PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Polls--UNH #10

Wildcat80
June 1st, 2010, 01:44 AM
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2010/05/the_sporting_news_ranks_unh_10.html

As expected the CAA will be a dogfight!:D

NHwildEcat
June 1st, 2010, 05:55 AM
They have Richmond higher then W&M? Doesn't make sense to me.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 1st, 2010, 06:52 AM
They have Richmond higher then W&M? Doesn't make sense to me.

On paper, you could be right. That said, W&M has 3 trips to New England and a brutal finish to their schedule ... and oh yeah, we've beaten them 5 years straight... :D

NHwildEcat
June 1st, 2010, 07:07 AM
On paper, you could be right. That said, W&M has 3 trips to New England and a brutal finish to their schedule ... and oh yeah, we've beaten them 5 years straight... :D

Understood. And I know things can completely change as the games play out...but if I am not mistaken Richmond lost a lot of players? W&M looks to be a very similar team to last year that is all. I also don't agree with UNH @ 10, but what can you do.

I will be interested to see where these teams shake out in the AGS poll later today.

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM

Other than the cost, and difficulty for fans, the three trips to New England don't bother me. Easier on the team to take an hour and a half charter flight than to ride a bus to Villanova or Delaware. Maine, UNH and UMass all have close by airports, so those trips are not tough on the team, plus they're spread out over the season. The finishing stretch, and the fact we don't play Towson, is the toughest part of the schedule. Delaware, UNC, UNH, JMU and UR in succession is a big challenge.

As to the five straight losses, that's what JMU was pointing to last year.:D

bluehenbillk
June 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
Very surprised to see UR ranked that high, shocked actually, is TSN even researching things or do they think Corp is the second coming?

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Very surprised to see UR ranked that high, shocked actually, is TSN even researching things or do they think Corp is the second coming?

Probably a combination of both ... mostly the prior.

JSU02
June 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Anyone know 11-25?

andy7171
June 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
Other than the cost, and difficulty for fans, the three trips to New England don't bother me. Easier on the team to take an hour and a half charter flight than to ride a bus to Villanova or Delaware. Maine, UNH and UMass all have close by airports, so those trips are not tough on the team, plus they're spread out over the season. The finishing stretch, and the fact we don't play Towson, is the toughest part of the schedule. Delaware, UNC, UNH, JMU and UR in succession is a big challenge.

That hurt SF. :D

bullseye44
June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM

Here's to hoping the Paulus looks better than he did in the Spring Game...

Bam
June 1st, 2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone know 11-25?

X2

tribefan40
June 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Here's to hoping the Paulus looks better than he did in the Spring Game...

If he's even the starter. I've been hearing good things about Caprio, hopefully we will have things sorted out for UMass...

UNH72Plus
June 1st, 2010, 10:21 AM
This is a bit off topic, but have any of you State U fans heard what David Ball and Ricky Santos are doing this year? Last time I checked the CFL rosters, neither was listed anywhere.

NHwildEcat
June 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
This is a bit off topic, but have any of you State U fans heard what David Ball and Ricky Santos are doing this year? Last time I checked the CFL rosters, neither was listed anywhere.

They were both recently cut for CFL rosters...what happens next is anyone's guess...