PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Bowl...?

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2010, 05:04 PM
Someone posted on TSPN asking if there was any new about the Heritage Bowl, whether game would happen in '10?

Is it too late for the HB to secure the MEAC champion? When does the NCAA certify the leagues and their automatic bids? Would think that would happen on the universal June 30/July 1 date that all things like that seem to happen...???

WestCoastAggie
May 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
as of now it's not happening. But you really never know with the Potted Plant as the MEAC commish.

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2010, 08:01 PM
as of now it's not happening. But you really never know with the Potted Plant as the MEAC commish.

What is the earliest (in terms of year) that it could conceivably happen?

mikebigg
May 22nd, 2010, 07:44 AM
You planning on attending? I've noticed the strong interest you have in the possible return. Thanks for keeping the word of it out there.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
You planning on attending? I've noticed the strong interest you have in the possible return. Thanks for keeping the word of it out there.

I am more interested in it's impact on the playoff and conference structure that exists, most notably how it changes the dynamic of the MEAC. Several MEAC schools have been outspoken about not participating and then you have the issue, if the #1 MEAC team is required to go - that changes the playoffs.

Would the SWAC fans want to see their top dog compete against the #2 or #3 MEAC team? Could the SWAC hold its own against said team, based on how much the MEAC has risen as of late and the SWAC has fallen? Questions to ask..

mikebigg
May 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
We will know when it happens...

How will the SLC members looking at going FBS affect the playoffs?

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
We will know when it happens...

How will the SLC members looking at going FBS affect the playoffs?

The SLC needs to retain six members (am I correct?) to maintain the playoff bid. UTSA is really a non-factor since they are not one of the eight teams in the league presently. The SLC football membership grows to nine when Lamar comes in for 2011.

We'd need a few schools to leave for FBS around the same time for it to impact the playoff parameters required for an AQ. I have a hard time believing they'll be a mass exit.

In fact, I think there's just as many SLC schools that could leave for FBS as there are SWAC schools (due to budget reasons) that could be leaving for parts unknown... xwhistlex