PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Schedule of YOUR 2009 SWAC Football Champion Prairie View A&M Univ Panthers!

Panther88
March 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Event Date Location Description
Texas Southern 9/4/2010 Houston, Texas Labor Day Classic
Southern Mississippi 9/11/2010 Hattiesburg, Miss.
Alabama State 9/18/2010 Prairie View
Grambling State 9/25/2010 Dallas, Texas State Fair Classic
Mississippi Valley 10/2/2010 Itta Bena, Miss,
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 10/9/2010 Pine Bluff, Ark.
Lincoln 10/16/2010 Prairie View
Southern 10/23/2010 Shreveport, La.
Jackson State 10/30/2010 Jackson, Miss.
Alcorn State 11/13/2010 Prairie View
Alabama A&M 11/20/2010 Huntsville, Ala.

xhurrayx xbowx

Hella' nice schedule. 9-SWAC games + 2 OOC where 1 is FBS and the other is sub-D-I. PERFECT!!!!! xhurrayx

Panther88
March 25th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Don't everyone comment @ once. lol

Don't worry, we'll give university of southern pississippi the biz. :| And, if you find yourself on our schedule for 2011, we'll give your squad the biz as well.

17 of 22 starters return off of a 9-1 squad + 27 redshirts who were in wait last year from one of our better recruiting classes + 4 addt'l 3-star recruits who could potentially play this fall. It feels great to be a Panther. Join us. :)

UAalum72
March 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Don't everyone comment @ once. lol

And, if you find yourself on our schedule for 2011, we'll give your squad the biz as well.

OK ...

1. No schedule with a sub-D-I can be called "perfect"

2. I know having nine league games makes it tough, but playing NO FCS teams OOC makes it hard for any non-SWAC fans to get interested.

AppIAA
March 25th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Am I reading this right? Only 3 home games?

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Fairly common in the SWAC...

Their home attendance is relatively low, but they win the FCS Attendance Championship based on neutral site games that are credited to their conference...

slostang
March 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Their home attendance is relatively low, but they win the FCS Attendance Championship based on neutral site games that are credited to their conference...

And the rest of us wish we could have over 40,000+ attendance for a FCS vs FCS game neutral site or not.

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2010, 01:40 PM
And the rest of us wish we could have over 40,000+ attendance for a FCS vs FCS game neutral site or not.

No question...

But I do not think that many of the schools in FCS would appreciate having so few home games. There's some upset people over SHSU vs SFA taking place at Reliant Stadium, can't imagine if we had 2 or 3 games like that, with just one or two legitimate home games on campus...

SUjagTILLiDIE
March 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Before Katrina SU, jSU, or Gram's home attendence was never low. xsmhx

Big Al
March 25th, 2010, 07:27 PM

Note the two classics -- those are neutral site games that are pretty heavily attended (think 35k+), so they're better than home games revenue-wise.

Of course, I don't know what the heck those SWAC schools do with that revenue...

Panther88
March 25th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I guess others like the 4-5K for their home slates?

I like our schedule because it's a nice mix of FCS (9 games) + 1 FBS + 1 sub-D-I. :)

slostang
March 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM

I like our schedule because it's a nice mix of FCS (9 games) + 1 FBS + 1 sub-D-I. :)

Looks good. xthumbsupx

GAD
March 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM

Not true at all, Southern and Jackson State have each lead the nation in attendance multiple times. Jackson State still holds the record for the highest single season average; Alcorn, Grambling and Alabama State are usually in the top 25

TexasTerror
March 26th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Not true at all, Southern and Jackson State have each lead the nation in attendance multiple times. Jackson State still holds the record for the highest single season average; Alcorn, Grambling and Alabama State are usually in the top 25

My reasoning comes from the SLC and SoCon had better home attendance than the SWAC this year. This was the first year I looked at it and this was a down year for the SLC in attendance...

The SWAC surpassed both when neutral games were added.

mikebigg
March 26th, 2010, 04:06 PM

feel free to do the same... imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

ENVY is a four letter word!

mikebigg
March 26th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Note the two classics -- those are neutral site games that are pretty heavily attended (think 35k+), so they're better than home games revenue-wise.

Of course, I don't know what the heck those SWAC schools do with that revenue...

It goes to our General Fund...

mikebigg
March 26th, 2010, 04:08 PM

If your fanbase is happy, why sweat what others say. xcoffeex

Big Al
March 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
It goes to our General Fund...

I'll admit I don't know HBCU football very well but I always have viewed Southern and Grambling s being on somewhat of a different level.

For as well-supported and prominent the SWAC is, why are there teams like Mississippi Valley State that struggle to even put up 50% schollys? Or Prairie View's 10 game season last year?

Situations like that really hurt the overall credibility of the league. It's a shame because HBCU's have a unique history and, consequently, unique opportunities in the FCS world. Oftentimes, it seems to me, that the SWAC could be a real FBS-caliber league (and no, I don't mean Sun Belt-calibre) but there's lots of potential going for naught.

Panther88
March 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM
If your fanbase is happy, why sweat what others say. xcoffeex

U know this.