PDA

View Full Version : Update on AGS

AGS OWNER
May 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM
First let me thank everyone for their patience last week while we moved AGS to a new hosting company. As with any move, there are a few kinks, and I believe we have worked out most of them. If you find anything that needs to be fixed, please send an email to [email protected], and we'll take care of it right away.

We have some new things that we will be implementing on the site. For starters, you might have noticed the Google Ads at the top and the bottom of the page. Just trying to pay the bills. If this method doesn't work, we'll try something else.

We are also going to add some new moderators and new moderation policies. Look for another post with more details soon.

If you have any suggestions or ideas on making AGS a better community, please email me at [email protected]. I am listening to you and open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
Eric

fencer24
June 4th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hate to admit it, but you need some publicity. I thought you guys were dead and gone. Good to see you back.

OL FU
June 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Something to think about. I assume the ads pick up on key words in the threads because I have seen a lot of horse racing ads that I suppose are picking up on the Any Given Saturday name. If there is a way to tell the ad software to ignore that, you might get some different kind of ads.

Of course, I may not know what I am talking about which would not be unusual:D

Lulu
June 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I have tried several times to delete the horse racing ads, and for some reason it won't go away. I'll keep trying.

OL FU
June 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have tried several times to delete the horse racing ads, and for some reason it won't go away. I'll keep trying.

Persistent little suckers aren't theyxlolx

ngineer
June 4th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Persistent little suckers aren't theyxlolx

"Nag", "Nag", "Nag"...;)

Lulu
June 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Are you still seeing the horse racing ads?

PhoenixSupreme
June 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
On the main page, there are college football ads, but on this page (and I'm assuming other thread pages) there are still horse-racing ads.

EDIT: They're all not showing horse-racing ads anymore

OL FU
June 8th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Are you still seeing the horse racing ads?

Today I have not seen horse racing but I have seen

Horse Balloons
Yoga for Horsesxeyebrowx

And my all time favorite Horse Party Supplies which sounds more than a little deviantxeekx

PS, just to make sure you understand it is not a criticism. but if revenue is the plan I am not sure that Horse Party Supplies is going to get many clicks. On the other hand I might mention it to Chris. xlolx

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM
All my ads are related to DirecTV...

Must have to do with my frustration this morning with DirecTV and my constant pursuit to get someone on the line, using Google to teach my tricks to move up in the queue.

Keeper
June 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I tried google adsense on my site for a year and generated a whopping $1.37 :o

AppIAA
June 10th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I tried google adsense on my site for a year and generated a whopping $1.37 :o

Then you were not doing it right.. As a web designer and developer on the side, I have made $1000s with google adsense -- its not a bad way to bring in some extra income if you know how to do it.

AGS Owner or Booth Review, send me a PM if you want some help with the site and/or ads -- I will be glad to lend a helping hand!

GreatAppSt
June 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Just a reminder AGS will be down starting around midnight est tonight for hopefully only about an hour or so. Just ugrading the software package!!!!!xnodxxnodx