Wildcat80
May 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Anyone else experiencing this in 2010? :D

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2010-11/releases/2010051943iim8

Philliesfan980
May 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Anyone else experiencing this in 2010? :D

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2010-11/releases/2010051943iim8

Not as a "home" game, but Nova is playing Temple at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia (where the Eagles play). Last year I would say it was 60/40 Temple/Nova fans.

Redbird Ray
May 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Cool stuff. Hopefully both fanbases turn out in big numbers. I would love it if ISU could get a game against NIU or WMU at Soldier Field.

GAD
May 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
The Citrus Bowl isn't an NFL stadium but Southern plays Delaware State there, and of course Grambling in the Super Dome

UNHFan99
May 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I cant wait for this. I think the turnout will be huge. Pretty much everyone I know that has ties to either the school or the program says they are going to this.

WestCoastAggie
May 19th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Nice to see schools following in the footsteps of HBCU's playing in Classic Type games.

R3TRO
May 19th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Very exciting... I'm going to try and make at least one of these games.

UNH Fanboi
May 19th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Scarano and Huddleston use this opportunity to woe some rich alum in the luxury boxes and get them to write checks for a nice stadium of our own...

DaBigBlue
May 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Georgia St will be playing all their home games in the Georgia Dome, home of the Atlanta Falcons. When ODU plays down there next year I'm going.

TheBisonator
May 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Bison played the Gophers in the Metrodome in 2006 and 2007.

Wildcat80
May 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Bison played the Gophers in the Metrodome in 2006 and 2007.

UNH gets to play in new Minnesota stadium in 2012. :D

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Talk about how this is a bad idea, mention of a potential UMass move to the Big East...

Shouldn't someone have told UMass to take a number? Now while this isn't treachery at the level of a UConn swooping in and playing the first-ever college game at Gillette, this still got my attention. There's something to be said for an in-state FCS team coming in and scheduling a game at an NFL stadium before the in-state FBS team gets a game there.

Could this be a signal that UMass is thinking about getting serious about college football, positioning themselves to make the jump to I-A? I've been told Big East football might be in the market for a football program or two in a few years. Could UMass be thinking about pulling a UConn?

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/5/19/1478774/no-one-will-watch-but-that-still

UNH Fanboi
May 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Talk about how this is a bad idea, mention of a potential UMass move to the Big East...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/5/19/1478774/no-one-will-watch-but-that-still

What an ass:

Division I-AA football at Gillette Stadium ... wooo! Really gets the blood pumping, doesn't it?

Shouldn't someone have told UMass to take a number? Now while this isn't treachery at the level of a UConn swooping in and playing the first-ever college game at Gillette, this still got my attention. There's something to be said for an in-state FCS team coming in and scheduling a game at an NFL stadium before the in-state FBS team gets a game there.

He takes a shot at FCS and makes a big deal about an FCS team playing at Gillette before BC. Gillette is 8 years old, BC had plenty of time to schedule a game there if they had wanted to.

Anyway, there's no evidence for this having anything do with UMass moving up to FBS. Just baseless speculation.

NHwildEcat
May 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
I hate Boston College...they think their s*** doesn't stink and that they are the equals of Harvard. But in all actuality they are just an over rated bible speak school.

Boston U. is a much better educational choice!

Jackman
May 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
The game was originally set up by UNH and the Patriots organization. UMass was not involved initially (its UNH's home game) and was not looking to test its FBS marketability. I think the second game was added more as a way to make it easier for both universities to work together to sell the game. If it was just UNH's deal, there would be little incentive for UMass to promote the game and fill UNH's pockets with ticket revenue.

URI is much closer to Gillette than either UMass or UNH, but has the problem of being URI. They will be hosting Maine the same day as this game. If they have a noon kickoff, any fans heading home to Maine after the game will be driving directly past Gillette just as UMass and UNH are kicking off at 3:30. Like literally driving past the exit on route 95 just as it starts. They may as well stop by and tell us the score.

Wildcat80
May 24th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Actually not playing BC is a good move. BC helps UNH in many ways which would disappear once UNH would embarrass them with a WIN!!! Go Cats!xlolx

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Allen+Lessels'+UNH+Notebook% 3A+Cross+BC+tilt+off+football+slate&articleId=2dc35a85-0a9f-494d-b27a-b31491974393