PDA

View Full Version : Cornhusker paper send reporter to SDSU Spring game

89rabbit
April 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
They must really be worried about us in Lincoln. ;) xlolx

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2010/04/25/football/doc4bd3b62fcb969980798532.txt

Steven M. Sipple:

S. Dakota State confident despite being FCS school

BROOKINGS, S.D. — Worlds apart.

In the realm of college football, that’s where Nebraska and South Dakota State line up — worlds apart.

A week after Nebraska drew 77,936 spectators for its annual Red-White Spring Game, South Dakota State on a damp and windswept Saturday drew about 250 for its spring game. Many of those folks drove into the stadium’s main parking lot via gravel/dirt access roads soaked to mush by morning rain. Mud was caked on cars. Upon arrival, I wiped a small pool of standing water from my chair inside the press box at 15,000-seat Coughlin-Alumni Stadium before watching the defense dominate the day. . . . (read more)

laxVik
April 26th, 2010, 08:20 AM
No offense to SDSU of course but NU has one lousy non conference schedule. Typical Big 12.

McNeese75
April 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
No offense to SDSU of course but NU has one lousy non conference schedule. Typical Big 12.

Ummm actually it looks a little better than Arizona State who have the Vikings on the schedule this year.

laxVik
April 26th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Ummm actually it looks a little better than Arizona State who have the Vikings on the schedule this year.Ha. We also play UO. xviolinx

In reality playing Idaho, SDSU and WKU is weak at best for Nebraska. Pony up scaredy pants

McNeese75
April 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Ha. We also play UO. xviolinx

In reality playing Idaho, SDSU and WKU is weak at best for Nebraska. Pony up scaredy pants

Pony up??? xlolx So you are saying that Arizona State is playing a tougher schedule than Nebraska by playing the Vickings and Northern Arizona?

And, I will trump your UO and Arizona State with Missouri and LSU. :D

laxVik
April 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Pony up??? xlolx So you are saying that Arizona State is playing a tougher schedule than Nebraska by playing the Vickings and Northern Arizona?

And, I will trump your UO and Arizona State with Missouri and LSU. :DWasn't familiar with ASU's schedule but theirs indeed sucks as well.

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM

HOLD UP HERE!!!!! xeekx

I'm also a Colorado fan and being that we play the Lambs, Cal, Hawaii, and Georgia for our Non-Conference...I resent that Big 12 Statement....

But then again....When have I cared about the rest of the Big 12???? Therefore...if U wanna bash NEB (The world does about their Soft Nonconference games) and the one and only Cupcake U (K-State) then by ALL means be my guest xlolx

ncbears
April 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
HOLD UP HERE!!!!! xeekx

I'm also a Colorado fan and being that we play the Lambs, Cal, Hawaii, and Georgia for our Non-Conference...I resent that Big 12 Statement....

But then again....When have I cared about the rest of the Big 12???? Therefore...if U wanna bash NEB (The world does about their Soft Nonconference games) and the one and only Cupcake U (K-State) then by ALL means be my guest xlolx

Why are you a CU fan?

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 30th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Why are you a CU fan?

Sorry bout late response....Haven't logged into my laptop all week as I've been hooked on Super Street Fighter 4....

As for my answer....

Back when I was about 6-7 (when I knew enough about football to understand it) Everyone I knew was rooting for Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU, etc. I wanted to go for a team that not many people rooted for or "respected"....A team that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere....At the time Colorado fit that niche....It also helped that they recruited Louisiana hard back then (Good luck with that now...lol)

Basically I picked CU and stuck with them pretty much.....

NoCoDanny
May 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry bout late response....Haven't logged into my laptop all week as I've been hooked on Super Street Fighter 4....

As for my answer....

Back when I was about 6-7 (when I knew enough about football to understand it) Everyone I knew was rooting for Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU, etc. I wanted to go for a team that not many people rooted for or "respected"....A team that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere....At the time Colorado fit that niche....It also helped that they recruited Louisiana hard back then (Good luck with that now...lol)

Basically I picked CU and stuck with them pretty much.....

Yeah, those were the days, it used to be fun being a college football fan in Colorado. xbawlingx