PDA

View Full Version : Alabama QB to Georgia St? Or Not?

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Georgia State may be the next home for Alabama quarterback Star Jackson. Oh wait, will Nick Saban allow him to transfer, if that school is Georgia State? Will the Panthers not be able to land the Crimson Tide signal caller because they are on the schedule?

May as well let him transfer! It's not like it's another SEC opponent or even a top-tier FCS program (at least, not this year) that could really threaten...

Jackson’s Lake Worth (Fla.) High School coach, Errick Lowe, said Thursday he doesn’t know that Alabama’s placed any conditions on Jackson’s transfer, but added, ``I’m not sure he’s gotten his release yet.’’

When that release comes, everyone will want to know if it comes with an asterisk or three.

Lowe said Jackson’s interested in Georgia State as a possible destination. Will Alabama allow the quarterback to transfer to a school it’ll play this fall?

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/05/scarbinsky_will_alabama_make_s.html

Hammer22
May 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hopefully the signs will keep pointing toward GSU. He'd really be a upgrade to the program and what we are trying to do.

busybee14
May 29th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hopefully the signs will keep pointing toward GSU. He'd really be a upgrade to the program and what we are trying to do.

Heard that grades may be an issue.

Hammer22
May 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I hear that too. But, hopefully he'll get his act together b/c he'll be automatically in the spotlight here and the team will be counting on him. From what I've been hearing, his previous academic troubles shouldn't keep him from arriving at GSU. It's just a matter of whether or Curry and crew will be able to bring him in.

My fingers are crossed, but expectations are low b/c gsu athletics has been burned b/f.

busybee14
May 30th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Star has some of the best footwork I have seen on a QB. Always up on his toes. Curry could really work with him
GSU would be a great fit for Star. The Hotlanta night life maybe not so much,lol.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2010, 05:01 PM
The verdict is in...see the other thread.

http://anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=69560&highlight=Star+Jackson