View Full Version : Top FBS Transfers

smallcollegefbfan
May 14th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I will throw out a few names and I am sure there are some legit guys missing so who would you add? To me a top transfer is first someone who has shown he can play at the FBS level on the field such as a guy like Pat Devlin and then after that group of players who have played at that level would be your 5 and 4 star guys who did not see the field yet but are suppose to be good. Who would you add?

QB Aaron Corp, Richmond (Southern California)
QB Mike Paulus, William & Mary (North Carolina)
RB Mark Rodgers, Cal Poly (West Virginia)
LB Chris Donald, Tennessee Chattanooga (Tennessee)

DFW HOYA
May 14th, 2010, 01:46 PM
QB Bo Levi Mitchell, Eastern Washington (SMU)

GaSouthern
May 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM
QB Jaybo Shaw from Georgia Tech to GSU

DG Cowboy
May 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know if he is good, and I don't know for certain if he is coming to Lake Charles, but Jacob Bower of Tulsa 2009 visited McNeese. He would have one year on a grad student waiver wherever he goes in the FCS.

jmufan999
May 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
there is a LB named Jake Johnson (i think that's the name but am too lazy to look it up) who is transferring from Virginia Tech. he's transferring because he was being asked to change from MLB to DE and he would have been buried on the depth chart. i don't know anything about him but from what i hear he's an absolute beast.

he is considering JMU and Richmond.

SaintDK10
May 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
This year for GSU, these would be the top three:

Bailey Woods (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bailey-Woods-44425) - TE (Auburn)
Joseph Gilbert (http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=2494684) - OL (Georgia Tech)
Clyde Yandell (http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=2263470) - OL (Georgia Tech)

Brad82
May 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Chris Paul-Etienne URI QB from Rutgers is good player on bad team

TulsaBobcat
May 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know if he is good, and I don't know for certain if he is coming to Lake Charles, but Jacob Bower of Tulsa 2009 visited McNeese. He would have one year on a grad student waiver wherever he goes in the FCS.

Don't take this to the bank as a sure thing, but Bower is a friend of a friend and "the word on the street" says he is going to McNeese. The guy is a beast; he is very big and strong (6'3"-6'4", 240 lbs.).

Bower really got jobbed at Tulsa. He was behind G.J. Kinne, a University of Texas transfer and the son of Todd Graham's good friend, who, in my opinion, isn't as talented as Bower. I hope Bower works hard and does well at McNeese.

JackFan
May 15th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Khalil Paden should be one to look out for during the upcoming season. Paden is a transfer from San Jose St. and after seeing him during a few practices and the spring game the kid is a good one. His main reason for leaving San Jose St. was because a change in coaching and he said he liked the wide open offense played here at NAU. With one of the best FCS QBs (Herrick) throwing him the ball I look for Paden to be a house hold name among FCS WRS. here is a good article on Khalil Paden http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fball/2009-10/releases/5.12.10paden

tribefan40
May 16th, 2010, 09:35 PM
QB Aaron Corp, Richmond (Southern California)
QB Mike Paulus, William & Mary (North Carolina)
RB Mark Rodgers, Cal Poly (West Virginia)

I'd say both of those QBs have a lot to prove, looks like Paulus will be #2 on the depth chart when the season starts.

Skjellyfetti
May 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Wow, I must have missed this whenever it happened.

I think he is going to be scary good.....

Houndawg
May 17th, 2010, 05:00 AM
RB Shariff Harris to SIU from Pitt. Dude is a physical specimen.

DG Cowboy
May 17th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Don't take this to the bank as a sure thing, but Bower is a friend of a friend and "the word on the street" says he is going to McNeese. The guy is a beast; he is very big and strong (6'3"-6'4", 240 lbs.).

Bower really got jobbed at Tulsa. He was behind G.J. Kinne, a University of Texas transfer and the son of Todd Graham's good friend, who, in my opinion, isn't as talented as Bower. I hope Bower works hard and does well at McNeese.

Thanks for the info. We could use some experience this year to give the new guys some development time.

UCABEARS75
May 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
So far we have a TE from Tennessee who came at semester and just last week a well thought of QB from U. of Arkansas named Jim Youngblood (stuck behind Mallett at UofA).

Redbirdz
May 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Jacksonville State always get some. This year's group includes:
Thomas Darrah, QB, Alabama
James Esco, Kicker, Florida State
Kyle Coolihan, DL, Auburn
In addition six good junior college players and Mike Whittier from North Dakota State.

SaintDK10
May 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Redbirdz, GSU vs. JSU is going to be compelling matchup this year as JSU should be familiar with some of GSU's offensive linemen that transferred from GA Tech (Joseph Gilbert and Clyde Yandell) since you guys played Tech two years in a row.

Head Cat
May 17th, 2010, 05:34 PM
So far we have a TE from Tennessee who came at semester and just last week a well thought of QB from U. of Arkansas named Jim Youngblood (stuck behind Mallett at UofA).
Is Youngblood related to the Jim Youngblood who was an outstanding defensive player with the Los Angeles Rams in the 1970s and 80s?

Thundar
May 17th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Jacksonville State always get some. This year's group includes:
Thomas Darrah, QB, Alabama
James Esco, Kicker, Florida State
Kyle Coolihan, DL, Auburn
In addition six good junior college players and Mike Whittier from North Dakota State.

I think you mean South Dakota State;)

DaBigBlue
May 17th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Old Dominion's best FBS transfer is Baby D. He'll provide much needed help to the d-line and has 4 years left.

Dominik Davenport - Defensive Tackle - 6-1 - 264 - Hampton, Va./Phoebus/West Virginia
Redshirted his freshman year with the Mountaineers...Two-time Daily Press Eastern Region (757) Defensive Player of the Year...Two-time AP Group AAA First Team All-State honoree...4-Star, Pos Rank #21 by Scout...as a Jr he was rated #4 in Va by Roanoke Times...there's a good chance we are getting the #3.

SaintDK10
May 18th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Looks like GSU might be getting their biggest FBS transfer yet. TideSports.com is reporting Alabama's back-up QB, Star Jackson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Star-Jackson-60194), is looking to transfer to GSU. If this were to happen, it would without a doubt be the biggest recruiting coup Curry and staff have pulled off yet as Jackson was Rivals.com No. 5 QB in the country, No. 27 prospect out of Florida and No. 132 overall prospect in the nation in 2008.

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100518/NEWS/100519471/1011?Title=Jackson-exploring-transfer-options

UCABEARS75
May 19th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Is Youngblood related to the Jim Youngblood who was an outstanding defensive player with the Los Angeles Rams in the 1970s and 80s?

I don't think so. He was a pretty high-profile recruit coming out of high school and I never heard that referenced.

Daved
May 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM
there is a LB named Jake Johnson (i think that's the name but am too lazy to look it up) who is transferring from Virginia Tech. he's transferring because he was being asked to change from MLB to DE and he would have been buried on the depth chart. i don't know anything about him but from what i hear he's an absolute beast.

he is considering JMU and Richmond.

Supposedly will be a YSU Penguin!

DaBigBlue
May 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like Youngstown is the winner.
http://www.letsgoguins.com/columns/football/185-breaking-virginia-tech-lb-johnson-transferring-to-ysu

Jacked_Rabbit
May 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I think you mean South Dakota State;)

Whittier looks the part and seems like an athletic enough kid, but man, he's just not an FCS level quarterback...

Redbirdz
May 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
I think Whittier will be played in another position. JSU has three or four quality qbs including a transfer from Alabama.