PDA

View Full Version : Question for Furman fans

GA St. MBB Fan
April 4th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Georgia State basketball broadcaster Dave Cohen has been working with Furman football for 13 years now. Us Georgia State fans are all used to hearing him work basketball games, but what impressions do Furman fans have of his football broadcast and other shows?

In case y'all aren't sure of who I am talking about he is discussed in this press release:
http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071609aaa.html

OL FU
April 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Georgia State basketball broadcaster Dave Cohen has been working with Furman football for 13 years now. Us Georgia State fans are all used to hearing him work basketball games, but what impressions do Furman fans have of his football broadcast and other shows?

In case y'all aren't sure of who I am talking about he is discussed in this press release:
http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071609aaa.html

I wish I could tell you more. But my recollections are vague. I think he did mostly sideline stuff and may have handled the play by play some when FU was on TV and the regular play by play guy did TV. My vague recollection as that he did alright, but that might be because Husseins (sp) (FU's regular play by play guy) is absolutely horrific. :(

PaladinFan
April 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I wish I could tell you more. But my recollections are vague. I think he did mostly sideline stuff and may have handled the play by play some when FU was on TV and the regular play by play guy did TV. My vague recollection as that he did alright, but that might be because Husseins (sp) (FU's regular play by play guy) is absolutely horrific. :(

...."a hiiiigh flota"

ThompsonThe
April 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
FU has a broadcast of their games?

GA St. MBB Fan
April 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you Furman fans...like I said Dave Cohen does our basketball games and I'm pretty sure all of us Georgia State fans like his style...but I was just interested in his football stuff...so if you guys think of anything else please share.

OL FU
April 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
...."a hiiiigh flota"

xlolx I don't mind some of the cliches and even some that he invented but man listening to football games I have no idea what happened until the next play starts and he tells me the yard line the play is lined up on.xrotatehx