PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new stadium....

Redbird Ray
April 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM
....http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=431046

All right Texans. Please explain this. xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
April 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
If we play them, will it count for SOS calculations?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/01/2010-edition-patriot-league-commit.html

Bucknell has two players in their incoming class list from Allen HS in Texas. That's going to be interesting, if that's what they're coming from.

DFW HOYA
April 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Any idea how recruiting Allen kids to Georgetown will fare when the Hoyas sell them this?

http://www.hoyabasketball.com/images/msf7.jpg

MplsBison
April 14th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I don't buy that the Gtown brass couldn't work something out at FedEx if it really came down to it.

You can deny it all you want, but I'm not going to buy it because I know it hasn't really been tried yet.

DFW HOYA
April 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I don't buy that the Gtown brass couldn't work something out at FedEx if it really came down to it.

You can deny it all you want, but I'm not going to buy it because I know it hasn't really been tried yet.

The Temple Owls paid approximately $1 million in rent for a season at Lincoln Financial Field, and Dan Snyder probably charges upwards of $300K for an intersectional game.

Georgetown's football budget is $1.5 million and averaged 2,511 per game.

Honestly, do the math before making posts like this.

Franks Tanks
April 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Why would they need a 90k seat stadium?

What is wrong with you--seriously?

onbison09
April 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Allen will fill it up too. Obviously not every game but this didn't shock me. Hell their band almost has 600 people (not sure of the exact number but it filled up the whole field)

jmufan999
April 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
huge. simply huge...

Redbird Ray
April 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM
To be fair, I don't think the Redskins need a 90K stadium either.

And yes, a game against Allen HS is favourable for SOS pts. To be honest, they probably have more athletes with scholarship offers than most FCS schools have. :oxlolx

Redbird Ray
April 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
To be fair, I don't think the Redskins need a 90K stadium either.

And yes, a game against Allen HS is favourable for SOS pts. To be honest, they probably have more athletes with scholarship offers than most FCS schools have. :oxlolx

FBS scholarship offers.

onbison09
April 14th, 2010, 03:06 PM
FBS scholarship offers.

Totally true. Their stadium sits 14,500 now I believe I read and it's standing room only. It was insane when we played there. So loud.

Bogus Megapardus
April 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Latest word is that the very smart folks at Georgetown will issue specially-designed 3-D hologram goggles to all fans attending home games at Multi-Sport Playground this season. When watching the game through the goggles it will appear to them as if they are playing at Allen (TX) High School Stadium. Problem solved.

PhoenixSupreme
April 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
wow...and my rinky-dink high school only sits maybe 1,000-2,000

doolittledog
April 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM
The Berry Center in Cypress, TX is also impressive. Football stadium seats about 11.5k and the basketball arena attached to it is about as large. It also has a theater.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/longwood/sets/72157594383896702/

TheBisonator
April 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry for getting into a MplsBison discussion and hujacking the thread, but how about Georgetown plays at RFK?? Rent would be less, and if the football program marketed itself even 10 percent what basketball does, you could maybe see a 1/3 to 1/2 full RFK for Hoya games on Saturdays in fall. Just tarp the upper deck, and it might not be too big of a place to play in.

Although I don't know about any hurdles Georgetown would have to face before doing this.

Franks Tanks
April 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry for getting into a MplsBison discussion and hujacking the thread, but how about Georgetown plays at RFK?? Rent would be less, and if the football program marketed itself even 10 percent what basketball does, you could maybe see a 1/3 to 1/2 full RFK for Hoya games on Saturdays in fall. Just tarp the upper deck, and it might not be too big of a place to play in.

Although I don't know about any hurdles Georgetown would have to face before doing this.

A half full RFK would equal about 3 years of Georgetown home attendance in one game. I dont think folks from outside the NE realize how hard it is to attact fans to FCS football games in D.C, Philly, NY, and Boston. People dont care a whole lot about college football in these cities. Nova was national champs and has trouble attracting fans.

Mattymc727
April 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I mean it is pretty nice but....Does it really even compare to Cowell Stadium?.............cough

ngineer
April 14th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Bethlehem School District Stadium (PA) seats just under 16,000. In fact, the Lehigh-Lafayette game was played there one year due to renovations at Taylor. At one time Allentown's stadium sat 23,000, but the visitors' stands were removed a few years back so now everyone sits on one side, with about 16,000 seats as well.

Fox 94
April 15th, 2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.allenisd.org/20061061015583133/lib/20061061015583133/Bond%20Project%20Artwork-Files/Stadium%20Update.pdf

Check this link out.

Bogus Megapardus
April 15th, 2010, 07:43 AM
You all realize that Allen, TX is the next town over from Frisco, right?

MplsBison
April 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
A half full RFK would equal about 3 years of Georgetown home attendance in one game. I dont think folks from outside the NE realize how hard it is to attact fans to FCS football games in D.C, Philly, NY, and Boston. People dont care a whole lot about college football in these cities. Nova was national champs and has trouble attracting fans.

BC, Penn State, Uconn, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia, etc. seem to be doing well enough.

If you're winning and, more importantly, if you're perceived as "big time college football", people will come.

Gtown football in the Big East at RFK or FedEx vs. Notre Dame would attract more people to a football game than Gtown football has every had.

Franks Tanks
April 15th, 2010, 10:48 AM
BC, Penn State, Uconn, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia, etc. seem to be doing well enough.

If you're winning and, more importantly, if you're perceived as "big time college football", people will come.

Gtown football in the Big East at RFK or FedEx vs. Notre Dame would attract more people to a football game than Gtown football has every had.

Penn State, UCONN, Syracuse, Maryland, and Virginia are not in NY. DC, Philly or Boston. Maryland is close to D.C., but they are clearly a basketball school.

Boston College does draw about 40k to games in Boston, but they are not talk of the town in the fall in Boston by any means. Its all Sox and Pats.

Bogus Megapardus
April 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Mpls: call this number - 301-276-6100 - and tell them that NDSU is big time college football and that you want to play all your home games against major research universities at FedEx Field from now on. I took the liberty of phoning them in advance so they're expecting your call. So what could be easier? I say go for it! It will be a nice change of pace from the dreary ol' Fargo Dome and I'm sure your AD will be thrilled with the gesture. One thing, though - I think they'll need payment in advance (they were mumbling about attendance minimums and revenue guarantees or something) so make sure you have your checkbook out and take a peek at the balance while you're at it.

Drop a post later in the day and tell everyone how it all works out, OK?

SideLine Shooter
April 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM

I think it needs a track around the football field.xnodxxthumbsupxxnodx

3rd Coast Tiger
April 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I think it needs a track around the football field.xnodxxthumbsupxxnodx

With soccer lines running all through it too! xthumbsupx

achrist70
April 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I brought this up a couple a months ago on our message board when it was announced that the title game was getting moved to Texas. Allen's field now actually only has 6,000 permanent seats they bring in 8,000 temporary seats every year, but that is still not enough. They are one of the premiere programs in the state, winning a state title in 2008. They are also the 3rd largest school in the state with the two larger schools also being in their district so they do get decent away crowds.

NSUDemon98
April 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Here in Texas the way it works is...the school administration decide what projects are best for the school and then the school board put this project (which this stadium only accounts for half of the $120million bond package) up for election to the public living within the school district...obviously the people of Allen wanted their tax dollars to fund this because it passed on a vote.

I'm all excited because my district passed our bond back in November and we are going to build a new $18,000,000 middle school!!!

Cocky
April 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Here in Texas the way it works is...the school administration decide what projects are best for the school and then the school board put this project (which this stadium only accounts for half of the $120million bond package) up for election to the public living within the school district...obviously the people of Allen wanted their tax dollars to fund this because it passed on a vote.

I'm all excited because my district passed our bond back in November and we are going to build a new $18,000,000 middle school!!!

How much of the 18 goes toward the middle school football field?

NSUDemon98
April 19th, 2010, 08:19 PM
How much of the 18 goes toward the middle school football field?

Our m.s. plays their games at the h.s. stadium. I'm all excited over our 5000 sqft band facility. :D

That's the other part of how bonds work...by law in Texas all money raised from taxes for a specific bond can only be used for that. No manipulation of left over money is allowed nor is misleading the public. $18million will be for a new m.s. and new m.s. only...