PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Stadium Corp. Meets Without Title Game On Horizon

CSN Log
March 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM
03-23-2010 07:56 PM

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/03/23/chattanooga-stadium-corp-meets-without-t?blog=2)

TexasTerror
March 24th, 2010, 08:27 PM
If Frisco does not keep the game after three years, I really think the game will continue to move around, instead of heading back to Chatty...

There's obviously several reasons the game is not in Chatty anymore and I think it will be tough for them to regain the game, especially if the same cities (if not more) get involved...

Mr. C
March 24th, 2010, 10:17 PM
If Frisco does not keep the game after three years, I really think the game will continue to move around, instead of heading back to Chatty...

There's obviously several reasons the game is not in Chatty anymore and I think it will be tough for them to regain the game, especially if the same cities (if not more) get involved...

For someone who has never even been to the game in Chattanooga, you seem to have a lot of opinions. If the game were to fail in Frisco, Chattanooga would do fine as a host once again. Chattanooga was one of the best sites ever for the game, second only to Huntington, W.V. in terms of putting the most butts in the stands on a consistent basis.

About the only thing the NCAA said as a negative about Chattanooga was that they felt it had reached something of a peak. The fact is there are not a whole lot of cities with an interest in the game that could do better than Chattanooga.

doolittledog
March 25th, 2010, 07:13 AM
It will all just depend on who puts bids in after the next 3 years. Frisco could sell out the next 3 years, plus make tons of money with sponsorships. If another city puts in a higher bid than Frisco, that city will likey get the championship game ahead of Frisco.

Pretty much any MLS stadium is the perfect size for an FCS championship game. There are plenty of FCS stadiums that fit the bill as well. It just takes an organizing committee with some money and enthusiasm to make the game a success.

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2010, 07:31 AM
For someone who has never even been to the game in Chattanooga, you seem to have a lot of opinions. If the game were to fail in Frisco, Chattanooga would do fine as a host once again. Chattanooga was one of the best sites ever for the game, second only to Huntington, W.V. in terms of putting the most butts in the stands on a consistent basis.

About the only thing the NCAA said as a negative about Chattanooga was that they felt it had reached something of a peak. The fact is there are not a whole lot of cities with an interest in the game that could do better than Chattanooga.

Mr. C,

Regardless if I had gone or not - it had flat-lined. You said it above, "it had reached something of a peak". There was no growth as far as attendance. There was nothing new, innovative happening that was taking to the game to a different level.

It was time to take it elsewhere... xviolinx