PDA

View Full Version : FRISCO CITY:THE IRONY OF IT ALL....

blazrdog#1
March 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM
Anybody else noticed that we are playing American Football ( a national championship game at that) in a futbol(soccer) facility?!xrotatehxxrotatehxxoopsxxoopsx

TexasTerror
March 1st, 2010, 10:31 AM
FYI...this is not too surprising.

Finley Stadium is home to Chattanooga FC of the NPSL.

89Hen
March 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
FYI...this is not too surprising.

Finley Stadium is home to Chattanooga FC of the NPSL.
Nice spin TT. Finley was built for our NC game. They probably also have concerts at Finley too.

bluehenbillk
March 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM
Let it go 89, let it go, the war is over.

putter
March 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
funny how people are talking about doomsday without seeing what will actually be put together by Frisco. Don't like it? Fine but no one here has any idea how it will turn out so lets give these people, who put a lot of work into the proposal, the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

ngineer
March 1st, 2010, 12:57 PM
It's a 3 year contract I undestand, so hopefully they it the ground running, and don't spend the first year 'figuring it out'...

GOODY26
March 1st, 2010, 01:05 PM
http://www.stadiumguide.com/pizzahutpark1.jpg

PIZZA HUT PARK, FRISCO, TX. SEATING--21,200

89Hen
March 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
funny how people are talking about doomsday

Almost as funny as your hyperbole.

ngineer
March 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.stadiumguide.com/pizzahutpark1.jpg

PIZZA HUT PARK, FRISCO, TX. SEATING--21,200

Do the attendees get toppings???

whoanellie
March 2nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
"Chant":::: Meat!!!!!!, Lovers!!!!!! Meat!!!!!! Lovers!!!!!!

putter
March 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Almost as funny as your hyperbole.

you laughed too, Hen?

Bogus Megapardus
March 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
I've never been to Frisco, Texas, but I'm sure it's populated with hospitable, well-meaning people. It's just that I wretch at the notion of sending two teams from among us - who have toiled so long and sacrificed so much - to perform at a thing called "Pizza Hut Park." It's so demeaning and so trite. I'm still shocked that anyone connected with the NCAA could possibly approve of such a thing, regardless of any other positive attributes the venue might hold.

danefan
March 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
I've never been to Frisco, Texas, but I'm sure it's populated with hospitable, well-meaning people. It's just that I wretch at the notion of sending two teams from among us - who have toiled so long and sacrificed so much - to perform at a thing called "Pizza Hut Park." It's so demeaning and so trite. I'm still shocked that anyone connected with the NCAA could possibly approve of such a thing, regardless of any other positive attributes the venue might hold.

Uhhhh.....what?

its a corproate sponsorship. Is Land Shark Stadium, Ford Field or University of Phoenix Stadium somehow better?

I mean what's really the difference between a stadium named after a couple guys that donated a ton of money (Finley and Davenport) and a stadium named after a corproation that donated a bunch of money (Pizza Hut)?

Bogus Megapardus
March 2nd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Uhhhh.....what?

its a corproate sponsorship. Is Land Shark Stadium, Ford Field or University of Phoenix Stadium somehow better?

I mean what's really the difference between a stadium named after a couple guys that donated a ton of money (Finley and Davenport) and a stadium named after a corproation that donated a bunch of money (Pizza Hut)?

Land Shark and University of Phoenix are as bad if not worse. The latter is national joke; one can even sense the hesitancy in sports announcers voices in simply uttering the name. Thankfully no one here will be playing in those places. Mercifully, "Land Shark Stadium" now has ceased existence.

danefan
March 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
Land Shark and University of Phoenix are as bad if not worse. The latter is national joke; one can even sense the hesitancy in sports announcers voices in simply uttering the name. Thankfully no one here will be playing in those places.

Well at least your opinion is consistent.
So you prefer just to have all stadiums named after rich dead men?

And BTW, not one single player or coach that makes the NC game will give one iota about the name on the stadium.

ThompsonThe
March 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
The NCAA, like so many companies today, probably "outsourced" the decision. Actual decision was probably made by a guy in India calling himself Fred.

UAalum72
March 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Been going on at least since Cubs Park was renamed for the chewing gum guy in 1926,

89Hen
March 3rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
I really don't give a rats arse about the name of the stadium, but are you serious?

danefan
March 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
I really don't give a rats arse about the name of the stadium, but are you serious?

Call it what you want. Donated or paid for their name on the building, etc......Pizza Hut gave money to the stadium the same way the rich dead guys give money to a stadium. Perhaps the rich dead guy's intentions were different, but the results are the same.

They both got their names on the stadium and none of the players or coaches give a crap about what it is.

89Hen
March 3rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Perhaps the rich dead guy's intentions were different, but the results are the same.
An alumnus giving money to the school and a corporation buying naming rights is a big difference IMO. When Pizza Hut pulls their money after a couple years it will be Southwest Airlines Park or Lowe's Park...

Bogus Megapardus
March 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
An alumnus giving money to the school and a corporation buying naming rights is a big difference IMO. When Pizza Hut pulls their money after a couple years it will be Southwest Airlines Park or Lowe's Park...

Or, in some cases the stadium is named for a revered, long-time coach who is still alive, and it is then given a down-to-earth, instantly-recognizable nickname in his honor by the team's many fans . . . xthumbsupx

CopperCat
March 3rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
Let it go 89, let it go, the war is over.

Wrong war. And according to some, it is not over.

Col Hogan
March 3rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
Wrong war. And according to some, it is not over.

If it isn't over, a three year armistice is in effect, cause we're all goin' ta Frisco, buckeroos...xnodx

ngineer
March 3rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
Anybody else noticed that we are playing American Football ( a national championship game at that) in a futbol(soccer) facility?!xrotatehxxrotatehxxoopsxxoopsx

Maybe the announcers will yell GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!:D

Bogus Megapardus
March 4th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Maybe the announcers will yell GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!:D

I'm expecting "olé, olé, olé." Sausage, or pepperoni?

AppMan
March 4th, 2010, 06:23 AM
you laughed too, Hen?

Wish we could ship back all the left coasters who happened to find their way down South.

katstrapper
March 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM
The majority of people on here bi*%$ing about PIZZA HUT PARK wont even set foot in the place because your teams will not sniff the Natl Championship game, including my team. Sooo, what does it matter. I saw people on here bi$%@ing about the stadium in Chatty too.

The game needed a change of venue for once. I applaud Frisco for landing the gig.xhurrayx

Bogus Megapardus
March 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
The majority of people on here bi*%$ing about PIZZA HUT PARK wont even set foot in the place because your teams will not sniff the Natl Championship game

Indeed, the vast majority. Only two teams will be there, by my count. I'd rather see it at the Yale Bowl or at The Tub, but that's a different story altogether.

Rekdiver
March 12th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I googled "nightlife" and Frisco and it said: "No results found"

Uncle Buck
March 12th, 2010, 11:25 AM
It's good looking venue IMO. Not sure what the town has to offer, but i think it's a decent looking place. Hopefully they can host a great game.

McNeese72
March 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I googled "nightlife" and Frisco and it said: "No results found"

I'm sure there is none in Dallas or Plano, too. xrolleyesx

Doc

Uncle Buck
March 14th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I just want to go and find some good barbecue!

Col Hogan
March 15th, 2010, 09:48 AM
The game needed a change of venue for once. I applaud Frisco for landing the gig.xhurrayx

Why did it need a change of venue???

The College World Series has been in the same venue since the 1950's and has signed on for another 35 years in the same venue...

I'm not saying you're wrong...just want to know why you think this change was necessary???

UCABEARS75
March 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I just want to go and find some good barbecue!

Might not be that easy in Texas.

Better off going with Tex-Mex.

DFW HOYA
March 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Might not be that easy in Texas.

Better off going with Tex-Mex.

The barbecue is better in central Texas but the n
North Texas product isn't bad at all.

What people ought to understand is that Frisco is more of a suburban planned community (think Columbia MD or Cary NC) so nightlife is a little more reserve by nature.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
When I think of barbeque in Texas, I think beef brisket rather than the pulled pork butt or pork ribs like I do in much of the South. And I think of grilled steak and of course Tex-Mex, especially Fajitas!!!!

I think it has been over 15 years since I've been in Texas. Need a reason to return soon!! ;) Hope they add an all-star game or something substantial to the championship game to give hard core FCS fans added incentive and cost justification to attend. If my school isn't playing, then an all star game that might include players from my league and region would give me more reason to make the trek. xtwocentsx

Rekdiver
March 15th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry boys, the real BBQ in in North Carolina...........

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Love me some Eastern NC Style BBQ!!! Some how, some way I have a meal of it when I drive to/from FLA!

Do you folks "out West" have a different style? Use a different sauce? OK, I'm going off on a tangent which sounds like a thread for the Lounge!! xlolx

putter
March 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Why did it need a change of venue???

The College World Series has been in the same venue since the 1950's and has signed on for another 35 years in the same venue...

I'm not saying you're wrong...just want to know why you think this change was necessary???

The WS makes money and is very well attended. The fact that the NCAA even bid it out was a sign they weren't happy with the result (financially) that 'Nooga was getting. Not necessarily their fault, but it is what it is.

katstrapper
March 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM

Corn beef brisket is not bbq. Good bbq you dont need sauce.

Come to Central and Southeast Texas, will slap some bbq on you!!

DFW HOYA
March 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Amen! Put the championship game in Lockhart or Luling and they'd never go back...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Don't think anyone mentioned corned beef brisket other than in a St. Patrick's Day thread? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx I sure do recall BBQ beef brisket being a big deal on multiple visits to Texas. Actually the same cut of beef as St. Pat's corned beef but that's the only thing in common. Please go to the Lounge and add what is your regional BBQ in Central and SE Texas to the thread I started.

Col Hogan
March 15th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Amen! Put the championship game in Lockhart or Luling and they'd never go back...

http://www.alessioproietti.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/drooling-homer.gif

McNeese75
March 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Just don't take your wife to Luling and let her loose in Buc-ees xlolx (you will go home with a a ton of stuff you never knew you needed)