotta say the SoCon has some fun towns to visit.

OL FU
June 2nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
He also mentioned that the expansion of the Big Ten could have ramifications in the Socon and said that some one left, the SoCon would look to replace. That tells me we aren't looking now.

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Among the other topics that will be discussed this week, Iamarino said, are the lawsuit filed by Samford before the SoCon softball tournament and the possible ramifications of conference changes throughout Division I:

I do not think there are any conferences (outside of maybe the Ivy, SWAC and MEAC - which are much different than other leagues) that will not be discussing the possible ramifications of conference changes.

The question is - what will these institutions and conferences say as it relates to expansion? So many are so tight-lipped, but they really have no choice, but to be...

zilla
June 2nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
He also mentioned that the expansion of the Big Ten could have ramifications in the Socon and said that some one left, the SoCon would look to replace. That tells me we aren't looking now.

Please take us!!!

SuperEagle
June 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Please take us!!!
I would take you guys now if it were up to me.

OL FU
June 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
I would take you guys now if it were up to me.

Let's trade them for the Citadel so the bulldogs and play Chuck South every yearxnodx:D

PaladinFan
June 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Be interesting to see if Big 10 expansion actually affected the SoCon.

I personally don't see the SoCon expanding any time soon. I certainly don't want to get into that argument again.

CrackerRiley
June 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Concerning the SoCon tourney location I'm in favor of Asheville (it being near my home town) but I had a lot of fun in Charlotte this past year. So I hope it is in at least one of those cities over the next couple of years.

Not in favor of SoCon expansion.