PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Spring Game

Wildcat80
May 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yes the schedule is tough but the 2010 Wildcats have reloaded and have playmakers & depth at almost every position. Time to move on!xnodxxnodxxnodx

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2010/05/wildcats_show_1-2_punch_at_qua.html

Wildcat80
May 10th, 2010, 03:01 AM
All CAA DB Vasso leads a talented UNH defense in 2010. During the spring game the Wildcat defense really turned up the QB pressure. Hope to see it continue this fall.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100507-SPORTS-5070412

crusader11
May 10th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Decker should, and will start. McDonell, please make the move you have wanted to make since the midpoint of last season.

NHwildEcat
May 10th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I think Toman will be the starter...the fact he was named captain certainly benefits his chances.

UNH72Plus
May 10th, 2010, 08:59 AM
The Concord Monitor said that several key offensive linemen didn't suit up for the game, and I don't believe Chris Jeannot (TE) or Sean Jellison (RB) played either. Throw in the less than ideal weather conditions (upper 40s with off and on rain) and it all bodes well for another good season.

The paper also mentioned a transfer QB from Georgetown. Anybody no anything about him?

Wildcat80
May 10th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Brady from Georgetown got alot of work in spring game. Still not sure if he is eligible to play this fall. Incoming QB Park from Pittsburgh might be 3rd option.

Wildcat80
May 10th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Another post-spring game article.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Good+signs+for+UNH&articleId=2250b19c-150e-492f-8803-c8308aab8fc5

UNHFootballAlum
May 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
The Concord Monitor said that several key offensive linemen didn't suit up for the game, and I don't believe Chris Jeannot (TE) or Sean Jellison (RB) played either. Throw in the less than ideal weather conditions (upper 40s with off and on rain) and it all bodes well for another good season.

The paper also mentioned a transfer QB from Georgetown. Anybody no anything about him?

Very highly recruited by UNH a couple of years ago.. he is supposed to be a reaaly good player. Only time will tell

crusader11
May 13th, 2010, 03:51 PM
A direct quote from wsbe on the UNH Football message board:

"Kevin Decker...Oh my...let me preface this with the fact that I have thought Decker was spectacular from the first game he came in for Toman. I have nothing against Toman...in fact, he's a winner & a very good QB. But once again, Decker looked like a player who could win a championship. I will go as far as saying, he is one of the best I've seen in the league for many years...albeit limited sample size. You can just see it...take all emotion and history out of the equation & just watch this kid. He is a game breaker! This is what I saw in a football microcosm Saturday: the defense was dominant..neither offense was clicking....I said to myself, OK who is going to come out & change the game with an individual effort. Sure enough, Decker answered the bell...he reminds me of Santos in a way that it does not matter the situation, he plays & exudes confidence, he is incredibly accurate, & he moves well. He had the 3 TDs but he was also about a inch from a 4th when a long bomb went off the fingertips of one of the WR (Mangieri I think). He threw 20-30 yard passes with precision....he dropped a ball into Fox over 2 defenders in a small pocket...on his 2nd score, he made a move that was the most impressive...He had a 3 step drop...looking strong side, pressure coming, whether it was intentional or not he step fakes to his #1 or #2 target, only to take a half step back, turns to his right & hits his 3rd option wide open in the flat "like he had eyes in the back of his head"...it was a great, but subtle move & an example of his football sense... another thing I loved was his command in the redzone. He used every inch of the endzone - firing one ball to Fox in the back of the endzone that could not be defended. The good ones use the endzone to their advantage. We've seen his feet in game activity & I think there was consensus agreement that he was remarkably mobile & good with his feet...hard to tell that on Saturday with the red vest. All due respect to Toman, I think there is a new starting QB in Durham & I would be ecstatic for him to get the shot."

I'd pretty much say that sums it up nicely. Really hope coach McD realizes what is right in front of his eyes.

UNHFootballAlum
May 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
You are starting your campaign for Decker earlier this year. Coac Mac has already said that it is a close race between Decker and Toman and he will not name his starter until the end of Fall camp.

R3TRO
May 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I like the fact that I feel comfortable with either one starting... I would like to see Decker get the start because it would only make Toman work harder.

Wildcat80
May 13th, 2010, 10:08 PM
You are starting your campaign for Decker earlier this year. Coac Mac has already said that it is a close race between Decker and Toman and he will not name his starter until the end of Fall camp.

1st game Toman starts barring an injury. I think so long as he plays well and we win he starts BUT Deck gets plays. If Toman falters the door swings wide open for Deck to take control. Might he lead a 2nd half comeback win over a shocked Pitt? He Just might! GO UNH!! xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

UNHFan
May 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I don't know if I can take another Toman season. Please coach!! Start Decker

UNHWILDCATS05
May 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know if I can take another Toman season. Please coach!! Start Decker

... If another "Toman season" includes 10 wins... I'll take it...

crusader11
May 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM
...and getting bounced in the Quarterfinals.....

UNHWILDCATS05
May 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Anyone who watched that game in person last year will tell you... Decker would have made NO difference in the outcome of that game. Decker would have had no time just like Toman had no time... Decker only looked good later in the game after Nova took their foot off the gas and he did not face nearly the pressure Toman did...

Coach Mac will play the QB he thinks gives them the best chance to win... why would he do anything else... why would he play an inferior player... to save face... no... anyone who has spent any time with Coach Mac knows he puts the best players out there to win and he wants to win more than anybody... If Toman is better, Toman plays, if Decker is better, Decker plays...

A lot of UNH football fans starting to get that air of entitlement usually reserved for the UNH Hockey fans... Do we want to get past the quarters... yes... but can we stop for a minute and appreciate the level that we have already achieved (thanks to Toman) and not talk about him like he is the one holding the team back...

Bottom line: The player that gives us the best chance to win, will play...coaches see these guys every day at practice, we don't... have a little faith...

UNHFootballAlum
May 14th, 2010, 12:52 PM

as maddening as it is to keep losing in the QF, how many teams can actually say that the ave been to the QF and as many times as UNH has been this decade.

Wildcat80
May 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Anyone who watched that game in person last year will tell you... Decker would have made NO difference in the outcome of that game. Decker would have had no time just like Toman had no time... Decker only looked good later in the game after Nova took their foot off the gas and he did not face nearly the pressure Toman did...

Coach Mac will play the QB he thinks gives them the best chance to win... why would he do anything else... why would he play an inferior player... to save face... no... anyone who has spent any time with Coach Mac knows he puts the best players out there to win and he wants to win more than anybody... If Toman is better, Toman plays, if Decker is better, Decker plays...

A lot of UNH football fans starting to get that air of entitlement usually reserved for the UNH Hockey fans... Do we want to get past the quarters... yes... but can we stop for a minute and appreciate the level that we have already achieved (thanks to Toman) and not talk about him like he is the one holding the team back...

Bottom line: The player that gives us the best chance to win, will play...coaches see these guys every day at practice, we don't... have a little faith...

Agree 100%! UNH will win or lose as a team. We will need two good QB's to win the NC! xnodxxnodx

SOCAL
May 30th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Decker should, and will start. McDonell, please make the move you have wanted to make since the midpoint of last season.

Hey HC fan--we all know you went to high school with Decker and thus your "affection" for him

Coach Mac will play the best QB in his opinion----oh yea Toman is 22-6 as a starter----which is better than Santos with less talent around him-----there ain't no David Ball on the team now