PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

Uncle Buck
April 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Well, it's not my beloved Hofstra Flying Dutchmen, but at least it's football. I purchased my season tickets for Stony Brook and can't say enough good things about the service. Unlike Hofstra, SBU seems to be doing everything right.

Can't wait to see how the Hofstra transfers pan out and looking forward to the Big South and maybe a road trip to Lafayette on 10/16.

If any of you Big South fans come up, i'll be in:

Section: 204
Row: E
Seats: 1-5

Let the fall begin and F Hofstra and Rabinowitz!

Grizzaholic
April 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I got mine all paid for and ordered a couple weeks ago. Cannot wait for football to start.

Uncle Buck
April 18th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Me too. Sucks that Hofstra canned the program, but at least I have another local team to fall back on with some very good Hofstra talent coming over. Like i always say, any football is better than no football!

Grizzaholic
April 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Me too. Sucks that Hofstra canned the program, but at least I have another local team to fall back on with some very good Hofstra talent coming over. Like i always say, any football is better than no football!

Reps for the wise saying!

Go...gate
April 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
SBU has a nice ballpark.

Redbird Ray
April 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM
A bit unrelated, but awhile back I was doing some googling on the NY state universities (I am a nerd) and they all have a crapton of research $$$. Stony Brook in particular had some serious facilities/funding going on. I'm talking Big Ten level research.

I guess my point is that perhaps Stony Brook would be a good team to get on the bandwagon for. I'm glad to hear of a Hofstra fan getting back out there and showing love for FCS by supporting another local team. But I wouldn't be surprised if Stony Brook goes FBS sometime in the next 10-20 years. There is just too much $$$ at that school to have such a low key athletics program.

In any case, enjoy your Seawolf football season!

ngineer
April 20th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Geez, our season tickets don't come out for two months yet...xconfusedx

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2010, 07:53 AM

NDSU already has 7,176 season ticket renewals and we haven't even put out a full schedule yet...

Bogus Megapardus
April 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM

Season tickets to the Palatial Plains of Pardsville have been on sale for about a week. Lafayette fans have to buy now to be sure to get a Lehigh game ticket. $70 gets you Georgetown, Harvard, Stony Brook, Holy Cross and Lehigh. Four very nice home games.

Uncle Buck
April 22nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
I guess my point is that perhaps Stony Brook would be a good team to get on the bandwagon for. I'm glad to hear of a Hofstra fan getting back out there and showing love for FCS by supporting another local team. But I wouldn't be surprised if Stony Brook goes FBS sometime in the next 10-20 years. There is just too much $$$ at that school to have such a low key athletics program.

Thanks Ray. SBU is a great research school and the athletic department is doing all the right things. The great facilities, the new upgraded video board at the stadium, even when HU had a team, i was envious. As for supporting them, that was easy. I emailed the ticket office asking about seats, the guy emails me back and puts something in place for me before season ticket packages were even set up. In fact, the AD there is a former teammate of mine at Hofstra and was actually looking into a game where he will host all former Hofstra football alumni as his guest.

Bottom line, i'm just glad that i still have a local FCS program to get excited about, and an FCS program that is looking to move forward!

Franks Tanks
April 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM
A bit unrelated, but awhile back I was doing some googling on the NY state universities (I am a nerd) and they all have a crapton of research $$$. Stony Brook in particular had some serious facilities/funding going on. I'm talking Big Ten level research.

Stony Brook gets a lot of federal funding for research, and has some great facilities. That however doesnt necessarily mean they are a 'rich" school or have a lot of money to spend on athletics. As the University and its alumni base grows larger and richer, they do have the chance to seriously upgrade their athletic program.

Uncle Buck
April 22nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Stony Brook gets a lot of federal funding for research, and has some great facilities. That however doesnt necessarily mean they are a 'rich" school or have a lot of money to spend on athletics. As the University and its alumni base grows larger and richer, they do have the chance to seriously upgrade their athletic program.

SBU continues to make their push, but in all honesty, until the state of New York gets its financial affairs in order, we may see all SUNY programs entering a holding pattern. SBU is closing their satellite campus in Southampton on the eastern end of Long Island to save money as well. But as long as they have FCS football, i'm happy xhurrayx

Monarch History
April 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Uncle Buck, I feel for you and other Hofstra fans who supported the Pride. Great that you are still supporting FCS football. Mayo and Cameron are two Hofstra players who have made an immediate impact to our team.

Not sure if you saw this article talking about about Mayo nad Cameron and Dominik Davenport (WVU) adding swagger to the team.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/04/cavalry-arrives-help-odu-football-find-its-swagger

Uncle Buck
April 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
That's awesome, thanks for the article, I hadn't seen it. Cameron looked like he was going to be a player for us and it appears that he filled out his frame and is doing just that. Mayo is a light in the a$$ guy, but he has a tremendous motor and made a few big plays for us last year coming off the end. It's great to see that they can come in and contribute.

achrist70
April 22nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
NDSU already has 7,176 season ticket renewals and we haven't even put out a full schedule yet...

It is North Dakota, what else is there to do?

ngineer
April 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Season tickets to the Palatial Plains of Pardsville have been on sale for about a week. Lafayette fans have to buy now to be sure to get a Lehigh game ticket. $70 gets you Georgetown, Harvard, Stony Brook, Holy Cross and Lehigh. Four very nice home games.

Yeah, that fifth and last one will spoil your season..;)

Very truly yours,

Three Peat

Bogus Megapardus
April 23rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, that fifth and last one will spoil your season..;)

Nope. That Georgetown opener will seem like ancient history after the thrashing your Pigeons are going to take on College Hill.

SumItUp
April 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
In fact, the AD there is a former teammate of mine at Hofstra and was actually looking into a game where he will host all former Hofstra football alumni as his guest.

That's a classy move by the AD. Uncle Buck, it looks like you found a new football home. Stony Brook has been a nice addition to the Big South. I'm looking forward to their trip to Lynchburg on November 20th. It should be a great game.

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
It is North Dakota, what else is there to do?

What is there to do in Cedar Falls??

F-M - 175,000 people

Cedar Falls/Waterloo - 100,000 people

Seawolf97
April 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
SBU continues to make their push, but in all honesty, until the state of New York gets its financial affairs in order, we may see all SUNY programs entering a holding pattern. SBU is closing their satellite campus in Southampton on the eastern end of Long Island to save money as well. But as long as they have FCS football, i'm happy xhurrayx

That still may not close. The local politcos got the message when Dr. Stanley announced its closing. The state put 78 million into SBU-Southampton last year and it is nearly totally "Green" campus. It was also the first SUNY facility that potenially will close. Local media is reporting monies from the state and the Township of Southampton will be invested into it. I think it was a nice move on Dr. Stanley's part to shake them up. Goodness even the untensils in the cafeteria are edible (made from potatos and kelp) .

Uncle Buck
April 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
That's a classy move by the AD. Uncle Buck, it looks like you found a new football home. Stony Brook has been a nice addition to the Big South. I'm looking forward to their trip to Lynchburg on November 20th. It should be a great game.

Yeah, he's a great guy. Of course it helps to get local football guys interested in the only D-I program on the island, but I know Jim and i know Hofstra cutting its program bothered him as well. He was all for the recruiting wars and competition.

Uncle Buck
April 24th, 2010, 08:26 AM
That still may not close. The local politcos got the message when Dr. Stanley announced its closing. The state put 78 million into SBU-Southampton last year and it is nearly totally "Green" campus. It was also the first SUNY facility that potenially will close. Local media is reporting monies from the state and the Township of Southampton will be invested into it. I think it was a nice move on Dr. Stanley's part to shake them up. Goodness even the untensils in the cafeteria are edible (made from potatos and kelp) .

Hopefully they figure something out. The last thing we need are more empty buildings on Long Island just left there to rot. If i'm here for the long haul, i want to see SBU climb the ladder with academics and sports. Especially football!

Kabooom
April 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
What is there to do in Cedar Falls??

F-M - 175,000 people

Cedar Falls/Waterloo - 100,000 people

.....Aint all about the size of the Pigpen,....but ALL about the quality Bacon........yum/yessum...xsmiley_wix

P.S....Mcdonalds has served over upteengazillion meals...Doesn't mean I'll ever set foot in one of them..

Mo Club Burgers are good enough for me.

What's the current price of tea in China?...

Husky Alum
April 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Mrs. Husky Alum has already been informed that I will be attending a few FCS games this year.

Once I get schedules, I'll be making my decisions as to which games I'm going to attend.

Our Nephew is going to enroll at ZooMass in the fall as a freshman and will be playing in their band, so I'm sure we'll truck out to McGuirk for a game.

I'm sure I'll be at UNH for a game or two this year as well.

Uncle Buck
April 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Awesome, i've got the Stony Brook season tix now, but i am definitely going to try and get up to UNH, maybe i'll see you up there and we can throw a couple back.