Oct. 23 North Dakota#*
Oct. 30 St Francis
Nov. 6 @ South Dakota*
Nov. 13 UC Davis*

^ Hall of Fame game
# Homecoming game
* Great West Conference game

Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports&id=29891&article_id=91511

First I think the teams on the schedule are great, just the way the schedule is laid out is bad. 5 straight road games to 4 different states and 3 different times zones is just brutal. We have Fresno State to thank for that. They were first scheduled on Sept. 4 but moved the game to Oct. 2nd so they could play Cincinatti on National TV. Can not blame them, but it sure screwed our schedule. Before that Oct. 2 was a bye week and we would not of had more than 2 straight road games anywhere on the schedule. In today's local paper it said that Idaho State also bought out of a trip to SLO late to play Georgia. That is the second year in a row we have been screwed by Idaho State. Between the late move of the Fresno State game and Idaho State buying out of a trip to SLO, it left Cal Poly we little options.

MplsBison
March 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Traveling to Texas, Louisiana and Virginia non-conference.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

slostang
March 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Traveling to Texas, Louisiana and Virginia non-conference.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is life in the Great West. Have to schedule 7 non conference games and very few team out west.

T-Dog
March 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Sept. 18 @ Texas State
Sept. 25 @ McNeese State
Oct. 2 @ Fresno State
Oct. 9 @ Old Dominion
Oct. 16 @ Southern Utah*

I dare anyone to find a tougher stretch of schedule travel-wise. xeekx

aceinthehole
March 5th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Oct. 30 St Francis

Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports&id=29891&article_id=91511

Nice trip for the Red Flash!

slostang
March 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Maybe we can see Central Conn. State on the schedule in the future. You have a local player, QB Gunner Jesperson, on your team.

Libertine
March 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM

That road slate is just brutal. Competition aside, that's more than 12,000 straight-line miles just to complete the trip.

AggieFinn
March 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
REDRUM!!! REDRUM!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SfmklVhJFsWi4M:http://www.gonemovies.com/www/WanadooFilms/Thriller/ShiningDanny2.jpg

slostang
March 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
REDRUM!!! REDRUM!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SfmklVhJFsWi4M:http://www.gonemovies.com/www/WanadooFilms/Thriller/ShiningDanny2.jpg

Classic Finn. I hear they have great burgers. xsmiley_wix

AggieFinn
March 5th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Classic Finn. I here they have great burgers.

Indeed.

bonarae
March 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I just really hope the Ivies should follow Cal Poly's direction: scheduling Southern teams and on the road as well.

slostang
March 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I just really hope the Ivies should follow Cal Poly's direction: scheduling Southern teams and on the road as well.

I love the trips to Texas State, McNeese State and Old Dominion. I just wished they were spread out through the season more.

Grizo406
March 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
9 October looks like a pretty good game.

That one should be interesting!

slostang
March 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM
9 October looks like a pretty good game.

That one should be interesting!

I would have thought that you would really be interested in the game on Sept. 11th. I think that it will another classic.

WestCoastAggie
March 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM

ODU should be a cakewalk.

Franks Tanks
March 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM

Dont hold your breath.

Syntax Error
March 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I would have thought that you would really be interested in the game on Sept. 11th. I think that it will another classic.

gotta think you are right slostang

ODU12thMan
March 7th, 2010, 09:34 PM
ODU should be a cakewalk.
Cake-walk?!?! Let me see if I get this straight. Your travel-worn team flies into a hornet's nest of 20,000 to face a hungry and talented Monarch team and you think it is a cake-walk? Enjoy your long and quiet flight home after your "shocking and unexpected" loss. Stick to the west coast next time when you need a schedule substitute.

Franks Tanks
March 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cake-walk?!?! Let me see if I get this straight. Your travel-worn team flies into a hornet's nest of 20,000 to face a hungry and talented Monarch team and you think it is a cake-walk? Enjoy your long and quiet flight home after your "shocking and unexpected" loss. Stick to the west coast next time when you need a schedule substitute.

ODU still hasnt done anything. You have tons of potential and talent, but you have to do more than beat D-II teams and Georgetown to talk smack.

Poly will be favorites.

Go Poly
March 7th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Actually I am concerned my beloved Mustangs will think it is a cake walk and possibly fall on their collective swords! The traveling and looking beyond this game could really hurt them.

DFW HOYA
March 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM

To the Ivies, Princeton is a southern team.

Harvard has traveled south of the Mason-Dixon line just three times since 1947, all to W&M. Its last trip west of Pennsylvania was in 1949.

slostang
March 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM

ODU12thMan, just so you know WestCoastAggie is not a Cal Poly fan. I think most Cal Poly fans are excited about this game and hope it may bring ODU out to San Luis Obispo some time in the future. I know it is not a home and home, but maybe it will lead to one in the future. I do not know if ODU has any California kids on their roster, but if they do not a bad trip for recruiting.

I think this will be a tough game for Cal Poly. Cross country games always are. Add to that I think ODU has some very good talent and a definate home field advantage with 20,000 fans. On top of all that it is our four straight away game including three different time zones.

I'll be there and can not wait.

Proud Griz Man
March 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM

It should be a good time in SLO !!! xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

Mustangs versus Griz are usually physical battles, well-played, and close contests.