PDA

View Full Version : Video from GSU's Spring Scrimmage at the Dome

SaintDK10
April 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Roughly 3,200 fans showed up for GSU's first ever spring scrimmage at the Georgia Dome this passed Saturday. Below is the link to some highlights. The video starts off with a Samoan warrior chant led by two Samoan brothers from Arizona. Coming out of high school, the older brother had an offer from University of Arizona, while the younger one was a Rivals No. 18 prospect in the state of Arizona and had an offer from Nebraska. Needless to say we're happy to have them on our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EHWbsRKIU

SideLine Shooter
April 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Roughly 3,200 fans showed up for GSU's first ever spring scrimmage at the Georgia Dome this passed Saturday. Below is the link to some highlights. The video starts off with a Samoan warrior chant led by two Samoan brothers from Arizona. Coming out of high school, the older brother had an offer from University of Arizona, while the younger one was a Rivals No. 18 prospect in the state of Arizona and had an offer from Nebraska. Needless to say we're happy to have them on our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EHWbsRKIU

Looks like fun. Miss our spring game.

PantherRob82
April 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm suprised more people didn't show.

SaintDK10
April 13th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'm suprised more people didn't show.
What's the average crowd for an FCS Spring game?

PaladinFan
April 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Ok. We've got to make an arrangement. There are now two GSU's. Gotta figure out a way to separate em.

PantherRob82
April 13th, 2010, 11:00 PM
What's the average crowd for an FCS Spring game?

I guess I was more surprised that:

#1- It's the first "meaningful" spring game.
#2- It's Atlanta

I would guess 3-4k is probably average.

seantaylor
April 13th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Ok. We've got to make an arrangement. There are now two GSU's. Gotta figure out a way to separate em.

There is only one GSU. Georgia State is a substitute teacher.

slostang
April 14th, 2010, 12:02 AM
There is only one GSU. Georgia State is a substitute teacher.

Hey Sean you talking about Grambling State University? xsmiley_wix

elon77
April 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM

I'm like you, I could not for the life of myself figure out why Ga. Southern would have their spring game in the Ga. Dome. Maybe they should have gone with TOGSU, The other GSU.

danefan
April 14th, 2010, 10:17 AM
GSU = Georgia Southern
Grambling = Grambling duh
Ga.St. = Georgia State

Don't like? Tough. xsmiley_wix

3rd Coast Tiger
April 14th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Put it this way; who's been playing football the longest?

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
GSU or GaSo = Georgia Southern
GStU or GaSt= Georgia State
Gram or G = Grambling

ursus arctos horribilis
April 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM
GSU or GaSo = Georgia Southern
GStU or GaSt= Georgia State
Gram or G = Grambling

I was expecting an Eagle Spring game as well. It's gonna be confusing.xlolx

Gringer1
April 15th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, this is our house! Except its painted red and black because it belongs to the Falcons.
And sometimes basketball games.
And high school playoffs.
And monster truck shows.
And boat shows.
But today it is our house... until 5 o'clock. That's when its rented out for the Honda Battle of the Bands.

JSU02
April 15th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah, this is our house! Except its painted red and black because it belongs to the Falcons.
And sometimes basketball games.
And high school playoffs.
And monster truck shows.
And boat shows.
But today it is our house... until 5 o'clock. That's when its rented out for the Honda Battle of the Bands.

LOL, so true. The should just use Herndon Stadium, 3 blocks west of the dome. Its not like Morris Brown has much use of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herndon_Stadium

MplsBison
April 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.gsu.edu/ takes you to Georgia State University

Done and done.

GATA
April 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Done and done.

see where whitehouse.com takes you...**** face.

Jackman
April 15th, 2010, 10:22 AM
G-State
G-South?

Doesn't really matter what we say though, State will eventually be the most identified with "GSU", at least in the national media. They have the more conventional name, and have GSU written on their helmets. Georgia Southern is going to end up with something like GSO everywhere except locally. It is what it is. Fans of other State universities are going to give G-State priority out of an irrational fear that any new abbreviation convention will trickle over to their own State U. It's inevitable.

As for Grambling, why would anyone ever want to abbreviate it? It's a fun word to say, combining gambling with rambling. And bling. They could be 'Bling State if they need to be shortened.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 15th, 2010, 10:24 AM
LOL, so true. The should just use Herndon Stadium, 3 blocks west of the dome. Its not like Morris Brown has much use of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herndon_Stadium

I would rather play in a rented Dome, than on some other school's campus - which is located next to 3 other campuses - at least the Dome is one neutral grounds and "ours" for that day - wheareas Herndon Stadium will always be Morris Brown's and the Atlanta University Center's.

JSU02
April 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Why not buy it from Morris Brown and practice there? Would be easier to get to than Panthersville. I'm sure Morris Brown could use the money.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Why not buy it from Morris Brown and practice there? Would be easier to get to than Panthersville. I'm sure Morris Brown could use the money.

Because although it isn't used by MBC, it is still in the heart of the AUC among 3 other schools. And from what I understand the AUC schools have a lot of pride and do not want "outsiders" interfering. At the same time Georgia State doesn't want to be on someone else's campus. This is why we built our own practice facilities, from which I understand is quite nice, and only a few minute walk from campus.

I agree with you on the Panthersville distance and travel time. It would be great to move all sports downtown and out of Panthersville.

Hammer22
April 15th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Why not buy it from Morris Brown and practice there?

We have our own practice field.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATCLID=204917030&SPSID=592447&SPID=5671&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12700&PALBID=363446

Hammer22
April 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
see where whitehouse.com takes you...**** face.

what about whitehouse.gov?

JSU02
April 15th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I didn't know the practice field was so close to campus. I was thinking it was in Panthersville as well. Is Herdon used for anything now? High school games maybe? It looks too nice to let it sit there and rot away along with MBC.

CrackerRiley
April 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Done and done.

ohhh, that's a pretty big blow to the Georgia Southern faithful

What will they counter with?

If I wasn't so accustomed to calling Georgia Southern GSU I would say Georgia State has the upper hand on the GSU acronym with their use of the GSU URL.

PantherRob82
April 15th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I'll call them GSU when they decide to stay FCS.....maybe.

Eagle22
April 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM
ohhh, that's a pretty big blow to the Georgia Southern faithful

What will they counter with?

If I wasn't so accustomed to calling Georgia Southern GSU I would say Georgia State has the upper hand on the GSU acronym with their use of the GSU URL.

Big blow ? I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

www.asu.edu

Oh my, it's not Appalachian State ? What will happen to the Mountaineers xlolx

Seriously .. folks worrying about acronym envy have way too much time on their hands, whether they are Georgia Southern fans or Georgia State fans.

Slapping the letters on a Georgia State helmet (which looks pretty goofy IMO, though understandable when you look at their mascot images) isn't going to cause Georgia Southern to undo the 20 years they've used it.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I didn't know the practice field was so close to campus. I was thinking it was in Panthersville as well. Is Herdon used for anything now? High school games maybe? It looks too nice to let it sit there and rot away along with MBC.

Yeah the only sports at Panthersville are Baseball, Softball, and Soccer. I really wish we could (and I believe there is a long term plan to do so) bring those sports Downtown. They way it is currently - it would be easier for me to see Georgia State baseball play at Georgia Tech or Kennesaw State than it would for me to go to Panthersville.

JSU02
April 16th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Well since you are going to play football at the GA Dome, why not play baseball at Turner Field? :D

JSU02
April 16th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Slapping the letters on a Georgia State helmet (which looks pretty goofy IMO, though understandable when you look at their mascot images) isn't going to cause Georgia Southern to undo the 20 years they've used it.

You got that right bro. Their new panther logo looks like it should be on a bottle of malt liquor xlolx

Hammer22
April 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Well since you are going to play football at the GA Dome, why not play baseball at Turner Field? :D

Thanks for the idea. I'll go start the 10 million vote petition now.

MplsBison
April 16th, 2010, 07:43 PM

www.asu.edu

Seriously .. folks worrying about acronym envy have way too much time on their hands, whether they are Georgia Southern fans or Georgia State fans.

We'll see what happens the next 20 years when GSU.EDU is on billboards and posters in Atlanta? xcoffeex

GATA
April 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
We'll see what happens the next 20 years when GSU.EDU is on billboards and posters in Atlanta? xcoffeex

OK...

seantaylor
April 16th, 2010, 10:57 PM

By then Georgia State will no longer have a football program.

SaintDK10
April 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM
By then Georgia State will no longer have a football program.
Folks at Ga Southern are hoping for a lot of things these days, as ridiculous as those hopes may be.

JDC325
April 23rd, 2010, 11:13 PM
Folks at Ga Southern are hoping for a lot of things these days, as ridiculous as those hopes may be.

The only thing I would hope for if I were a student as Ga State is not to get killed, raped or mugged on the way to class or going to a game. I live in the metro area but Atlanta is a **** hole city.

Laserlips
April 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hey,

Georgia State University is just getting their football program off the ground. My GSU Eagle football team is basically doing the same thing in a return to the 3/0..

So, for the present the Georgia State Fans will be calling themselves the "real" GSU, and of course those of us who are Georgia Southern University fans will continue to call ourselves GSU..

Future performance on the field will probably determine who winds up being considered the "real" GSU by folks who aren't from Georgia and don't have a dog in the fight.

I wish Georgia State success on the field. In fact I wish ANY Georgia based football team success over any team from outside of my home State.

Hopefully we can get a nice little rivalry going by playing "head to head" in the future, but not sure that'll materialize.

Perhaps those folks having trouble differentiating between the two "GSU"'s might care to remember only the GSU in Statesboro has the 6 National Championship flags flying in their stadum?

Yeah, I know..

Ancient history.xbawlingx

But...

It's a history of success you won't find anyplace else in OUR division of college football...... ;) No other team is even close.....

That's a fact..... xthumbsupx

No offense to Georgia State Fans, just proud to be an Eagles fan, and proud of our past achievements on the field.

And looking for new ones....

Best Wishes,

Jesse

GATA
April 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM

...yeah...we're still hoping to win a national championship someday...

But I'm sure that cute little thing you got going on up there will win multiple in no time. Good luck to you kids...god bless your little hearts. And Bill Curry too? awwwwww...

Hammer22
April 26th, 2010, 11:52 PM

But I'm sure that cute little thing you got going on up there will win multiple in no time. Good luck to you kids...god bless your little hearts. And Bill Curry too? awwwwww...

What you folks at Southern realize, but won't admit is that the cute little thing could honestly wipe the floor w/ your baby 3O team right now!xnodx

Eaglesrus
April 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM
What you folks at Southern realize, but won't admit is that the cute little thing could honestly wipe the floor w/ your baby 3O team right now!xnodx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Congratulations, funniest post of the thread thus far!!

Hammer22
April 27th, 2010, 10:52 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Congratulations, funniest post of the thread thus far!!

I agree! I was laughing at the facts too! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

CrackerRiley
April 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM

www.asu.edu

Huh? Appalachian State doesn't have to "compete" with Arizona State on this board. Maybe on other boards, but not around here. I'm just poking fun anyways.
We are known to the rest of the country as App State anyways... thus, appstate.edu

Eaglesrus
April 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I agree! I was laughing at the facts too! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

You mean the fact that your team hasn't played a single down against another real college team as yet? I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens on September 18 when they do.

SaintDK10
April 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
The only thing I would hope for if I were a student as Ga State is not to get killed, raped or mugged on the way to class or going to a game. I live in the metro area but Atlanta is a **** hole city.
The only thing you hope for is that the herpes you brought back from the cesspool that is Statesboro doesn't flare up during your annual @$$kicking you get form just about every SoCon team for the past 10 years. For someone who spent 4+ years in the armpit of Georgia (otherwise known as Statesboro) to be calling an Olympic city a **** hole is just flat-out hilarious. I swear, the stuff you'll read on these boards...

SaintDK10
April 27th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Yeah, it's all cute, and fun and games, until your team gets trashed by 20+ points like it did this year on the hardwood. My JV high school squad put a better product on the floor than that sorry excuse of a southern basketball team. What makes you think you'll fare better on the gridiron? For a fan whose team has been living in FCS mediocrity (at best) for the past 10 years, you sure seem to be eager to talk a lot of trash. The list of players who declined a scholarship from southern to play at GSU this year alone should be a heavy dose of reality. Not that reality is something southern fans like to live in...

SaintDK10
April 27th, 2010, 07:34 PM
You mean the fact that your team hasn't played a single down against another real college team as yet? I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens on September 18 when they do.
At lest we have the balls to schedule some real teams in our first year. How many Top 25 FCS programs did southern schedule in their first season? What was your toughest opponent in your inaugural year -- Statesboro Police Academy?

SuperEagle
April 28th, 2010, 08:02 AM
For a fan whose team has been living in FCS mediocrity (at best) for the past 10 years, you sure seem to be eager to talk a lot of trash.
--
Mediocrity the past 10 years? Really? Let's look.
2000 - 13-2 National Champions
2001 - 12-2 Semi-Finals
2002 - 11-3 Semi-Finals
2003 - 7-4
2004 - 9-3 Playoffs
2005 - 8-4 Playoffs
2006 - 3-8
2007 - 7-4
2008 - 6-5
2009 - 5-6
--
so a record of 81-41 in that 10 yr span is considered mediocre in your eyes? Having 1 National title and 5 playoff appearances is medicore to you? So if ga state has 81 wins and a national title in 10 yrs you would say your program is mediocre?
Maybe if you would have went back only 4 years you could have had an argument. But since you went back 10 yrs to try and prove your point, it tells me you know absolutely nothing about football if you think GSU is mediocre.

Eaglesrus
April 28th, 2010, 08:05 AM
At lest we have the balls to schedule some real teams in our first year. How many Top 25 FCS programs did southern schedule in their first season? What was your toughest opponent in your inaugural year -- Statesboro Police Academy?

Yeah, somebody at Georgia Southern decided to let our young team have a chance to see what a winning season is like in their first year, while somebody at Georgia State decided to let their young team get beaten to a pulp; we'll see how that works out.

JMU2004
April 28th, 2010, 08:45 AM
AGS...I present you Saint. He has always acted like this...and I suggest you ignore him.

SouthernMan
April 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM
The only thing you hope for is that the herpes you brought back from the cesspool that is Statesboro doesn't flare up during your annual @$$kicking you get form just about every SoCon team for the past 10 years. For someone who spent 4+ years in the armpit of Georgia (otherwise known as Statesboro) to be calling an Olympic city a **** hole is just flat-out hilarious. I swear, the stuff you'll read on these boards...

See link:

http://origin.cdc.gov/std/stats08/surv2008-Complete.pdf

Hope that you do not reside in Fulton, Gwinnett, Cobb, or Dekalb....talk about cesspool.

Eaglesrus
April 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
AGS...I present you Saint. He has always acted like this...and I suggest you ignore him.

You're probably right, but it's just too much fun to bait him and see what he'll come up with next.

SaintDK10
April 28th, 2010, 05:00 PM
--
Mediocrity the past 10 years? Really? Let's look.
2000 - 13-2 National Champions
2001 - 12-2 Semi-Finals
2002 - 11-3 Semi-Finals
2003 - 7-4
2004 - 9-3 Playoffs
2005 - 8-4 Playoffs
2006 - 3-8
2007 - 7-4
2008 - 6-5
2009 - 5-6
--
so a record of 81-41 in that 10 yr span is considered mediocre in your eyes? Having 1 National title and 5 playoff appearances is medicore to you? So if ga state has 81 wins and a national title in 10 yrs you would say your program is mediocre?
Maybe if you would have went back only 4 years you could have had an argument. But since you went back 10 yrs to try and prove your point, it tells me you know absolutely nothing about football if you think GSU is mediocre.

See, only a southern fan would lack basic critical thinking skills to figure out that the loose "10 year" term is referring to the time period AFTER southern won its last championship. But hey, I understand, these days southern fans are all about splitting hairs and clinging to the glory days of old. But no matter how you slice it, dice it, or try to spin it, southern football has been on perennial decline. Since its last championship, southern has compiled 39 losses and made the playoffs less than 50% of the time. Yes, I would call that mediocre and certainly expect GSU will do better in the next 10 years as we kick off our inaugural season.

But here is my point. Southern's six championships are commendable, no doubt about it. But those championships are not going to help you in the present, as evident by the fact that the program has struggled to break the .500 mark lately. So for southern fans to be talking smack and talking down to GSU, a school that has four times the resources southern has, is unwise at best and completely idiotic at worst.

You keep making fun of Curry, but the guy brought in more FBS transfers to a start-up program than any other coach to date. Heck, half of our OL is made up of SEC and ACC players, including a guy that paved the way for the No. 2 rushing offense in the country -- you know, the offense you guys are trying to resurrect down in statesboro. And still, you guys come on our boards, talk junk about how you would wipe the field with us. You did the same thing with basketball, and then you got your teeth kicked in to the point where everyone at the GSU Sports Arena was wondering if there is a "Mercy Rule" in college basketball.

Why don't you southern fans give it a year or two before thumping your chest, or better yet, spend more time contacting your administration about scheduling a home-and-home with us in football like we did in basketball. The game at the Dome alone would be the highest attendance game in FCS, bar none.

SaintDK10
April 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, somebody at Georgia Southern decided to let our young team have a chance to see what a winning season is like in their first year, while somebody at Georgia State decided to let their young team get beaten to a pulp; we'll see how that works out.
Probably still better than the @$$kicking you got on the hardwood this year...

SaintDK10
April 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Are you the one I made cry on CAA Zone? And what exactly are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting arrested for rioting at Harrisonburg?

Hammer22
April 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Can't blame them though, they are in Statesboro after all. Besides cow tipping all they have is the hour and fifteen drive to the Macon Mall.

Southern's program is light years from where it used to be, but the fans keep holding onto the glory days. That's why the hire of Monken has seemed to be Godsend. xprayx

SuperEagle
April 28th, 2010, 10:09 PM
The only thing you hope for is that the herpes you brought back from the cesspool that is Statesboro doesn't flare up during your annual @$$kicking you get form just about every SoCon team for the past 10 years.
Very classy. Once again, I challenge you to actually learn a little bit about football before you spout off about how bad GSU is This may help.
http://www.amazon.com/Football-Dummies-Howie-Long/dp/0764550543
--
and I'll give you our SoCon record for the past 10 years so you can attempt to be educated.
--
00 - 7-1
01 - 7-1
02 - 7-1
03 - 5-3
04 - 6-1
05 - 5-2
06 - 2-5
07 - 4-3
08 - 4-4
09 - 4-4
--
so our 10 yr butt kickings we get produced a conference record of 51-25. Once again, FAIL on your part.

Hammer22
April 29th, 2010, 12:17 AM

00 - 7-1
01 - 7-1
02 - 7-1
03 - 5-3
04 - 6-1
05 - 5-2
06 - 2-5
07 - 4-3
08 - 4-4
09 - 4-4

Looks like the ship be sinking IMO. But, that what happens when you fire a coach w/ a winning record after 3 years.

Eaglesrus
April 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
You're probably right, but it's just too much fun to bait him and see what he'll come up with next.

See, only a southern fan would lack basic critical thinking skills to figure out that the loose "10 year" term is referring to the time period AFTER southern won its last championship. But hey, I understand, these days southern fans are all about splitting hairs and clinging to the glory days of old. But no matter how you slice it, dice it, or try to spin it, southern football has been on perennial decline. Since its last championship, southern has compiled 39 losses and made the playoffs less than 50% of the time. Yes, I would call that mediocre and certainly expect GSU will do better in the next 10 years as we kick off our inaugural season.

But here is my point. Southern's six championships are commendable, no doubt about it. But those championships are not going to help you in the present, as evident by the fact that the program has struggled to break the .500 mark lately. So for southern fans to be talking smack and talking down to GSU, a school that has four times the resources southern has, is unwise at best and completely idiotic at worst.

You keep making fun of Curry, but the guy brought in more FBS transfers to a start-up program than any other coach to date. Heck, half of our OL is made up of SEC and ACC players, including a guy that paved the way for the No. 2 rushing offense in the country -- you know, the offense you guys are trying to resurrect down in statesboro. And still, you guys come on our boards, talk junk about how you would wipe the field with us. You did the same thing with basketball, and then you got your teeth kicked in to the point where everyone at the GSU Sports Arena was wondering if there is a "Mercy Rule" in college basketball.

Why don't you southern fans give it a year or two before thumping your chest, or better yet, spend more time contacting your administration about scheduling a home-and-home with us in football like we did in basketball. The game at the Dome alone would be the highest attendance game in FCS, bar none.

I always enjoy being proven correct. Interesting that you took the time to add up those 39 losses, but conveniently failed to do so, or mention, the 68 wins during the same period. And here's a little surprise for you, the fact that you "certainly expect GSU (I'm assuming you are talking about GA State here) will do better in the next 10 years as we kick off our inaugural season" doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

You're bragging about your transfers? Perhaps you haven't been around and therefore don't know that almost every season there is a thread on this site about what school should be nicknamed Transfer U., and it isn't done in a complimentary or jealous tone, so beating your chest about that isn't going to win you a whole lot of points here.

Finally, GA Southern fans should hold off a couple of years? How about you hold off on telling us how great GA State football is until your team has accomplished something (actually I should say anything) on the field?

Hammer22
April 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Don't talk about not wanting transfers. Southern's STARTING qb for the upcoming fall is a transfer who is still on the GA Tech campus.

JMU2004
April 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Are you the one I made cry on CAA Zone? And what exactly are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting arrested for rioting at Harrisonburg?

haha

We must thank God for people like you. xlolx

Eaglesrus
April 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Don't talk about not wanting transfers. Southern's STARTING qb for the upcoming fall is a transfer who is still on the GA Tech campus.

Yep, happy to have Jaybo. Didn't say I mind us having a few, which is different than bragging about loading up the team with them.

SaintDK10
April 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Very classy. Once again, I challenge you to actually learn a little bit about football before you spout off about how bad GSU is This may help.
http://www.amazon.com/Football-Dummies-Howie-Long/dp/0764550543
--
and I'll give you our SoCon record for the past 10 years so you can attempt to be educated.
--
00 - 7-1
01 - 7-1
02 - 7-1
03 - 5-3
04 - 6-1
05 - 5-2
06 - 2-5
07 - 4-3
08 - 4-4
09 - 4-4
--
so our 10 yr butt kickings we get produced a conference record of 51-25. Once again, FAIL on your part.

Good one! Respond to my post by quoting a completely different post. Brilliant! Your fellow southern fan talks about murder, rape and robbery and you are lecturing ME about class?!

And chief, why don't you bother reading my previous post instead of regurgitating southern's record since 2000. They obviously don't teach the difference between positive vs. normative statements at southern, do they?

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM

DELLUSIONAL

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:08 PM

You are actually comparing today with the 1980's? What was our inaugural year chief it will be interesting if you really know.

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Good one! Respond to my post by quoting a completely different post. Brilliant! Your fellow southern fan talks about murder, rape and robbery and you are lecturing ME about class?!

And chief, why don't you bother reading my previous post instead of regurgitating southern's record since 2000. They obviously don't teach the difference between positive vs. normative statements at southern, do they?

Atlanta is one of the most dangerous cities in the entire country. That is a FACT, has nothing to do with class. You usually can not go a week without seeing yet another story about a Ga Tech or Ga State student getting robbed even ON CAMPUS. I know more about Atlanta than you will ever know. I have done research and completed real estate appraisals in areas you butt would not dare to go. Even folks I know that live in the "nice" areas of Atlanta have trouble with crime. Statesboro may be in the sticks but you would be nuts to want to change locations the way Atlanta is today.

SaintDK10
April 29th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I always enjoy being proven correct. Interesting that you took the time to add up those 39 losses, but conveniently failed to do so, or mention, the 68 wins during the same period. And here's a little surprise for you, the fact that you "certainly expect GSU (I'm assuming you are talking about GA State here) will do better in the next 10 years as we kick off our inaugural season" doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

You're bragging about your transfers? Perhaps you haven't been around and therefore don't know that almost every season there is a thread on this site about what school should be nicknamed Transfer U., and it isn't done in a complimentary or jealous tone, so beating your chest about that isn't going to win you a whole lot of points here.

Finally, GA Southern fans should hold off a couple of years? How about you hold off on telling us how great GA State football is until your team has accomplished something (actually I should say anything) on the field?

Yep, happy to have Jaybo. Didn't say I mind us having a few, which is different than bragging about loading up the team with them.

LMAO!!! So let me get this straight: when GSU gets transfers, it's called Transfer U, but when southern gets them, "it's ok to have a few." Love it! Tell me chief, did you major in Double Standards while at southern, because that would be about the only logical explanation for your backpedaling.

Even an 8-year old would figure out that a brand new program like GSU would have a decent amount of transfers in its first year so that the team is not comprised solely of freshmen. Any FCS team in the country would love to have the transfers we got coming in this year. You guys threw a pinata party on your message boards when Jaybo was announced. But when GSU gets two Tech players, it's nothing to brag about, right? Any more hypocritical insight you can give us? Please, we can't wait for you to drop some "knowledge" on us.

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
LMAO!!! So let me get this straight: when GSU gets transfers, it's called Transfer U, but when southern gets them, "it's ok to have a few." Love it! Tell me chief, did you major in Double Standards while at southern, because that would be about the only logical explanation for your backpedaling.

Even an 8-year old would figure out that a brand new program like GSU would have a decent amount of transfers in its first year so that the team is not comprised solely of freshmen. Any FCS team in the country would love to have the transfers we got coming in this year. You guys threw a pinata party on your message boards when Jaybo was announced. But when GSU gets two Tech players, it's nothing to brag about, right? Any more hypocritical insight you can give us? Please, we can't wait for you to drop some "knowledge" on us.

You are going to realize real quick that depending on A LOT of transfers is a losing bet. Every FCS team is going to have a few but you will never have a cohesive team bringing in as many as ga state is. Either way what makes you think Bill Curry's sorry but is going to be able to coach them up anyway? I guess that is another mediocre GT transfer for you.

SaintDK10
April 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Atlanta is one of the most dangerous cities in the entire country. That is a FACT, has nothing to do with class. You usually can not go a week without seeing yet another story about a Ga Tech or Ga State student getting robbed even ON CAMPUS. I know more about Atlanta than you will ever know. I have done research and completed real estate appraisals in areas you butt would not dare to go. Even folks I know that live in the "nice" areas of Atlanta have trouble with crime. Statesboro may be in the sticks but you would be nuts to want to change locations the way Atlanta is today.
Buddy, I'm a real estate broker, dealing almost exclusively with bank owned properties. If you've appraised enough REOs or did a few BPOs in Metro Atlanta in the past five years, chances are some of them were my properties. I know Atlanta like the palm of my hand, from 30315 all the way to 30005 and everything in between. Atlanta has problems just like any big urban city in this country. But for every Mechanicsville, there is also Buckhead. To call Atlanta a **** city just because it has bad areas is like calling New York **** city just because of Bronx. But then again, you seem like the type who would put that label, so this whole conversation is a mute point. If you want a prime example of your ignorance, look no further than my hometown, Lawrenceville, up in Gwinnett. It used to be a beautiful little city, and now it's a complete dump, infested with crime, and it's all the way up there in the burbs.

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Can't blame them though, they are in Statesboro after all. Besides cow tipping all they have is the hour and fifteen drive to the Macon Mall.

Southern's program is light years from where it used to be, but the fans keep holding onto the glory days. That's why the hire of Monken has seemed to be Godsend. xprayx

So funny! the ole played out rural jokes....how original. I guess cow tipping would beat bullet dodging, run from the robber, hide from the homeless crack head and watch out for the Atl PD they are just as bad as the criminals. Statesboro is obviously not metropolis but it has everything a metro atl city has. Also why would you want to drive all the way to Macon when Savannah is 30-40 minutes down 16. Get a clue and a map chief.

Eaglesrus
April 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
You are going to realize real quick that depending on A LOT of transfers is a losing bet. Every FCS team is going to have a few but you will never have a cohesive team bringing in as many as ga state is. Either way what makes you think Bill Curry's sorry but is going to be able to coach them up anyway? I guess that is another mediocre GT transfer for you.

Thanks for the assist JDC325, I guess reading comprehension just wasn't important in the classes that Saint took at GA State. As amusing as it's been I guess it's time for me to take JMU2004's advice and just ignore his ramblings.

JDC325
April 29th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Buddy, I'm a real estate broker, dealing almost exclusively with bank owned properties. If you've appraised enough REOs or did a few BPOs in Metro Atlanta in the past five years, chances are some of them were my properties. I know Atlanta like the palm of my hand, from 30315 all the way to 30005 and everything in between. Atlanta has problems just like any big urban city in this country. But for every Mechanicsville, there is also Buckhead. To call Atlanta a **** city just because it has bad areas is like calling New York **** city just because of Bronx. But then again, you seem like the type who would put that label, so this whole conversation is a mute point. If you want a prime example of your ignorance, look no further than my hometown, Lawrenceville, up in Gwinnett. It used to be a beautiful little city, and now it's a complete dump, infested with crime, and it's all the way up there in the burbs.

No chief check the crime stats there is a reason there are RANKINGS and Atl is near the top. Not every city is ran as poorly, has the deep level of corruption or is as dangerous as Atl. There is not a Buckhead for every Mechanicsville either not even close. As far as your REO listings, driving by and taking a listing photo is not near what an appraiser does. You being a real estate agent explains a lot. I would try and explain real technical real estate concepts to you but like with most agents it would be a total waste of time.

Hammer22
April 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM
There isn't a transfer that we have coming that G. Southern wouldn't take.

Talk about using same old country jokes, how about you all using the same old urban jokes. Every city has crime (even isolated Statesboro), and major cities have more crime. We get it. xnodxxnodx

Hammer22
April 29th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I know more about Atlanta than you will ever know. I have done research and completed real estate appraisals in areas you butt would not dare to go. Even folks I know that live in the "nice" areas of Atlanta have trouble with crime. Statesboro may be in the sticks but you would be nuts to want to change locations the way Atlanta is today.

What does this have to do w/ anything? xlolxxlolx We still could beat yall in football right now.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM
New video with more clips from the Spring game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kYJqUnz5U&feature=player_embedded

GATA
April 30th, 2010, 11:25 AM
What does this have to do w/ anything? xlolxxlolx We still could beat yall in football right now.

...this is pretty easy to say when your football program hasn't played a single game...ever.

It's like a guy who has never put on boxing gloves stating that he could beat Roy Jones Jr. right now...it's not even funny...it's just kinda lame.

GATA
April 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Wait...WTF? are you really bitching at a BRAND NEW FOOTBALL PROGRAM for having transfers? How the hell do you figure they field a team? With 100 freshmen on the roster?

What the hell are you two arguing about? This **** is pointless. Transfers are pretty much a necessity when your program has never played a single game...

GATA
April 30th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bill Curry is still my hero. He's adorable...he's just so pleasant.

Laserlips
April 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
FWIW:

Ref the wonderful world of Atlanta...

For every BUCKHEAD community, the city of ATLANTA has a BANKHEAD community, or more.... ;)

"Freaknik weekend" xprayx thy name is....

Scary to regular folks......

Jesse

SaintDK10
April 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM
So funny! the ole played out rural jokes....how original. I guess cow tipping would beat bullet dodging, run from the robber, hide from the homeless crack head and watch out for the Atl PD they are just as bad as the criminals. Statesboro is obviously not metropolis but it has everything a metro atl city has. Also why would you want to drive all the way to Macon when Savannah is 30-40 minutes down 16. Get a clue and a map chief.
LOL!!! My favorite post on AGS so far, bar none! Statesboro, the armpit of Georgia has everything to offer Atlanta has?! Boy, those meth lab fumes must be kicking in real hard right about now. I had no idea Statesboro has four pro franchises, over 50 major festivals, dozens of critically acclaimed restaurants, theme parks, aquariums, museums and world-renowned theaters. What's fine dining in Statesboro -- Golden Coral? LMAO!!!

No chief check the crime stats there is a reason there are RANKINGS and Atl is near the top. Not every city is ran as poorly, has the deep level of corruption or is as dangerous as Atl. There is not a Buckhead for every Mechanicsville either not even close. As far as your REO listings, driving by and taking a listing photo is not near what an appraiser does. You being a real estate agent explains a lot. I would try and explain real technical real estate concepts to you but like with most agents it would be a total waste of time.
I understand southern has graduated more illiterate inbreds than any school in the country, but I'll try this one more time. I am a BROKER, not an agent. I got my appraiser's license two years before becoming a broker. Not to mention the fact that I spent two years at ING's Real Estate Investment Division analyzing markets from San Diego to Buffalo. I've had more in-depth technical training in one month than you've had in your entire life. But please, don't get too "technical" with me with all the real estate concepts, LMAO!

If you want to see a really dangerous city, go to Detroit. Police corruption? You'll have field day in Chicago. Speaking of which, have you even ventured outside the state of Georgia in your lifetime, LOL? I swear, the stuff you'll read on these boards is just priceless.

GATA
April 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM
LOL!!! My favorite post on AGS so far, bar none! Statesboro, the armpit of Georgia has everything to offer Atlanta has?! Boy, those meth lab fumes must be kicking in real hard right about now. I had no idea Statesboro has four pro franchises, over 50 major festivals, dozens of critically acclaimed restaurants, theme parks, aquariums, museums and world-renowned theaters. What's fine dining in Statesboro -- Golden Coral? LMAO!!!

I understand southern has graduated more illiterate inbreds than any school in the country, but I'll try this one more time. I am a BROKER, not an agent. I got my appraiser's license two years before becoming a broker. Not to mention the fact that I spent two years at ING's Real Estate Investment Division analyzing markets from San Diego to Buffalo. I've had more in-depth technical training in one month than you've had in your entire life. But please, don't get too "technical" with me with all the real estate concepts, LMAO!

If you want to see a really dangerous city, go to Detroit. Police corruption? You'll have field day in Chicago. Speaking of which, have you even ventured outside the state of Georgia in your lifetime, LOL? I swear, the stuff you'll read on these boards is just priceless.

There's pretty much no reason to get in a pissing contest on a message board about your credentials:

1) nobody cares...even if you are telling the truth.
2) nobody can verify anything you claim...hell you could say you're Robert DeNiro...how the ***** would I know?

...not that I'm not impressed by your knowledge of the Real Estate business...but who are you trying to impress? I could easily claim that I'm a Saudi Arabian King...it's not like anybody can call me on it...or that they care.

You guys are arguing about nothing.

JMU2004
April 30th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Dude...xshhhx

you look more and more pathetic with every post. Seriously, did you just list your professional qualifications? Goodness.

You are act like a child on every single message board. Grow up

Hammer22
April 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I know more about Atlanta than you will ever know. I have done research and completed real estate appraisals in areas you butt would not dare to go.

Same goes for him b/c WHO CARES!!! GREAT JOB, I BELIEVE YOUxthumbsupx

Hammer22
April 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
...this is pretty easy to say when your football program hasn't played a single game...ever.

It's like a guy who has never put on boxing gloves stating that he could beat Roy Jones Jr. right now...it's not even funny...it's just kinda lame.

Southern's like Al Bundy talking about past football achievement to bring some sort of worth to its life... it's not even funny...it's just kinda lame.

SaintDK10
April 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
There's pretty much no reason to get in a pissing contest on a message board about your credentials:

1) nobody cares...even if you are telling the truth.
2) nobody can verify anything you claim...hell you could say you're Robert DeNiro...how the ***** would I know?

...not that I'm not impressed by your knowledge of the Real Estate business...but who are you trying to impress? I could easily claim that I'm a Saudi Arabian King...it's not like anybody can call me on it...or that they care.

You guys are arguing about nothing.
GATA, you are right about one thing: at this point we are arguing about nothing. This thread was about GSU's spring game and a couple of southern fans sabotaged it, lead by "Mr. Appraiser" who went on a murder/rape/robbery spiel. Add to that the fact that he claims to more know about the profession I devoted my professional life to, and I just couldn't resist. Either way, I'm putting it to rest as obviously this is going nowhere.

JMU2004, I find it amusing that you, of all people, would call someone pathetic. For the past six years, I have watched you troll every board imaginable in your sad attempts to cut down and badmouth GSU. It's really puzzling to me why someone would have such an unhealthy fixation toward our school, but whatever your insecurities are, I suggest you work it out with your shrink, and not on a public message board. Just my two cents.

GATA
May 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Southern's like Al Bundy talking about past football achievement to bring some sort of worth to its life... it's not even funny...it's just kinda lame.

Calm down Spaz...continuing to post nonsense isn't going to make Georgia State Football any more credible. You're not going to magically sprout wins, championships, or tradition because you talk about how awesome you think you're gonna be.

When GSU dominates the CAA and sets the world of FCS football on fire we'll all give you the props you deserve.

Hammer22
May 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
You're not going to magically sprout wins, championships, or tradition because you talk about how awesome you think you're gonna be.

xlolxxlolxxlolx This couldn't fit Southern morexnodxxnodxxnodx

GATA
May 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx This couldn't fit Southern morexnodxxnodxxnodx

...this doesn't even make any sense...

McNeese75
May 1st, 2010, 09:25 PM

xconfusedx uhhhhh, I hope the transfers you are referring to were not playing in the spring game. Looked a little weak to me xeyebrowx

JMU2004
May 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
GATA, you are right about one thing: at this point we are arguing about nothing. This thread was about GSU's spring game and a couple of southern fans sabotaged it, lead by "Mr. Appraiser" who went on a murder/rape/robbery spiel. Add to that the fact that he claims to more know about the profession I devoted my professional life to, and I just couldn't resist. Either way, I'm putting it to rest as obviously this is going nowhere.

JMU2004, I find it amusing that you, of all people, would call someone pathetic. For the past six years, I have watched you troll every board imaginable in your sad attempts to cut down and badmouth GSU. It's really puzzling to me why someone would have such an unhealthy fixation toward our school, but whatever your insecurities are, I suggest you work it out with your shrink, and not on a public message board. Just my two cents.

Nah...you just keep showing up everywhere. You are universally loathed....not just by me.

ericsaid
May 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
Honestly, the top teams in FCS right now would demolish this football team. The offense isn't fast big or strong enough. The defense is good but would be worn down and scored on a lot because of that.

Ga St. is a long way off from being good. Anyone can tell from watching that this team isn't too far off but they will be at the bottom for a few years.

Hammer22
May 4th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Honestly, the top teams in FCS right now would demolish this football team.

Thanks for enlightening us. I would have never guessed.

JDC325
May 7th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Reading comprehension is obviously not your best quality. I SAID A metro Atlanta city, NOT ATLANTA itself. Slow down take a breath.

Also, excluding Bulloch County, I believe GSU draws the majority of its student from the same counties ga state does.

You also might want to take a look at incoming freshman SAT scores. GSU passed ga state in 05 and the gap increased in 06 and 07. Cant find the latest numbers but I have a feeling it has not changed. Something tells me you had no clue about that. I guess those inbred rednecks have been doing some good book learning lately since the average SAT score rose every year from 1997 to 2007 and is well above the state, four year university and national average. ga commuter state is below the four year university average and actually went backwards in 2007.

Considering I spent four years in the rapid deployment unit in the Army, yes I have been outside of GA a few times. I been to most states and every continent but Asia. I am sure your trips to tourist traps is equivalent.

Pointing at a worse city does not make ATL any better chief. It is a cesspool of crime and corruption, just less than Detroit.

Wow you worked for ING, that to me is like the geniuses that worked a Goldman Sachs. So excuse me if I am not impressed.

JDC325
May 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Poor point it unable speak. Far be for me to be a message board grammar nazi but couldn't pass up correcting Mr. Full Of Himself.