PDA

View Full Version : FCS 2010 Video Preview Question...

FootballCEO
March 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Good Afternoon AGS and FCS Fans!!!

It's never to early to talk college football and we're starting to plan for our FCS Season Preview Videos that will be out Early June.. Just wanted to get some advice from you guys... What are some things you would want to see in a video preview of the teams?

smcwildcat
March 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM
the top conferences and the teams that will be in the hunt to win them...also mention top returining players and recruting classes

Grizzaholic
March 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Just show a highlight reel of the CAA and do some interviews on how they will get 7 teams into the playoffs this year.

I would consult with 89Hen.

Yup, that about does it.xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
March 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Well, I'd like to see a nice video on why it is critically important for "www.footballgameplan.com" to continue to relegate FCS members homogeneously as "small colleges" (whatever that means) and to employ the second class-sounding "I-AA" label.

After that, you should spend the rest of the season focused on the CAA, of course. Meantime, the rest of us will just play football.

DFW HOYA
March 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
What are some things you would want to see in a video preview of the teams?

1. Something that isn't just App State, Montana, and Villanova, and "the rest".

2. Conference previews that cover all the conferences, not just the top four.

3. Do your homework. Know the teams that lost a lot to graduation, the teams that are changing coaches, and the teams that aren't going to contend regardless.

FootballCEO
March 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
the top conferences and the teams that will be in the hunt to win them...also mention top returining players and recruting classes

Consider it done! Thanks!

1. Something that isn't just App State, Montana, and Villanova, and "the rest".

2. Conference previews that cover all the conferences, not just the top four.

3. Do your homework. Know the teams that lost a lot to graduation, the teams that are changing coaches, and the teams that aren't going to contend regardless.

This is a MUST! We want to give EVERY conference equal coverage! Thanks chief!

Well, I'd like to see a nice video on why it is critically important for "www.footballgameplan.com" to continue to relegate FCS members homogeneously as "small colleges" (whatever that means) and to employ the second class-sounding "I-AA" label.

After that, you should spend the rest of the season focused on the CAA, of course. Meantime, the rest of us will just play football.

Its tough to find the right name... Especially when you cover D-1 to Juco... What would you suggest?

Just show a highlight reel of the CAA and do some interviews on how they will get 7 teams into the playoffs this year.

LOL!

danefan
March 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Its tough to find the right name... Especially when you cover D-1 to Juco... What would you suggest?

Pretty easy to use the official names

Division I FBS - easily shortened to FBS or DI FBS
Division I FCS - easily shortened to FCS or DI FCS
Division II - DII
Division III - DIII
JUCO
NAIA

I understand if you guys feel the need reference the old monikers since there are a lot of people that still don't know the FBS/FCS names.

If that's the case then I'd suggest something like this:

DI FBS (fka I-A)
DI FCS (fka I-AA)

Bogus Megapardus
March 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM

"Division I" or "DI" is appropriate and correct. If there is an editorial need to subcategorize Division I, use "FBS" and "FCS." "BCS" is not an NCAA subcategory; it is used by ESPN reporters because they are paid to do so. Depends if you want a site about college football, or a site about speculation over which big money football factory will be purchasing which "brought-to-you-by bowl bid" this year.

Some FCS members are "small colleges" but a great many are not. Some FBS members are "small colleges," too. Are you referring to the size of the institution, or the perceived quality of play? The label is a little misleading.

You might also try looking at NFL rosters and comparing how many players came from FBS schools and how many came from FCS schools. The numbers might surprise you into abandoning the "small college" appellation.

Finally, "NCAA Division I Football Tournament" is a correct name for the end-of-season playoffs. There is no longer any such thing as "I-AA" and the label is not likely to return.

andy7171
March 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM

xoutofrepx

xhurrayx

FootballCEO
March 2nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
"Division I" or "DI" is appropriate and correct. If there is an editorial need to subcategorize Division I, use "FBS" and "FCS." "BCS" is not an NCAA subcategory; it is used by ESPN reporters because they are paid to do so. Depends if you want a site about college football, or a site about speculation over which big money football factory will be purchasing which "brought-to-you-by bowl bid" this year.

Some FCS members are "small colleges" but a great many are not. Some FBS members are "small colleges," too. Are you referring to the size of the institution, or the perceived quality of play? The label is a little misleading.

You might also try looking at NFL rosters and comparing how many players came from FBS schools and how many came from FCS schools. The numbers might surprise you into abandoning the "small college" appellation.

Finally, "NCAA Division I Football Tournament" is a correct name for the end-of-season playoffs. There is no longer any such thing as "I-AA" and the label is not likely to return.

Pretty easy to use the official names

Division I FBS - easily shortened to FBS or DI FBS
Division I FCS - easily shortened to FCS or DI FCS
Division II - DII
Division III - DIII
JUCO
NAIA

I understand if you guys feel the need reference the old monikers since there are a lot of people that still don't know the FBS/FCS names.

If that's the case then I'd suggest something like this:

DI FBS (fka I-A)
DI FCS (fka I-AA)

Thanks Guys xsmileyclapx

Truth be told.. when we started this back in 2007.. I hated the term 'small colleges'...but was out voted.. I wanted to lump everything into College Football and/or have separate tabs for each... Then I asked a close friend of mine who played at Millsaps (D3), did he feel offended by the term...he was like 'Nope..it makes it stand out'.. I said alright..if you say so.. I played at UL-Lafayette and I didn't too much care when people referred to us as Small school even though we're D-1 and have the 2nd largest enrollment in the state of LA..

So...with all that said.. I see ya'll point and you'll see the changes asap!xthumbsupx

Thanks again guys! Keep the suggestions coming