PDA

View Full Version : What's With Nova?

carney2
January 5th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Nova has gone south. A temporary thing? They played at the top levels of the a-10 for so long that I just have to ask.

65 Pard
January 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah and I can remember when they could make some noise in 1A before they moved down to 1AA football.....I think they concentrate on roundball and do a great job at that.....Football is second fiddle there....makes the Hens happy.

blukeys
January 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah and I can remember when they could make some noise in 1A before they moved down to 1AA football.....I think they concentrate on roundball and do a great job at that.....Football is second fiddle there....makes the Hens happy.

Nova dropped football for a while in the 80's. They came back and played a d-3 schedule for a couple of years prior to going to I-AA.

I would wait a while before writing Obits. Burroughs is an exceptional QB. Losing him put a real hurting on that team this year.

Of course it is well known that roundball and track are the big sports at Nova. Gannonfan married a Nova grad. She would still be unaware they had a football team if she hadn't met him. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Pard4Life
January 5th, 2006, 11:19 AM
We will see how good they are once Lehigh comes to town. When was Lehigh's last A-10 win? Richmond 2000? ..just asking

GannonFan
January 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Nova dropped football for a while in the 80's. They came back and played a d-3 schedule for a couple of years prior to going to I-AA.

I would wait a while before writing Obits. Burroughs is an exceptional QB. Losing him put a real hurting on that team this year.

Of course it is well known that roundball and track are the big sports at Nova. Gannonfan married a Nova grad. She would still be unaware they had a football team if she hadn't met him. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

I did indeed - and now our oldest son (2 years old) runs around the house singing the Delaware fight song. Just passing the love onto the next generation. I think nova's in a rut that's going to be tough to get out of - they have little support, Talley's starting to get old, and they just haven't been able to fix glaring issues they've had for a few years name, most importantly the offensive line. Burroughs is a good QB, but he gets massacred behind that line. I'm almost convinced that Talley's just riding out the ship and maybe they need some new blood in there to be good again. With Towson's stock clearly on the rise, as well as Richmond, nova may be relegated to the basement for some time to come. But, as a poster said, being a Hens fan, there's nothing wrong with nova being in the basement! ;)

LUHawker
January 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
We will see how good they are once Lehigh comes to town. When was Lehigh's last A-10 win? Richmond 2000? ..just asking

2001 1st Round playoffs at Goodman Stadium - I think 27-24 in OT.

But your point is clear - it's been too long.