PDA

View Full Version : NDSU-UND football game remains on hold with schools at impasse

CSN Log
April 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM
04-01-2010 05:08 AM

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/04/01/ndsu-und-football-game-remains-on-hold-w?blog=2)

Thundar
April 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Another lame attempt by a Pro UND Fargo media outlet to stir the pot. HAppens EVERY yearxcoffeexxcoffeex

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2010, 09:02 AM
UND has many more open dates to fill and with their travel situation in the Great West and many OOC dates, they want to make the short trek to NDSU...

NDSU has eight games filled annually from conference with an FBS on the slate yearly. They want six home games as much as possible and are willing to have five if they were to get an ATTRACTIVE out of conference match-up. NDSU does not want to be handcuffed to UND, if they get can FCS powers...

Sorry UND, the argument you have and the finger pointing is lame...

NDB
April 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM
and yet we hear this crap again and again and......

there position of negotiation is non-existent. Any game against NDSU, at any time, is a net gain for them.

onbison09
April 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
UND has many more open dates to fill and with their travel situation in the Great West and many OOC dates, they want to make the short trek to NDSU...

NDSU has eight games filled annually from conference with an FBS on the slate yearly. They want six home games as much as possible and are willing to have five if they were to get an ATTRACTIVE out of conference match-up. NDSU does not want to be handcuffed to UND, if they get can FCS powers...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. C
April 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Another lame attempt by a Pro UND Fargo media outlet to stir the pot. HAppens EVERY yearxcoffeexxcoffeex

If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Kolpack, who wrote the article, covers NDSU on a regular basis. IMO, he has done a very fair job covering the Bison.

Mr. C
April 1st, 2010, 01:36 PM

I didn't see anyone pointing fingers from this article, they were just stating the two sides of the argument and saying they were at an impasse. There is nothing any more wrong about UND's demands than there is with NDSU's.

Thundar
April 1st, 2010, 01:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Kolpack, who wrote the article, covers NDSU on a regular basis. IMO, he has done a very fair job covering the Bison.

I'm thinking you don't know much about it.xcoffeex

Shockerman
April 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
UND needs to look in the mirror. I don't have a dog in this fight but UND Football needs NDSU football more than NDSU needs them. An every other year deal is the best way to do this and everyone saves face. If it is going to be an every year kind of thing than NDSU will surely demand the first two be at the Fargo Dome. Just start the contract, my guess is that once the schools start up the rivalry and remember how much fun it is to hate someone that much, it will become a yearly thing.

edit: Oh, aren't they trying to get into the Valley for football? Being a pan in the ass isn't exactly a good way to get a good rep as a potential conference mate.

Thundar
April 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM
UND needs to look in the mirror. I don't have a dog in this fight but UND Football needs NDSU football more than NDSU needs them. An every other year deal is the best way to do this and everyone saves face. If it is going to be an every year kind of thing than NDSU will surely demand the first two be at the Fargo Dome. Just start the contract, my guess is that once the schools start up the rivalry and remember how much fun it is to hate someone that much, it will become a yearly thing.

edit: Oh, aren't they trying to get into the Valley for football? Being a pan in the ass isn't exactly a good way to get a good rep as a potential conference mate.

I really don't understand who Fiason (UND AD) is taking marching orders from. NDSU has been in DI longer, are in a conference with 9 teams, and an AD that has been running the show for 10 years. What DI school in the world would give a DII transitioning to DI the upper hand in scheduling NONE simple as that. Fiason should have took the deal and eventually after a couple games are played things could be renegotiated. Its so stupid that even the new AD is being a jerk but they are trying to make it sound like Gene is the problemxbangx

JBB
April 2nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
If they get in the Valley it will be degraded.

Mr. C
April 2nd, 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm thinking you don't know much about it.xcoffeex

I have been a guest on Kolpack's radio show a number of times and all he has ever talked about with me is stuff related to NDSU football. I have also read a number of his articles through the years. He has always been favorable about the Bison in what I've read and talked to him about. This rivalry stuff gets out of hand and skewers objectivity too much of the time.

onbison09
April 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah Kolpack's fine IMO. He does a lot of stuff on the Bison Media Blog and the past 2 years has had live blogs from the games. I don't agree with him all of the time but that would be pretty sad for him if I did.

Thundar
April 2nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
I have been a guest on Kolpack's radio show a number of times and all he has ever talked about with me is stuff related to NDSU football. I have also read a number of his articles through the years. He has always been favorable about the Bison in what I've read and talked to him about. This rivalry stuff gets out of hand and skewers objectivity too much of the time.

I understand what your saying, but just because he writes many positive things about NDSU doesn't mean he isn't stirring the pot on this subject. EVERY year during the scheduling process this stupd subject gets brought up by the SAME people and Kolpack is the biggest Culprit this time.xcoolx

dmksioux
April 2nd, 2010, 12:54 PM

I will agree with this part of your post. There are many Sioux fans who also agree. Although the exact details of the contract offer haven't been released, if it's as simple as every other year rotating between Fargo and GF, then Faison needs to sign this contract...