PDA

View Full Version : WCU extends Wagner's contract

The Cats
March 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM
WCU extends Wagner's contract

CULLOWHEE — The Western Carolina University board of trustees unanimously approved a one-year contract extension for Dennis Wagner, who recently turned down a position at the University of Kansas to remain as the Catamounts’ head football coach.

The board approved the contract extension as part of its quarterly meeting.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20100312/SPORTS/100312075

Wildcat80
March 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
He seems like a good guy. would love to see them get a few big wins in the socon.

appstate38
March 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Why only the one year extension???? Seems like he is moving in the right direction.... How about a better vote of confidence.

kdinva
March 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM
WCU extends Wagner's contract

CULLOWHEE — The Western Carolina University board of trustees unanimously approved a one-year contract extension for Dennis Wagner, who recently turned down a position at the University of Kansas to remain as the Catamounts’ head football coach.

The board approved the contract extension as part of its quarterly meeting.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20100312/SPORTS/100312075

Good for Coach Wagner:)...........I heard also that Sparky Woods was approached by an S.E.C. school to leave VMI.......he didn't.xsmileyclapx

The Cats
March 13th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Why only the one year extension????

If my memory is correct... he was given an initial 5 year contract.... he's now in the third year..... this will make for 6 years total..... sufficient time (I hope) to produce a winner.

Saint3333
March 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM
If my memory is correct... he was given an initial 5 year contract.... he's now in the third year..... this will make for 6 years total..... sufficient time (I hope) to produce a winner.

6 years gives him three years with seniors he has recruited. Not sure an extension was necessary with three years left on the contract though. 2-14 in the SoCon shouldn't warrant an extension, they probably could have waited at least another year.

appstate38
March 14th, 2010, 07:33 PM

Thanks Cats.... Didn't realize the length of the original contract... Fair Enough!xthumbsupx

catamount man
March 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
6 years gives him three years with seniors he has recruited. Not sure an extension was necessary with three years left on the contract though. 2-14 in the SoCon shouldn't warrant an extension, they probably could have waited at least another year.

Well I'm glad the WCU Board of Trustees doesn't need to contact you in their decision making Francis. Sheesh.......... xcoffeex

The Cats
March 20th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Well I'm glad the WCU Board of Trustees doesn't need to contact you in their decision making Francis. Sheesh.......... xcoffeex

How right you are!!!

Saint3333
March 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM

2-14 is 2-14 no spin necessary. Congrats on winning those two games coach here's another year to your contract... sheesh is right...

The Cats
March 21st, 2010, 10:00 AM
2-14 is 2-14 no spin necessary. Congrats on winning those two games coach here's another year to your contract... sheesh is right...

Yep, and in 2004, most of the appy fans wanted to fire Moore after a loss to WCU.

Too bad you didn't get your way !!!!

Saint3333
March 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Some not "most" wanted Moore out after winning 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 games from 2000 - 2004. I wasn't a vocal Moore cynic in 2004, but I do not blame those that were for wanting better results.

I was however a vocal Laney detractor and look at what that got ASU. 3 NCs, improved baseball, starting to turn basketball around, and the best facilities in the SoCon.

If you'd like to change the subject from granting extensions for below mediocre results I don't blame you.

The Cats
March 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM
WCU fans are happy with the extension..... why do you even care? Did anyone ask you for any money to support WCU athletics???? xbangx You have to pop in any time WCU is brought up on any board, are you obsessed with WCU?

Saint3333
March 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Don't give WCU that much credit... I also comment of Furman, GSU, Wofford, etc. Perhaps you see a trend there...

catamount man
March 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
the entire conference knew that whomever WCU was gonna hire was gonna have a long hard road so one think that as far as SoCon coaching stability goes, the conference would be happy for the extension. Guess Apps don't care. Again, why chime in....................it follows from one board to the next........to the next..........to the next...............

xbangx

The Cats
March 21st, 2010, 11:19 PM
Don't give WCU that much credit... I also comment of Furman, GSU, Wofford, etc. Perhaps you see a trend there...

Yep, I see a trend, another Mountaineer obsessed with WCU athletics or just obsessed with putting down WCU athletics. xnodx