PDA

View Full Version : Pat Devlin

HenZoneNation
May 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
From USA Today sports:

30. Pat Devlin

QB, Delaware, 6-4, 220: Teams won't sleep on the next Joe Flacco, as the Penn State transfer looks the part of a future NFL starter.

Pat is going to have a great year next year. He looked sharp at the Spring Game...I worry about the line and RB's. Joe had a great line and Omar Cuff and that helped a lot. Pat doesn't have that...at all.

centraljerseycat
May 6th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I think you should be more concerned about beating dreaded Villanova first xlolx

HenZoneNation
May 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Probably not this year...but you gotta figure it's coming soon...xsmiley_wix

LBPop
May 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Probably stating the obvious, but I have to believe that Flacco's success makes Delaware a very appealing place for a top QB who is faced with riding the bench at an FBS program.

jmufan999
May 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Probably stating the obvious, but I have to believe that Flacco's success makes Delaware a very appealing place for a top QB who is faced with riding the bench at an FBS program.

it is. their willingness to take in transfers is another reason... not every school will do that.

i also think its position on the east coast helps. not too far north, not too far south. so recruits along the coast can stay relatively close to home. and as we know, all the talent comes from the east.

(just trying to rile up some "eastern bias" claims, those are always hilarious :)

GATA
May 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM

That...and most transfers are stupid.

SaintDK10
May 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM
That...and most transfers are stupid.
You'll have to excuse him HenZoneNation, most transfers at GA Southern are JUCO players who end up flunking after the first week of classes, which is pretty impressive to do considering you only need a pulse to pass the "classes" at Statesboro.

AppAlum2003
May 6th, 2010, 03:08 PM
HAHA... my first reaction to SaintDK10's post reminds me of having a brother. I'll defend him, but only because I'm the only one that gets to beat him(Georgia Southern) up.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM
You'll have to excuse him HenZoneNation, most transfers at GA Southern are JUCO players who end up flunking after the first week of classes, which is pretty impressive to do considering you only need a pulse to pass the "classes" at Statesboro.

xlolx

AAadict
May 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=jmufan999;1519764]it is. their willingness to take in transfers is another reason... not every school will do that.

So if Pat Devlin, one of the highest QB prospects in the country going into his freshman year at Penn State, decides he wants to tranfer to an FCS school there are some who will not take him? Name the FCS school that tells Pat Devlin he will have to look up a college that takes transfers from Penn State?

Fordham
May 6th, 2010, 11:32 PM
That...and most transfers are stupid. ugh. Pat Devlin is extremely sharp and UD is a great, great school. He's not transferring into a place b/c he couldn't hack the grades. He's transferring b/c he didn't get enough of an audition for for the NFL.