PDA

View Full Version : Where do you look for your league's results/standings?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 10th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Simple question: When you want to know the standings or results of your team, where do you see that information primarily? I'll list as many possibilities as I can.

jmufan999
May 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM
ESPN pretty much every time. that's where i was doing my CAA vs. Montana research last week. very helpful and user-friendly site and goes back many years.

UAalum72
May 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Actually on gameday i'd check yahoo or CBS sportsline for almost-up-to-the-minute results, but the rest of the week it's the league website for standings and box scores.

TexasTerror
May 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I personally go to Yahoo, just because it is easy to click on the team and see their schedule/results.

Really helps with doing polls, coming up with my playoff prognostications, etc.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Interesting breakdown so far. Most go get their information from ESPN or Yahoo, it seems.

Bogus Megapardus
May 10th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Typically to the PL website but they've been horribly slow in updating information. CBS Sports is usually up to the minute but you have to wade trough a bunch of garbage to get to FCS information. Yahoo barely recognizes the existence of the PL and randomly confuses Lafayette College with Louisiana-Lafayette.

Wildcat80
May 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I personally go to Yahoo, just because it is easy to click on the team and see their schedule/results.

Really helps with doing polls, coming up with my playoff prognostications, etc.

I find Yahoo to be the best too. ps-gotta get past front page quick--its too liberal for me.

Saint3333
May 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Sportsnetwork for the standings and polls. For historical data I use:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa_conf_index.php

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2010, 09:10 AM
So far, most people are getting their information online from a national source. Nobody uses the website of their local paper, either. And only a couple get it from the newspaper itself.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 13th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Now that this has been running a while: very interesting how the newspaper is pretty much the last source for schedule/standings information these days. It's basically a national source, the conference/school themselves, or nobody.

JALMOND
May 14th, 2010, 12:36 AM
So far, most people are getting their information online from a national source. Nobody uses the website of their local paper, either. And only a couple get it from the newspaper itself.

In Portland, the Oregonian is an excellent source for results and scores regarding the Pac-10, allowing 3-4 pages of coverage. Anything outside of the Pac-10 gets 1/2 to a full page of coverage total (including the Portland State game).

I usually keep track of it myself, doublechecking Sportsnetwork from time to time.