PDA

View Full Version : Two FCS ADs in Mix for Rice Job

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2010, 07:02 AM
FYI, especially for those of you at Illinois State...

NCAA sources told FOX 26 three of the candidates are: Florida Atlantic director of athletics Craig Angelos, Sam Houston State athletics director Bobby Williams, Jr. and Dr. Sheahon Zenger, athletics director at Illinois State.

Rice has already said David Sayler, the Owls' acting director of athletics, is a candidate for the job on a permanent basis.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100227-rices-search-for-ad-picks-up-steam

Go...gate
February 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM
They can have Dave Roach of Colgate if they want him. xpissedx

TexasTerror
March 1st, 2010, 07:22 AM
Another article includes...

The same persons with knowledge of the situation also said other candidates include UCLA senior associate athletic director for external relations Russ Bjork, who was a finalist for the recent AD opening at UNLV, Buffalo athletic director Warde Houston, St. Louis athletic director Chris May, who would be an interesting choice since the Bilikens do not play football, and Bowling Green athletic director Greg Christopher.

Ivytalk
March 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
I think the Owls will stay in-house and give the job to Sayler.

DFW HOYA
March 1st, 2010, 08:10 AM
St. Louis athletic director Chris May, who would be an interesting choice since the Bilikens do not play football...

The writer did not do his homework. May was at Colorado for 22 years.

Good for Rice that they have candidates. Georgetown's AD left last April and they're still conducting the search.

Redbird Ray
March 1st, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yeah we in Redbird Country are aware. I hope Zenger stays, but I can definitely understand why he would leave. We'll see.

:(