PDA

View Full Version : Top FCS WRs

smallcollegefbfan
May 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Now this has nothing to do with NFL talent but just a list of the top FCS players at the position. Who would you list among the top 10-20? Here are some names I came up with.

Tysson Poots, Southern Utah, Sr.
Jason Caldwell, Fordham, Sr.
Matt Szczur, Villanova, Sr.- don't be shocked if he goes pro in baseball though.
Brian Quick, Appalachian State, Jr.
Simmie Yarborough, Southeastern Louisiana, Jr.
Mark Layton, Lafayette, Sr.
Joshua Philpart, Jacksonville, Jr.
Da'Marcus Griggs, Texas State, Sr.
Lito Senatus, Western Illinois, Sr.
Adam Mims, Furman, Sr.
Fesi Sitake, Southern Utah, Sr.
Zach Watkins, Butler, Jr.

slostang
May 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Cal Poly's 6'3" 210 lb. WR Dominique Johnson. DJ is a transfer from UCLA and a former starter there. He had 43 receptions for 741 yards and 6 TDs in 10 games for Cal Poly in 2009 and battle a shoulder injury all season. He did that in a triple option offense. He had surgery after the season to clean it up and I expect big things from him in 2010.

CrazyCat
May 9th, 2010, 06:44 PM
You'll have to make a list for dual-purpose athletes so I can put Everett Gilbert on it. :)

PaladinFan
May 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Like that Mims made the list. When you set the all-time receptions record as a junior at a school that has produced some pretty talented WRs, you've got to be in the conversation.

SpidersSportsEditor
May 9th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Szczur should be on a dual-purpose list, too. He might be the best player in the CAA, but if he only played as a true WR I don't think he'd make the top 10 at that position.

You'll have to make a list for dual-purpose athletes so I can put Everett Gilbert on it. :)

Saint3333
May 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Quick may be the best shot at making as a WR at the next level of the ASU WRs, but Matt Cline will likely have more receptions and yards next year. Quick will likely have more TDs though.

ur2k
May 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Even though his #s seemed to be down last year, I expect Kevin Grayson to have a big year at UR.

tribefan40
May 10th, 2010, 07:59 AM
If the QB position stabilizes look for Cameron Dohse to have a breakout year for W&M. Health was a concern last year but when he was on the field he was a beast. Chase Hill could step up in to the #1 slot as well.

achrist70
May 10th, 2010, 09:06 AM
UNI has a very solid core of receivers coming back, including Josh Collins coming back from injury.

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Simmie Yarborough, Southeastern Louisiana - 2009 Highlights thru first 7 games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhcjseCceD4

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/SimmievsLaTech.jpg?t=1273514958

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 10th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I agree that Kevin Grayson belongs on the list. Possibly Tre Grey from Richmond as well.

phoenix3
May 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Lance Camp at Elon will likely show up on the list by mid season.

bjtheflamesfan
May 12th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Look out for Chris Summers from LU this fall. He could very well leap onto a lot of people's radar before the year is over

phoenixphanatic21
May 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Lance Camp at Elon will likely show up on the list by mid season.

I've also heard a lot about Rasaun Rorie. In addition, don't forget about Aaron Mellette. Or Sean Jeffcoat for that matter.

PhoenixPhan06
May 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I've also heard a lot about Rasaun Rorie. In addition, don't forget about Aaron Mellette. Or Sean Jeffcoat for that matter.

Riddle will have plenty of targets this year no doubt about that. Don't forget we have good potential at TE with Leddy coming back, Labinowicz, Berry, and Gavin Billings possibly making some contributions.

AppAlum2003
May 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Riddle will have plenty of targets this year no doubt about that. Don't forget we have good potential at TE with Leddy coming back, Labinowicz, Berry, and Gavin Billings possibly making some contributions.

I think that makes it official: you Elon fans have listed every available player on the active roster as a "top" player for next year - should be extremely exciting!!! xhurrayx

ElonPride
May 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I think that makes it official: you Elon fans have listed every available player on the active roster as a "top" player for next year - should be extremely exciting!!! xhurrayx

No....they forgot Jeremy Peterson ;)

SpeedkingATL
May 12th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Coco Hillary of ASU should be considered on that list if he is out of the coach's "doghouse" by opening day.:D

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Yep, they probably already have their 2010 SoCon Champions poster finished too.xlolxxhurrayx

elon77
May 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Yep, they probably already have their 2010 SoCon Champions poster finished too.xlolxxhurrayx

Are they available yet?xchinscratchx

phoenixphanatic21
May 13th, 2010, 08:19 AM
No....they forgot Jeremy Peterson ;)

xoopsx Knew I forgot someone.

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Are they available yet?xchinscratchx

Probably need to check with the SID.

Saint3333
May 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
The arrogance for a fanbase who hasn't won anything at the FCS level is amazing.

Elon has zero quality wins out of the SoCon since they joined the conference. God have mercy on us all if they ever do win anything.

Pard94
May 14th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Great to see Mark Layton from Lafayette on the list but I am not even sure he's the best Reciever on the team. Mitch Bennet..newly minted Captain. That's the name PL fans will get to know soon enough.

Franks Tanks
May 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Great to see Mark Layton from Lafayette on the list but I am not even sure he's the best Reciever on the team. Mitch Bennet..newly minted Captain. That's the name PL fans will get to know soon enough.

I was thinking the same thing 94. Layton is a tremendous reciever, but Bennet has incredible big play ability and is more dangerous overall.

smallcollegefbfan
May 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Layton is a great FCS player but I think Bennett could be a very highly rated NFL prospect next year this time. :)

Pard94
May 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Layton is a great FCS player but I think Bennett could be a very highly rated NFL prospect next year this time. :)

If not next year than the year after...I believe he has a red shirt year for which he can apply. No disprespect to Layton whatsoever but Bennet is 6',4", very good speed, great hands and seemingly fearless. He was elected Captain so that suggests he's a leader as well. If I am being completely honest I'm not sure how he ended up at Lafayette though I am thrilled he did. I saw him interviewed his Sophomore season and I thought they were tealking to Randy Moss. My main prayer for the Leopards over the next two years is that they develop a QB who can get this kid the ball becuase he's going to be special.

ElonPride
May 14th, 2010, 09:48 PM
The arrogance for a fanbase who hasn't won anything at the FCS level is amazing.

Elon has zero quality wins out of the SoCon since they joined the conference. God have mercy on us all if they ever do win anything.

Wanna cry a little more there Saint? So some Elon are passionate, give it a rest.

Wanna know what's bad? Checking out the MBB with your fans saying the GSU and Elon baseball teams "cheated" last season.....WOW....Glad the GSU fan quickly put your folks in their place.

Saint3333
May 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I have no idea how GSU and Elon cheated in baseball - not sure how what a few of ASU's poster statement over there has to do with this. ASU is not without its share of ignorant fans with assine comments, but the percentage is less than Elon's. There are 3 maybe four knowledgable Elon posters (EP being one) on this site.

Passion and arrogance are different. No crying here just stating facts, Elon has never won anything at this level and the past 18 month new Elon fans (not you EP) are predicting Elon to be world beaters while losing quite a bit on offense. Win something and then start throwing out these expectations.