PDA

View Full Version : Top FCS Defensive Linemen

smallcollegefbfan
May 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Here are a few names at end and tackle to keep an eye on. There is no question that Anthony is the best DE by far in a group that was depleted by graduation. DT is a strong group led by 3 studs and potentially 5 draft picks over the next two years.

DE
Christian Anthony, Grambling State, Sr.
Christian Clark, Sacramento State, Sr.
Mude Ohimor, Holy Cross, Sr.
John Michael Clay, Samford, Sr.
Quinton Spears, Prairie View A&M, Sr.
Markell Carter, Central Arkansas, Sr.
Malcolm Taylor, Alcorn State, Sr.
Jabari Fletcher, Appalachian State, Sr.
Isaac Bond, Northern Arizona, Jr.

DT
Martin Parker, Richmond, Sr.
Kendrick Ellis, Hampton, Sr.
Kenneth Charles, Stephen F. Austin, Sr.
Andrew Soucy, Eastern Kentucky, Sr.
Ronnell Brown, James Madison, Sr.
Renard Williams, Eastern Washington, Jr.
Desmund Lighten, McNeese State, Jr.
Brent Russell, Georgia Southern, Soph.

Wildcat80
May 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
DT Steve Young New Hampshire
DE Brian McNally New Hampshire

art vandelay
May 15th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I am seeing a general dislike for UNH in these poles. after 6 seasons of nothing but success still no one on the team is look on as one of the best in their position?

Wildcat80
May 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Beauty/talent is in the eye of the beholders! UNH fans recognize our talent every time we beat an FBS team, or win the CAA North, or advance in the FCS playoffs. 3 seniors were signed by the NFL as free agents too. Not bad. xsmileyclapx

Ronbo
May 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
At Montana 6'2" 315 lb Tonio Celotto. Could end up being the best in FCS.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/60/600799.jpg

slostang
May 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
At Montana 6'2" 315 lb Tonio Celotto. Could end up being the best in FCS.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/60/600799.jpg

That is IF he ends up at Montana. From what I hear, that could be a big IF.

AppAlum2003
May 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM
A little surprised to see Jabari Fletcher on the list, but glad.

SCFBF, any murmur about the incoming JUCO transfer D-linemen ASU signed for this year?

smallcollegefbfan
May 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
A little surprised to see Jabari Fletcher on the list, but glad.

SCFBF, any murmur about the incoming JUCO transfer D-linemen ASU signed for this year?

Everyone says they are suppose to be good but you know how that is. Guess we will have to see how good they are when they step on the field. I did hear some good things about some of the incoming offensive linemen that the coaches expect 2 of them to contribute this year.

CrazyCat
May 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Dan Ogden

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7KWZFnnLK5k/S-86ZFFjEKI/AAAAAAAAFjo/IAgobD1Y4OE/b64ddf0a-d1b5-11de-acff-001cc4c002e0_preview-300.jpg

Zach Minter
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7KWZFnnLK5k/S-86QsqmT7I/AAAAAAAAFjk/aNd_93exJKA/5d0feb66-4dc7-11df-a07e-001cc4c03286_image.jpg

slostang
May 15th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Keep an eye on Cal Poly's DE Gavin Cooper this year. Before Ellerson left for Army he told me that Cooper had the tools to be as good or better than Chris Gocong. Gavin played his true freshman year in '07 and sophomore year in '08, but sat out last year with a shoulder injury. He was back this spring and they are expecting big things from him.

mikebigg
May 15th, 2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/2010/02/early-buck-buchanan-favorites/

I wish some of you guys could get a chance to see Chris Anthony "live". That young man has an incredible work ethic and it shows in his "body" and his "body of work".

I recall seeing him as a first year player in 2007 versus ULM (UL Monroe) as a 234 pounder. He made plays throughout the game, but it was clear that he needed to get bigger and stronger. He came back in 2008 and was 1st Team All-Conference and made some All-American teams...in 2009 he had a monster season. Decided to return for a final season and from all accounts had a Super Spring. I'm impressed with his work ethic...but Coach Broadway has a lot to do with that. He gives Chris his props, but stays on him in the media and during practice to continue to work.

Ronbo
May 16th, 2010, 08:38 AM
xlolx
That is IF he ends up at Montana. From what I hear, that could be a big IF.

Well that was a rumor started by one poster that he might go to Humbolt state. HaHaxlolxxlolx Why would he do that? A guy at eGriz that knows the Coach at Humbolt State says that's not true. Also another eGriz poster that knows Griz players posted that he is coming this summer. Hope you have an O-Lineman to stop this guy or he'll be in the backfield all day long against you.xsmiley_wix

CrazyCat
May 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Just wondering why he wasn't there for spring ball, he has been out of football since march of 2009.

slostang
May 16th, 2010, 11:37 AM
xlolx

Well that was a rumor started by one poster that he might go to Humbolt state. HaHaxlolxxlolx Why would he do that? A guy at eGriz that knows the Coach at Humbolt State says that's not true. Also another eGriz poster that knows Griz players posted that he is coming this summer. Hope you have an O-Lineman to stop this guy or he'll be in the backfield all day long against you.xsmiley_wix

Grades could be one reason. Family in California could be another reason. Who knows. Some have questioned his desire to play football. Why would a kid leave a Pac-10 school when he is playing? Ask Nevada how he worked out for them. That is where he had said he would play when he left UO. Who knows where he ends up and even if he is in school in 2010.

Ronbo
May 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Grades could be one reason. Family in California could be another reason. Who knows. Some have questioned his desire to play football. Why would a kid leave a Pac-10 school when he is playing? Ask Nevada how he worked out for them. That is where he had said he would play when he left UO. Who knows where he ends up and even if he is in school in 2010.

I've never read a word about his desire to play or grades except from messgae board posters. The official media reports were that his Mother was terminally ill and he left Oregon to be with her during her fight. It's EVIL to insert any other reasons than that into his situation.

slostang
May 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I've never read a word about his desire to play or grades except from messgae board posters. The official media reports were that his Mother was terminally ill and he left Oregon to be with her during her fight. It's EVIL to insert any other reasons than that into his situation.

I did not say it was grades or anything else. I said who really knows. I was just having some fun with you Ronbo. I do wish the best for him and if that is Montana, then I hope it works out well for him. Just not on Sept. 11th. xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
May 17th, 2010, 05:06 AM
DE Kyle Russo (7 sacks in '09), and sophmore NT Kayon Swanson are names you should hear this year. Swanson has exceptional quickness and the 1st team o line had a hell of a time blocking him in the spring game.

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 18th, 2010, 12:57 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/2010/02/early-buck-buchanan-favorites/

I wish some of you guys could get a chance to see Chris Anthony "live". That young man has an incredible work ethic and it shows in his "body" and his "body of work".

I recall seeing him as a first year player in 2007 versus ULM (UL Monroe) as a 234 pounder. He made plays throughout the game, but it was clear that he needed to get bigger and stronger. He came back in 2008 and was 1st Team All-Conference and made some All-American teams...in 2009 he had a monster season. Decided to return for a final season and from all accounts had a Super Spring. I'm impressed with his work ethic...but Coach Broadway has a lot to do with that. He gives Chris his props, but stays on him in the media and during practice to continue to work.

Bigg post that video from the Northwestern State game lol. Never mind I found it.

http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/zAH44/hash/1uvvxs1m.swf?v=523394037980&ev=0

seantaylor
May 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Brent Russell is going to absolutely dominate now that we have a non retard coaching our D.