PDA

View Full Version : JMU Gets 2nd QB Recruit This Offseason

JMU Duke Dog
January 6th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Drew Dudzik, welcome to the JMU Dukes!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010600054.html

Centreville All-Met quarterback Drew Dudzik had hoped to earn some Division I-A interest, but after meeting with James Madison Coach Mickey Matthews yesterday, Dudzik last night decided to accept an offer to play for the Dukes.

Elon and Hofstra had recently gotten involved with Dudzik, who also had an offer from Towson.

"It was getting kind of confusing," Centreville Coach Mike Skinner said. "I think James Madison is where he wanted to go all along, but he wanted to take his visits."

Uncle Buck
January 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Wow, should be a great pick up. I used to work at Centreville when they won their last state championship and they regularly turn out great players. I have heard nothing but great things, it's too bad Hofstra lost out him.

JMU2004
January 7th, 2006, 02:52 AM
if you read gohens.net, they are getin scared,

HENJOHN
January 7th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Nobody is getting "scared", most of the buzz and questions are around what QB are we really recruiting and why is JMU signing two (2) QB's of this caliber. Also, doesn't JMU have a highly touted Sophomore Rodney Landers coming back?

th0m
January 7th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Well, I don't know if highly touted is the correct title. He's very athletic, but is nowhere close to being as good as Rascati. Landers saw some playing time in games that were decided early on, so it's hard to get a good sense of this kid. I think JMU is just getting all the QB talent it can get, because they know that Rascati has been such a good fit, and that it may be hard to find a QB like him.

HENJOHN
January 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Rascati was good. He did what it took to win and reminded me some of UD's Andy Hall from 2003. Gotcha on the Landers deal. I thought from my readings that he was pretty well thought of. Your 2 new recruits look like keepers.
Looking forward to our trip to Harrisonburg this fall.

Tribe4SF
January 7th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I think Dudzik is the better prospect. The other kid seems like a Landers clone. Dudzik is a winner.

th0m
January 7th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Well, I'm glad that we have Rascati for another year, but we also need this year to break in whoever replaces Rascati. I think you are right about the other kid though, MacPherson I think his name was.

mainejeff
January 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Move over Delaware, there's a new recruiting king in the A-10!

JMU Duke Dog
January 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Hopefully they will play as well as people are saying!

00bluehen
January 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I think you're right, MaineJeff. We have, to date, not secured any verbals whatsoever. I hope that James Madison lets us compete with them again sometime soon, because right now, it's just not fair.

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I think you're right, MaineJeff. We have, to date, not secured any verbals whatsoever. I hope that James Madison lets us compete with them again sometime soon, because right now, it's just not fair.

:confused::confused::confused:NO VERBALS..WHAT SO EVERAH??...BETTERAH BUY UH COPY O' DUH NEWS JOURNAL.....LADDIE!.....xcoffeex....BRAWQ!

JMU2004
January 8th, 2006, 01:11 AM
:confused::confused::confused:NO VERBALS..WHAT SO EVERAH??...BETTERAH BUY UH COPY O' DUH NEWS JOURNAL.....LADDIE!.....xcoffeex....BRAWQ!

hate to be an ass, but gohens.com makes me laugh

huge uproar after Mcpherson verballed to JMU, but then most said UD simply wasn't interested and that Mcpherson was a marginal recruit.

Same exact thing with Dudzik.....simply because UD was not a finalist, they must not have offered....lordy, imagine UD actually losing a recruit to JMU

If you read gohens, they will build a recruit up, and then say he wasn't good enough for UD when he commits elsewhere

00bluehen
January 8th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Misterah Chicken, you of all people should know tounge...i say, tongue-in-cheek when you see it.

Mick's won 2 battles (Moats and McPherson), KC's won 1 (Uhll). Nothing to get scared about. By all accounts, we weren't going that hard after Dudzik, but my congrats to JMU for nabbing him.

And 2004, at least there is a site like GoHens.net for Delaware fans. Your presence there makes me laugh, so we're even. The uproar is not over losing a kid--that's gonna happen. The uproar in McPherson's case is WHY he chose JMU, facilities. We're all hoping that our admin wakes up and realizes that.

EDIT: In reviewing the previous posts on Drew Dudzik, I don't see anyone "build him up" like he was the second coming. What was said was that he'd be a nice recruit for UD, and then after he committed, it was stated that we didn't go all that hard after him (which, judging by the fact that we didn't even offer him, is a pretty safe thing to say). I NEVER saw a post that said he wasn't good enough for Delaware. All things considered, we'd love his talent on the field for sure. Same situation for McPherson. I will say that Rob, from the start, said that McPherson was a question mark as to why I-As weren't offering him. He was consistent in that thinking even after he committed to JMU (which, I believe, is the post you're referencing when you say posters on GH.net thought he "wasn't good enough"). These circumstances do, however, make me think that our coaches have something up their sleeves that none of us know anything about.

JMU and UD are going to have a lot of recruiting battles in coming years, and we can't both win 'em all. If GoHens.net makes you laugh so much, just stop reading. Better yet, post your thoughts on there and get ripped accordingly ;)

JMU2004
January 8th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Misterah Chicken, you of all people should know tounge...i say, tongue-in-cheek when you see it.

Mick's won 2 battles (Moats and McPherson), KC's won 1 (Uhll). Nothing to get scared about. By all accounts, we weren't going that hard after Dudzik, but my congrats to JMU for nabbing him.

And 2004, at least there is a site like GoHens.net for Delaware fans. Your presence there makes me laugh, so we're even. The uproar is not over losing a kid--that's gonna happen. The uproar in McPherson's case is WHY he chose JMU, facilities. We're all hoping that our admin wakes up and realizes that.

EDIT: In reviewing the previous posts on Drew Dudzik, I don't see anyone "build him up" like he was the second coming. What was said was that he'd be a nice recruit for UD, and then after he committed, it was stated that we didn't go all that hard after him (which, judging by the fact that we didn't even offer him, is a pretty safe thing to say). I NEVER saw a post that said he wasn't good enough for Delaware. All things considered, we'd love his talent on the field for sure. Same situation for McPherson. I will say that Rob, from the start, said that McPherson was a question mark as to why I-As weren't offering him. He was consistent in that thinking even after he committed to JMU (which, I believe, is the post you're referencing when you say posters on GH.net thought he "wasn't good enough"). These circumstances do, however, make me think that our coaches have something up their sleeves that none of us know anything about.

JMU and UD are going to have a lot of recruiting battles in coming years, and we can't both win 'em all. If GoHens.net makes you laugh so much, just stop reading. Better yet, post your thoughts on there and get ripped accordingly ;)

no had feelings.....I have the utmost respect for UD. I DO get offended when UD posters look down at JMU. To be honest, JMU and UD are very similiar. Excellent academics, good facilities, etc.......

however, some UD fanatics need to realize that JMU is closing on UD FAST. JMU and UD will be linked for a very long time.....and those fellas need to drop the superiority complex

mainejeff
January 8th, 2006, 05:18 AM
So who are the Blue Hens recruiting at QB? Any Hen fans daring enough to go on record? ;)

Jaxhen
January 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Delaware has had an excellent recruiting class so far which fills some big needs. Although I'm disappointed about not landing a QB yet, the recruiting period is not over yet and there are a number of good prospects still on the board. JMU is a good program and appears to be having a good recruiting year as well, but I would hardly say they are out recruiting Delaware.

Tribe4SF
January 8th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Gee, high school QBs reluctant to sign with Delaware? :eek: Imagine that!

And Flacco will make how many consecutive years of transfers for UD?

OK, boys, rip me up now!!! :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

mainejeff
January 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I want names!

ChickenMan
January 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM
QB transfer or HS recruit matters little to me as long as the position remains productive. As for next year... I really like UD's QB situation... as the fact is... UD nor any other I-AA school would not have gotten a sniff from a player of Joe Flacco's caliber coming out of high school and I'm very happy to have him at UD for the next two years. Sorry to disappoint the UD detractors... but the Hen's QB position will be just fine next year and for years to come... ;)

ChickenMan
January 8th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Same exact thing with Dudzik.....simply because UD was not a finalist, they must not have offered....lordy, imagine UD actually losing a recruit to JMU

Sorry... but as I understand the facts... McPherson was offered... Dudzik was NOT.

bluehenbillk
January 10th, 2006, 09:19 AM
MJ, according to our other site & Hens fans more in the know than myself on recruiting, Sean Scanlon from Camden, NJ is a QB the Hens are pursuing.

GannonFan
January 10th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Things have been mum on the QB front - Scanlon is the latest name. Only McPherson was offered, and that was back in the summer of '05. Dudzik wasn't offered and from the Wash Post write-up it doesn't appear UD was much involved. Gotta take some of the recruiting stuff on the boards like the gohens with a grain of salt - some things are rumors, some are based off of a kid listing all the schools that have ever sent him a letter, and then very few are based on actual insider knowledge. And even more so, you gotta take even the ratings of these kids with a grain of salt. We have a 3-star recruit who can't find the playing field while a no star recruit (Omar Cuff) will probably see 3 years of inclusion on the Payton watch list.

Heck, if you just look at recruiting classes, hasn't UT-Chattanooga been the winner hands down for the past few years in the SoCon in terms of quality of recruiting class? Let me know when that talent starts delivering for the Mocs. :nod:

Tribe4SF
January 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I couldn't find anything on GoHens about Scanlon (at least in the Hatchery). I also don't find UD listed for him on any of the recruiting sites. Have the D-IA schools backed off him?

GannonFan
January 10th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I couldn't find anything on GoHens about Scanlon (at least in the Hatchery). I also don't find UD listed for him on any of the recruiting sites. Have the D-IA schools backed off him?

Everything on him is very recent and is on an isolated comment about a QB from Camden - as I said, recruiting information, especially at the IAA level, is not an exact science. Some guys we won't know about until they pop up out of nowhere on LOI day. Check the Signing Day thread (I believe) and there is speculative talk about Scanlon.