PDA

View Full Version : Another Opponent Off 2010 Schedule?

DFW HOYA
February 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Unconfirmed, but the Holy Cross message board is reporting Howard will end its series with Georgetown to play the Crusaders instead.

Are there any other teams fishing for two open dates this late in the off-season?

WyomingGrizFan
February 27th, 2010, 11:32 PM
If you're willing to travel, break even on expenses, give the Griz a call. I'd love it if we dropped the Division II Western State game; nothing against Western State personally but, come on. This is the 21st century, right? Geez.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Unconfirmed, but the Holy Cross message board is reporting Howard will end its series with Georgetown to play the Crusaders instead.

Are there any other teams fishing for two open dates this late in the off-season?

Could this be true? What a slap in the face to Georgetown if so.

Bogus Megapardus
February 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Could this be true? What a slap in the face to Georgetown if so.

I could see this becoming a PL league office issue.

colorless raider
February 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I could see this becoming a PL league office issue.

I couldn't agree more. Let's see if the Commissioner can solve this one.

breezy
February 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I have no information, but I think it should be noted that:

HC is reported to be in discussions with Howard about scheduling a 2010 game at Fitton Field to replace the home game HC lost when Northeastern dropped football.

Howard played Rutgers last year and Howard is not on the officially-announced Rutgers 2010 schedule.

Nothing has been said about Howard dropping Georgetown.

It is entirely possible that Howard will play both HC and Georgetown in 2010.

Any discussion about a "slap in the face to Georgetown" or a "league issue" is premature.

DFW HOYA
February 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I don't see HC at fault in this, but these open dates grow tiresome for a program which has been getting a lot of sand kicked in its face of late.

WestCoastAggie
February 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I have no information, but I think it should be noted that:

HC is reported to be in discussions with Howard about scheduling a 2010 game at Fitton Field to replace the home game HC lost when Northeastern dropped football.

Howard played Rutgers last year and Howard is not on the officially-announced Rutgers 2010 schedule.

Nothing has been said about Howard dropping Georgetown.

It is entirely possible that Howard will play both HC and Georgetown in 2010.

Any discussion about a "slap in the face to Georgetown" or a "league issue" is premature.

The Bison already have a game lined up with the Paladins in 2010. The Bison would have a very interesting schedule if this is true. xchinscratchx

Seawolf97
February 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
If the game is 9/11 and you want to travel to Long Island -glad to have you. We play D2 AIC
in place of the Hofstra game we will never have. I dont think FBS programs have this problem of schools dropping football in or out of conference. Such is life in FCS.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/football.htm

Just as it looked as the 2010 schedule had taken hold, Wagner College has announced its 2010 and 2011 schedules, which includes a two year series with the Hoyas. Ironically, Wagner also has added Richmond, which dropped its series with georgetown late last year. The Seahwaks, which compete in the 40-scholarship Northeast Conference, were 6-5 in the NEC last year.

The Oct. 9, 2010 game, listed at Georgetown, now conflicts with a prior date at Fordham. The Sep. 3, 2011 game at Staten Island conflicts with a prior home date with Davidson. To accommodate Fordham, it is possible that either Davidson or Marist will be moved off the schedule, but this schedule remains as tentative until announced.

The date of Sept. 25 has been confirmed as the date of the 71st Homecoming game, which is still scheduled for Holy Cross until further notice.

Looks like Lehigh moved their bye week to accommodate Fordham and Georgetown:

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/release.asp?release_id=8899

Lehigh Athletics has announced an adjustment to its 2010 football schedule. Lehigh’s contest versus Fordham, scheduled for Saturday, October 2 inside Goodman Stadium has been moved to Saturday, October 9. The game will still take place inside Goodman Stadium. With the game between the Mountain Hawks and Rams moving to the following week, Lehigh’s open date will take place on October 2. Lehigh adjusted its 2010 schedule in order to assist a league member institution in their effort to finalize their scheduling for the upcoming season.

So, does G'Town have 11 games now, filling the schedule with Wagner and NDSU? If so, the athletic department deserves some sort of award for pulling this all together. Unless they still have 10 games, which is possible.

(MEAC, take note! :P )

CFBfan
March 23rd, 2010, 02:44 PM

So, does G'Town have 11 games now, filling the schedule with Wagner and NDSU? If so, the athletic department deserves some sort of award for pulling this all together. Unless they still have 10 games, which is possible.

on the GU Board they also have Sacred Heart, if all this (SH, Wagner & NDSU) is accurate they actualy have 12 gameswith Fordham showing as a TBD.......something has to change. Seems like they would be nest served by NOT going to Fargo!

UNHWildCats
March 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM

Until official word comes on the staus of the Davidson and Marist games they actually have 12 games listed.

UNHWildCats
March 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
OK assuming the NDSU game happens Georgetown has to drop either Davidson or Marist. For now I have the GT/Laf game scheduled for Sep 11 and Lafayette would have a week 1 bye. If GT plays Marist that game would be on Nov 20 and GT and Laf can play Sept 4 to avoid a week 1 bye. If GT plays Davidson that game would be on Sep 4 and the GT/Laf game would be on Sept 11.

This is my latest working of the complete schedule for the Patriot League based on what we know.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-schedules/2010-fcs-football-schedules/patriot-league-2010-schedules/

jimbo65
March 24th, 2010, 07:28 AM
If you're willing to travel, break even on expenses, give the Griz a call. I'd love it if we dropped the Division II Western State game; nothing against Western State personally but, come on. This is the 21st century, right? Geez.
Gtown will only consider coming if you include hospitalization coverage. They'll need it.

CFBfan
March 24th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Gtown will only consider coming if you include hospitalization coverage. They'll need it.

nice cheap shot Jimbo but I would argue that your players aren't much different or better than GU's. It's the GU coaches that consistently fail to out the talent they have in the best position to compete and win....

jimbo65
March 24th, 2010, 10:10 AM
nice cheap shot Jimbo but I would argue that your players aren't much different or better than GU's. It's the GU coaches that consistently fail to out the talent they have in the best position to compete and win....
Relax, I forgot to put a wink icon on the post. The Rams are not a national power but have had two playoff appearances in the last 10 years and one post season victory.

IMO right now, there is a considerable difference in the squads i.e., fball is the reciprocal of Ram v Hoya bball. Our fball team came close to defeating Gtown by as many points as Gtown bball defeated Fordham in their last encounter.

Presently Fordham bball & Gtown fball are horrible. IMO, the difference is that bball can be turned around with a few good acquisitions. Fball takes much more.

CFBfan
March 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Relax, I forgot to put a wink icon on the post. The Rams are not a national power but have had two playoff appearances in the last 10 years and one post season victory.

IMO right now, there is a considerable difference in the squads i.e., fball is the reciprocal of Ram v Hoya bball. Our fball team came close to defeating Gtown by as many points as Gtown bball defeated Fordham in their last encounter.

Presently Fordham bball & Gtown fball are horrible. IMO, the difference is that bball can be turned around with a few good acquisitions. Fball takes much more.

no worries, just pointing the incompetence of the GU staff

Bogus Megapardus
March 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
DFW & CFBfan have a master strategy to try to embarrass and humiliate Hoya decision makers into action, I believe.

CFBfan
March 24th, 2010, 11:07 AM
DFW & CFBfan have a master strategy to try to embarrass and humiliate Hoya decision makers into action, I believe.

xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
March 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Beating the drum over these issues is not an attempt to embarrass anyone.

If CFB wants to take on the competence of the staff that's his call, but I make it a point not to get into personal issues with staff or players. There's not much anonymity in my posts at GU so I choose to err on the side of discretion.

WestCoastAggie
March 24th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Besides that Del. St. fiasco, WE DON'T HAVE THOSE ISSUES. xwhistlex

CFBfan
March 24th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Beating the drum over these issues is not an attempt to embarrass anyone.

If CFB wants to take on the competence of the staff that's his call, but I make it a point not to get into personal issues with staff or players. There's not much anonymity in my posts at GU so I choose to err on the side of discretion.

I appreciate your position. I never have and never will comment negatively on a player, in fact just the opposite!
The fault of a program that's down NEVER falls on the players

LBPop
March 24th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I can assure you that DFW is amazingly restrained in his commentary about the Georgetown football program. Nobody as dedicated to a program as he is to this one could possibly avoid total frustration--especially during the past four years. Yet, he always takes the high road.

Now I am not constrained by such noble character traits. So I will simply say that the current staff which has assisted this program in its steady deterioration has to know that things will change dramatically next winter. I have personally gotten to know a great many of the kids who have gone through this program in the past several years. And I can tell you that the school is proud of them and they the school. But the majority of these football alumni continue to find it very difficult to bring themselves to support a program to which they gave so much. That should be rectified sometime in mid to late November.