PDA

View Full Version : gohens.net suspended

HenZoneNation
May 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
UD's unofficial website has been suspended. I can't say that I blam Hens Rock. There were some of people who clearly are unhappy with their lives and feel the need to personally attack others. It's a shame because for the most part it was a really great site.

bluehenbillk
May 19th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I agree HZN, it sucks that a small faction of posters could bring down a great place to talk UD sports. Hopefully HensRock will bring it back up before the season.

State Line Liquors
May 19th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Can't say I really blame the administrator. It's not something he's doing for money, and he's assuming the liability for sifting through the things that are posted. Definitely some slanderous material being posted on there. If it comes back great, if not then you can't blame the boss for being sick of it.

The conversation is always going to deteriorate in the off season, when there's nothing else to talk about. That recent thread, relaying gossip from 2 or 3 years ago, was truly absurd.

OL FU
May 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
HensRock, always liked the site. You did a great job. Personally, I hope you change your mind. But either way thanks for letting me embarrass myself in the top 25 pick 'em.:D

zymergy
May 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
He should have shut down those accounts that don't know how to act properly. Why take the site away from those of us who are only there to get current information about UD Sports. I don't take part in the threads that always seem to deteriorate to name calling and childish antics.

DFW HOYA
May 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Why not just drop the message board? People would still visit for news and information.

GannonFan
May 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it does suck that the whole site is not reachable now. Maybe if he could separate the message board part and keep a lid on that.

With that said, it is a shame that people can't be civil enough to act like responsible adults - HensRock had plenty of very good reasons to do what he did after such a small group of people just couldn't handle the ability to post on an internet message board.

tribe_pride
May 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Did it get worse since end of Basketball season or something? I know that I'd go there every once in a while and it never seemed to be that bad.

Sucks. That was a great site.

GannonFan
May 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Did it get worse since end of Basketball season or something? I know that I'd go there every once in a while and it never seemed to be that bad.

Sucks. That was a great site.

Yeah, it did. You couldn't have a topic that didn't degenerate into how awful Keeler is and how, to some, the UD program (entire athletic program, not even just football) was irretreivably ruined because of Keeler. Even lacrosse threads (UD's men's lacrosse won the CAA and came within a point of knocking off UNC in the NCAA's) went that direction. Most of it could be attributed to just one poster (a twice-banned poster that was back for his third tour of verbally ripping into everything UD) but there were enough half-empty guys there that eagerly went along with that direction.

Most people there feel that Keeler needs to step it up and do so very quickly, but most didn't feel the need to interject that into every single thread imagineable.

bluehenbillk
May 19th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Having said that, I do regret being the originator of the straw that apparently broke the camel's back. My apologies to HensRock and fellow Blue Hen fans.

Hope you're proud of yourself today, you and UDPA/Bangy.

State Line Liquors
May 19th, 2010, 03:35 PM
It wasn't gossip. 3 strangers don't confront you with a story without a degree of legitimacy involved. I had several PM's thanking me for relating the incident. Having said that, I do regret being the originator of the straw that apparently broke the camel's back. My apologies to HensRock and fellow Blue Hen fans.

I don't really give a rip what you want to call it, gossip, gospel, whatever. Additionally, why would I care whether someone PM'ed you to 'thank you'? What a worthless thing for someone to feel the need to be thankful for!

I truthfully couldn't care less what the miscommunication was between Keeler and the cashier, bagboy, or golf pro at the golf course. It's a lame story based upon something that happened over 2 years ago. xthumbsdownx

People should really check their kotex once in a while if 3rd party stories about somebody getting stiffed on the tip for a grilled cheese sandwich are what gets them angry.

Umass74
May 19th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry to see GoHens.net suspended. I've had a link to it on my UMass Football Blog (http://umass74.blogspot.com/) for years.

There are not many active FCS fan sites. I used to lurk on the GoHens message boards and study the recruiting board. I'll miss it.

GannonFan
May 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM
It wasn't gossip. 3 strangers don't confront you with a story without a degree of legitimacy involved. I had several PM's thanking me for relating the incident. Having said that, I do regret being the originator of the straw that apparently broke the camel's back. My apologies to HensRock and fellow Blue Hen fans.

Echoing the sentiments of the other two Hens posters before me - whether the story was actually true or not, there has to be some level of discretion in terms of starting a thread like that (a thing that could never be verified or refuted and something where the other side of the "incident" could never be ascertained) on a public board where the owners of the board have tried to cultivate a relationship between the posters and the football/sports program, and have been very upfront about the purpose of their site. At some point, you have to have a better idea of what should be posted and what shouldn't be. That was certainly one thing that never should've been posted in the first place.

Feel bad for HR, he put a lot of work into that site.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM
As a longtime observer of the GoHens board, it always baffled me why posters there enjoyed writing so many self-destructive posts.

If gohens.net served as a window into the UD fanbase, UD must have one of the most negative, self-critical fanbases in the country (any level of football).

MR. CHICKEN
May 19th, 2010, 10:10 PM
TRUFF BE TOLD.........UH CLIQUE O' UH HANDFUL O' SO......PECKER-HEADS.....WHO PRETTY MUCH...HI-JACK MOST THREADS.....WHIFF DERE INTER-PERSONAL BABBLE.....WHO DIS.....ALOT UH BLUE-BIRD POSTERS.....WHIFF SERIOUS INTENTIONS........DUH CHICKEN IS UH REGISTERED MEMBERAH......(NOT KNOWN AS MR. CHICKEN)......WHO PRETTY MUCH PLAYS IT STRAIGHT ON DUH BOARD.........AN' HAS GOTTEN DUH COLD SHOULDERAH.....WHEN TRYIN' TA TALK PIGGY......OH....AN' DESE GUYS...KNOW SQWAT.......IN DUH EVEN-UP & SPREAD POOLS....AWK!

ngineer
May 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, it does suck that the whole site is not reachable now. Maybe if he could separate the message board part and keep a lid on that.

With that said, it is a shame that people can't be civil enough to act like responsible adults - HensRock had plenty of very good reasons to do what he did after such a small group of people just couldn't handle the ability to post on an internet message board.

I agree. We've seen the same issues here, in the past. Message Boards are a reflection of our society, and it isn't pretty. I will miss the weekly poll contests. Best to HR as he moves forward.

cougarpines
May 20th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Echoing the sentiments of the other two Hens posters before me - whether the story was actually true or not, there has to be some level of discretion in terms of starting a thread like that (a thing that could never be verified or refuted and something where the other side of the "incident" could never be ascertained) on a public board where the owners of the board have tried to cultivate a relationship between the posters and the football/sports program, and have been very upfront about the purpose of their site. At some point, you have to have a better idea of what should be posted and what shouldn't be. That was certainly one thing that never should've been posted in the first place.

Feel bad for HR, he put a lot of work into that site.

The sad part is, many, including myself, used the site for information and insight not otherwise available in the general media. The UD staff provided interviews not available elsewhere as did certain posters provide insight into recruits, depth charts etc. I quit reacting/trying to reason with the four or five who had blind hatred for KC. Probably were accustomed to being in Tubby's inner circle and were not included in KC's. Yet when they had the opportunities to confront KC at huddles, practice or elsewhere they lost their voice. I guess the reason it was suspended really doesn't matter. Just sad to see it go.

HenZoneNation
May 20th, 2010, 09:16 AM
The sad part is, many, including myself, used the site for information and insight not otherwise available in the general media. The UD staff provided interviews not available elsewhere as did certain posters provide insight into recruits, depth charts etc. I quit reacting/trying to reason with the four or five who had blind hatred for KC. Probably were accustomed to being in Tubby's inner circle and were not included in KC's. Yet when they had the opportunities to confront KC at huddles, practice or elsewhere they lost their voice. I guess the reason it was suspended really doesn't matter. Just sad to see ti go.

I could not agree with you more. I have been on a few sites of other programs and they all have their strengths but the thing I loved the best was having guys on that site who really did their homework, whether it was about recruiting or practices or personal experiences playing, and them sharing what they knew with us. It was awesome. We had former player and coaches who not only gave interviews but posted comments and followed along with the site. Like Cap'n Catz does for UNI fans. It was great. And then you had a bunch of guys who just didn't get it. I can't begin to guess why they did what they did, but they never got it. They were so hell bent on showing the rest of us how "clever" they were and how awful UD was now that they destroyed the site with gossip and slander. They certainly did understand that someone who is truly "clever" or a gifted mind don't have to attack other people or resort to name calling to get their point across. They are able to accomplish using logic and reason and let their opinion speak for themselves.

As far as Henzone goes, I didn't understand the last post but at least he was very knowledgeable about the Hens. He went to practices, he answered questions, he was legit fan. I don't have an issue with him. But some of the others were just horrible. I really do hope it comes back...We really do have a great fan base for the most part and it's a shame if it never comes back.

WestCoastAggie
May 20th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I sincerely hope your internal matter regarding the UD fansite is rectified.
Its sites like GoHens.net and other School Message Boards that help keep fans and alumni connected to the Universities & Athletic Programs.

LacesOut
May 20th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't see any rational for having the entire site shut down. Just suspend the message boards part of the site.

HenZoneNation
May 20th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I don't see any rational for having the entire site shut down. Just suspend the message boards part of the site.

That was kinda the big draw of the site. I agree something is better than nothing. It's just a shame that on a site shared by adults who support the same team that it would even be an issue at all.

SCBluehen
May 20th, 2010, 02:34 PM

I agree.

It is a great source for people trying to buy/sell tickets.

Monarch Nation
May 20th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Or suspend/ban the troublemakers.

I'm sorry to see the site go on hiatus as well. I used to read it often.

Kemo
May 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
All I care is that gohens.net gets back up and running a week or so before the SDSU v. Delaware game, because otherwise I won't have a place to post recipes for preparing chicken.

cougarpines
May 20th, 2010, 07:32 PM
.....As far as Henzone goes, I didn't understand the last post but at least he was very knowledgeable about the Hens. He went to practices, he answered questions, he was legit fan. I don't have an issue with him. But some of the others were just horrible. I really do hope it comes back...We really do have a great fan base for the most part and it's a shame if it never comes back.

I posted yesterday on this site which was my first post since joing in 2007. I quickly deleted the post because of a typical gohens reaction to my apology. I'll try a second time and hopefully will not need to post again in the near future. Thanks for the compliment and I'll share the reason for my negative KC post. First , I fibbed a little in that in hearing the complaints about KC, I spoke with the pro at the CC whom I know and respect. He quickly gave me an earfull about our coach. So, I KNOW the tale was true. I did not mention my relationship with him because I truly felt some of those who know me on gohens would trace the info back to him which I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate. Disappointed and embarassed for our program and for KC's arrogance, even though the actions were in the past, I felt the need to share them with my fellow Hen fans. I had a very difficult time with KC's personality when he first arrived at UD and during his first several years on the job. Recently he seems to have become quite a bit more humble and personable so I was extremely miffed when I heard the story. Bad judgement in sharing...perhaps. Anti KC...not really , just disappointed that his actions were not what is expected by someone in his position. Again my apologies for the end result but as you point out , most posters with any common sense have no REAL issues with me. Let's hope GoHens is back and running in the near future and perhaps everyone a tad more aware of what is expected to maintain a good and informative message board.

You and I traded PM's some time ago and my recolletion is that you wanted to keep it "clean" for the good of the program. I may be wrong in my recollection, but what in the hell does KC's tipping style have to do with football. I play in the neighborhood of 150 rounds at year a very nice private club. I have seen it all but It must be a low class club you go to because no employee of my club, nor I, would ever share that info. with a member or anyone else. You should have gave him $5 to shut him up and talked to the GM because he has no business working there. That type of shared gossip at a private club is totally unacceptable and the Pro belongs at a muni track. You have shared some great information and insight on the GoHens Board which I thank you for but your attitude and slander is over the top. I just hope HensRock sees fit to reinstate the board.

bluehenbillk
May 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Henzone, you're like an alcoholic, you just don't get it, you're in denial, and truthfully, you hit rock bottom dude.

I won't and most rational people won't question that you're a big UD fan, a devoted fan, and honestly you're a pretty knowledgeable football guy. When you would talk about practice observations in the spring or summer pretty much everyone was extremely appreciative.

On the other hand however, and only you really know the reason(s), you always seemed to have bones to pick with KC. I won't even speculate, nor do I really care, what those reasons may be.

That being said you progressively became a guy, whether poster like O'Cer goaded you or not that became increasingly and unnecessarily critical of everything KC. Look, most of the posters on gohens could find faults with KC, some he's got better with and some that are repetitive. But, you came off as obsessive about the whole thing, like you had a bone to pick, or a slight to overcome, whatever.

The crap with the tipping thread was just pure slander. I'm positive that as soon as HOUR saw it, or someone told him about it, whether it was UD affiliated or not, that clinched his decision.

If you want to apologize, fine. Leave it at that, don't bore us with you continually trying to justify it. Heck, you're story varies every time you bring it up, just saying earlier you fibbed about how it happened.

You have a problem. You should either seek help or just go on a long trip and go the way of Koli/HenGrad07 and not post on message boards anymore, regardless of whether gohens comes back in the future or not.

Get yourself some help, and go away.

MR. CHICKEN
May 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
AH'M THINKIN'...KISS DUH KLONDIKE HUDDLES....BYE-BYE.....K.C......WENT OUTTAH HIS WAY.....TA PROVIDE INTERVIEWS.....WHIFF HIM & HIS STAFF.....HE PROVIDED INSIGHT TA DUH BLUEHEN OPERATION........CAIN'T BLAME HIM IFIN' IT'S OVERAH........DUH GUY BROUGHT US DUH '03 BLING........'NOTHERAH NEAR MISS...WHEN WE HIT DUH APPY STATE JUGGERNAUT/MEAC OFFICALS....HE'S GOT FAMILY...IT'S STILL GOSSIP...HOW CAN UH GUY......LEAD DUH BLOOD BANK CHALLENGE......CANVASS DUH CAMPUS...TA GET STUDENTS IN DUH STADIUM.....HOLD CAMPS...MAKE HIMSELF 'VAILABLE........SORRAH........BUT IT'S UH SAD DAY......WHEN OURAH FANS RESORT.....TA DEFAMATION.........xconfusedx.....AWK!

cougarpines
May 21st, 2010, 06:10 AM
AH'M THINKIN'...KISS DUH KLONDIKE HUDDLES....BYE-BYE.....K.C......WENT OUTTAH HIS WAY.....TA PROVIDE INTERVIEWS.....WHIFF HIM & HIS STAFF.....HE PROVIDED INSIGHT TA DUH BLUEHEN OPERATION........CAIN'T BLAME HIM IFIN' IT'S OVERAH........DUH GUY BROUGHT US DUH '03 BLING........'NOTHERAH NEAR MISS...WHEN WE HIT DUH APPY STATE JUGGERNAUT/MEAC OFFICALS....HE'S GOT FAMILY...IT'S STILL GOSSIP...HOW CAN UH GUY......LEAD DUH BLOOD BANK CHALLENGE......CANVASS DUH CAMPUS...TA GET STUDENTS IN DUH STADIUM.....HOLD CAMPS...MAKE HIMSELF 'VAILABLE........SORRAH........BUT IT'S UH SAD DAY......WHEN OURAH FANS RESORT.....TA DEFAMATION.........xconfusedx.....AWK!

Don't understand what entity or who organizes the "Huddles". Does this mean they will be discontinued also.

bluehenbillk
May 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
Cluck U would probably know the answer to that, I think he's a huddle regular.

GreatAppSt
May 21st, 2010, 07:49 AM
Sad to here it. Bring it back for the season HensRock.xthumbsupx

GannonFan
May 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
You and I traded PM's some time ago and my recolletion is that you wanted to keep it "clean" for the good of the program. I may be wrong in my recollection, but what in the hell does KC's tipping style have to do with football. I play in the neighborhood of 150 rounds at year a very nice private club. I have seen it all but It must be a low class club you go to because no employee of my club, nor I, would ever share that info. with a member or anyone else. You should have gave him $5 to shut him up and talked to the GM because he has no business working there. That type of shared gossip at a private club is totally unacceptable and the Pro belongs at a muni track. You have shared some great information and insight on the GoHens Board which I thank you for but your attitude and slander is over the top. I just hope HensRock sees fit to reinstate the board.

Henzone, you're like an alcoholic, you just don't get it, you're in denial, and truthfully, you hit rock bottom dude.

I won't and most rational people won't question that you're a big UD fan, a devoted fan, and honestly you're a pretty knowledgeable football guy. When you would talk about practice observations in the spring or summer pretty much everyone was extremely appreciative.

On the other hand however, and only you really know the reason(s), you always seemed to have bones to pick with KC. I won't even speculate, nor do I really care, what those reasons may be.

That being said you progressively became a guy, whether poster like O'Cer goaded you or not that became increasingly and unnecessarily critical of everything KC. Look, most of the posters on gohens could find faults with KC, some he's got better with and some that are repetitive. But, you came off as obsessive about the whole thing, like you had a bone to pick, or a slight to overcome, whatever.

The crap with the tipping thread was just pure slander. I'm positive that as soon as HOUR saw it, or someone told him about it, whether it was UD affiliated or not, that clinched his decision.

If you want to apologize, fine. Leave it at that, don't bore us with you continually trying to justify it. Heck, you're story varies every time you bring it up, just saying earlier you fibbed about how it happened.

You have a problem. You should either seek help or just go on a long trip and go the way of Koli/HenGrad07 and not post on message boards anymore, regardless of whether gohens comes back in the future or not.

Agree with everyone here. I disagreed with Henzone a lot, but I never for once doubted his fondness for the Blue Hens and the program and his observations from practices were always extremely well appreciated. All the more reason to be pissed that he couldn't see past his issues with KC and couldn't see that posting something like that tipping story and the just outright slander/libel that it was was just an awful decision.

Still, hopefully HR is able to bring the board back in the future and hopefully everyone can be civil and respectful, even when disagreeing. Time will tell.

YoUDeeMan
May 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
I will get back to you guys with the Huddle's schedule. I'm away from home right now so I will post it later this weekend.

The Huddles are not related to GoHens and most of the people at the Huddles are not GoHens members. The Huddles' fans have been respectful even when they have asked tough questions. Keeler and his staff have bent over backwards to make themselves available to the fans...let's hope it continues.

BTW, I didn't bother to post a recap of the last Huddle on GoHens...figured some of the info would have fed the trolls.

GannonFan
May 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM
I will get back to you guys with the Huddle's schedule. I'm away from home right now so I will post it later this weekend.

The Huddles are not related to GoHens and most of the people at the Huddles are not GoHens members. The Huddles' fans have been respectful even when they have asked tough questions. Keeler and his staff have bent over backwards to make themselves available to the fans...let's hope it continues.

BTW, I didn't bother to post a recap of the last Huddle on GoHens...figured some of the info would have fed the trolls.

Good to hear about the Huddles - would've been a shame to have them impacted by the issue with a handful of guys on a message board.

Tubby Raymond
May 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah, it did. You couldn't have a topic that didn't degenerate into how awful Keeler is and how, to some, the UD program (entire athletic program, not even just football) was irretreivably ruined because of Keeler. Even lacrosse threads (UD's men's lacrosse won the CAA and came within a point of knocking off UNC in the NCAA's) went that direction. Most of it could be attributed to just one poster (a twice-banned poster that was back for his third tour of verbally ripping into everything UD) but there were enough half-empty guys there that eagerly went along with that direction.

Most people there feel that Keeler needs to step it up and do so very quickly, but most didn't feel the need to interject that into every single thread imagineable.

To reiterate:

To pin the shutdown of the site on one poster is ridiculous. Lot of posters were behaving badly. It seems that the University has done a poor job in preparing it's grads, if most of the posters are grads, to engage in critical thinking. Rather than support a postion with facts as they would be challenged to do, there would be an attack on the poster, as you have done here. When folks were pressed to back up what they wrote, the thin veneer of thier intellect washed away easily. They'd get mad and respond viscerally. You happen to be one of the more thoughtful posters from the site and at times are able to see both sides of the issues. The vast majority of folks who would be considered by me blind KC supporters couldn't tolerate any dissent from thier postion.

Trying to scapegoat one person for the shutdown of a website is just silly and beneath that fine mind of yours. Some people take you seriously xsmiley_wix

Tubby Raymond
May 22nd, 2010, 09:35 AM

Where did you acquire that fine professional training of being able to assess the mental status of someone based solely on the content of thier posts on a stupid football message board xrolleyesx

Tubby Raymond
May 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hope you're proud of yourself today, you and UDPA/Bangy.
And everyone else on the site behaved like perfect gentlemen. PLLLLLLLLLEEASE

Monarch Nation
May 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
"Suspended" is the wrong word. Apparently "moved" is more accurate.

bluehenbillk
May 22nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Tubby, it's from my vast experience of hanging around guys that like to pound beers. The 1st of the steps is denial, and overcoming that denial is what I was saying HZ needed to do. I'm not going to say seeing the world half-empty for some people is inconsolable, but he let some deep-seeded anger get the best of him.

Or he was on a bender :)

blukeys
May 22nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Well first I want to thank HensRock for taking the time, energy and intiative for putting together a great site. In terms of its variety and depth, gohens.net was one of the best websites in all of FCS football. There was great interaction with fans of other teams who received info on how to get to Newark and enjoy the UD football experience. There was great internal information for those of us who could not make it to practices.

I was an irregular poster but regular reader.

The Problem for anyone who has had to monitor a site, is it gets to be a pain in the rear when certain people regularly cross the line between honest criticism and libel. Anyone is willing to give a critical poster a break when they are responding to the topic and backing their opinion with facts.

This in my view was not the case with certain posters on gohens.net.

I can understand a criticism of a UD head coach. We have actually seen some very astute critiques on this site of KC from both UD fans and opponents' fans.

However, there are several posters who have a Captain Ahab mentality when it comes to KC Keeler (for these guys we might as well rename KC as Moby Dick and label him as the Great White Whale in Sunglasses.)

There are some serious and legitimate concerns about the tenure of Keeler as Head Coach. The record of these Hen teams from 2002 to 2009 has been inconsitent with some spectacular successes and some notable flops. Everyone realizes that UD football has a long time record of excellence and all UD fans want to contiue that excellence.

The Captain Ahabs of gohens.net managed to hijack any thread into a non-stop KC bashing party. KC in my view has to step up big time this year and next. But trashing KC for how well he tipped is just another example of how small and shallow the Captain Ahab's had become.

If one went to the Message Board and saw a thread with 3 or more pages one could bet it had turned into a KC bashing thread with the same posters arguing back and forth.

I believe one could start a thread on Elena DelleDonne having a nice tight butt and someone could turn it into an anti-KC bash.

Thanks HR for your efforts. I hope you change your mind and find another way to continue your site. That being said I don't blame you one bit for your decision. Certain people took advantage of your love of UD football and your tolerant nature.

GannonFan
May 22nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
To reiterate:

To pin the shutdown of the site on one poster is ridiculous. Lot of posters were behaving badly. It seems that the University has done a poor job in preparing it's grads, if most of the posters are grads, to engage in critical thinking. Rather than support a postion with facts as they would be challenged to do, there would be an attack on the poster, as you have done here. When folks were pressed to back up what they wrote, the thin veneer of thier intellect washed away easily. They'd get mad and respond viscerally. You happen to be one of the more thoughtful posters from the site and at times are able to see both sides of the issues. The vast majority of folks who would be considered by me blind KC supporters couldn't tolerate any dissent from thier postion.

Trying to scapegoat one person for the shutdown of a website is just silly and beneath that fine mind of yours. Some people take you seriously xsmiley_wix

Well, in my defense, I didn't pin the board being shut down just because of one person - certainly the final straw was the result of one person, but by definition, the final straw comes after many other straws. I stand by my bolded part above.

And sure, there were plenty of pro-KC guys that didn't like any criticism, but strangely they never really went after guys like me or the majority of other posters that recognized that KC needed to step it up, and soon. There's something to be said about not crossing a line from criticism into just downright libel, slander, and incessent negativism. The site wasn't shut down because of the pro-KC guys, no matter how blindly that small handful of posters were for him. It was shut down because people crossed the line in the public criticism of the coach, program, and school. No getting around that.

agsadmin
May 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
In the last week, we have experienced an additional group of UD fans who have joined AGS. If any of these individuals have problems registering and you know about it, please post on this thread - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=68237

MR. CHICKEN
May 23rd, 2010, 09:44 PM
AHHHHH!.......GOHENS.NET...IS 'LIVE 'N WELL......TUNE IN....IFIN' YER.....PERSONAL PROBS/401K......GOT YA'S DOWN.....xlolx......BRAWK!

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15542

caribbeanhen
May 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM
"Suspended" is the wrong word. Apparently "moved" is more accurate.

xlolx

caribbeanhen
May 30th, 2010, 09:49 AM
hensrock had warned us in the past but a few just couldn't help themselves....HZ was like a wolf lurking in sheep skin... Like many have already said, he would give very much appreciated practice observations and seemed to have some degree of insider info but there was always the deep rooted dis-like for the coach lurking beneath his disguise

got my fingers crossed that gohens comes back up in Mid-August

Rob Iola
May 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Gohens was a great site - here's hoping it comes back in time for the 2010 season, which is shaping up to have a lot of promise. The exclusive interviews with Hens coaches set it apart, even from the beat reporters...

dchen
June 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hensrock-

I would re-open the site as an "experts-only can post" site. You would select the posters based on their knowledge and connection to UD football- guys such as 72 Hen or ralph58. I mainly frequented the board to read good, accurate nuggets of info on the team and games. The pissing matches got to me too. For me, making this a board of posting experts would be great and the rest of us would just be read only.

Uncle Buck
June 12th, 2010, 08:32 AM
That sucks, i loved the top 25 pick'em and the UD pick the score. Hopefully it's back up and he's just taking a break from the BS

RabidRabbit
June 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Gohens was a great site - here's hoping it comes back in time for the 2010 season, which is shaping up to have a lot of promise. The exclusive interviews with Hens coaches set it apart, even from the beat reporters...

I'm sorry to see a strong vibrant University fan site go down due to obnoxious posters. There are good reasons for strong well moderated management. I'm thankful for the strong leadership at both Bisonville and SDSUfans.com/board

Hope to see GoHens back, and preferrably sooner than later.

OL FU
June 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hensrock-

I would re-open the site as an "experts-only can post" site. You would select the posters based on their knowledge and connection to UD football- guys such as 72 Hen or ralph58. I mainly frequented the board to read good, accurate nuggets of info on the team and games. The pissing matches got to me too. For me, making this a board of posting experts would be great and the rest of us would just be read only.

xeyebrowx I wouldn't be able to post silly stuff:o

Henzone
June 12th, 2010, 12:33 PM
hensrock had warned us in the past but a few just couldn't help themselves....HZ was like a wolf lurking in sheep skin... Like many have already said, he would give very much appreciated practice observations and seemed to have some degree of insider info but there was always the deep rooted dis-like for the coach lurking beneath his disguise

got my fingers crossed that gohens comes back up in Mid-August

I was always transparent in my initial dislike of our coach. I tried very hard to like the guy as any time I spent with him one on one or at a gathering was always very positive and he is OUR coach. However, since the golf club garbage I spilled I've been beseiged with many more coach stories reaking of his incompentence on the field and arrogance off. My inside information you refer to came from coaches and administrators who literally are on the inside at UD so I felt confident on passing it along to everyone. Say what you want about those of us who have been disappointed in Keeler but this wolf has shown his teeth since day one. I still love the Hens and regret posting info unrelated to football but I was never in disguise for one day Mr Carribbean Hen and I will continue to root for KC and his squad in 2010 regardless of my personal coaching concerns .

caribbeanhen
June 13th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Say what you want about those of us who have been disappointed in Keeler but this wolf has shown his teeth since day one. I still love the Hens and regret posting info unrelated to football but I was never in disguise for one day Mr Carribbean Hen and I will continue to root for KC and his squad in 2010 regardless of my personal coaching concerns .

Well HZ, Your probably right about showing your teeth... Despite your efforts to conceal your dislike one didnt have to dig very deep to find KC's carcas buried in your posts, I don't know if we've seen the last of gohens but hopefully you'll get to post some of your practice observations again...xpeacex

GannonFan
June 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I was always transparent in my initial dislike of our coach. I tried very hard to like the guy as any time I spent with him one on one or at a gathering was always very positive and he is OUR coach. However, since the golf club garbage I spilled I've been beseiged with many more coach stories reaking of his incompentence on the field and arrogance off. My inside information you refer to came from coaches and administrators who literally are on the inside at UD so I felt confident on passing it along to everyone. Say what you want about those of us who have been disappointed in Keeler but this wolf has shown his teeth since day one. I still love the Hens and regret posting info unrelated to football but I was never in disguise for one day Mr Carribbean Hen and I will continue to root for KC and his squad in 2010 regardless of my personal coaching concerns .

I like you HZ, but geez, you're like an alcoholic who just can't say no to one more drink. Yet again, you express "regret" about posting non-football info, all at the same time saying how your original diatribe about his tipping habits at a golf not only were true, but now you have a bevy of more examples as well. Does your left hand have any idea what your right hand is doing? Do you wake up from periods of blackouts without any knowledge of what happened? Do they coincide with while you are making a post? xlolx

cougarpines
June 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
That's on a good day

GaijinBluehen
June 26th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Nooooooooooooo!!! After a few months of loony travel and work over here I am heading back to DE for some holiday and thought I would catch up with the Blue Hen recruiting News and also with my "Unofficial Other (real) Football" thread now the World Cup has started (and England and the US are both still alive; now all you Eagle fans say "Thank you Mr Green for failing to do what any pee wee keeper can do with his eyes shut!!!). But I digress. What the heck happened? I was as critical of Keeper as anyone but how did it get so bad as to shut the site down?

xconfusedxxbawlingx