PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Campbell Schedule Released

CSN Log
February 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
02-24-2010 12:19 PM

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/02/24/2010-campbell-schedule-released?blog=2)

TexasTerror
February 25th, 2010, 07:34 AM
From the above link - this is not a bad Pioneer League schedule. OOC home dates against ODU and Georgia State. Got the typical sub-Div I, but it's just one - Va. Wise.

Sept. 4 at Virginia Wise TBA
Sept. 11 Old Dominion TBA
Sept, 18 Davidson* TBA
Sept. 25 Georgia State (Parents’ Day) TBA*
Oct. 2 at Butler* TBA
Oct. 9 Bye
Oct. 16 Drake* TBA
Oct. 23 at Dayton* TBA
Oct. 30 Marist* (Homecoming) TBA
Nov. 6 Valparaiso* TBA
Nov. 13 at Jacksonville* TBA
Nov. 20 at Morehead State* TBA

DetroitFlyer
February 25th, 2010, 07:53 AM
From the above link - this is not a bad Pioneer League schedule. OOC home dates against ODU and Georgia State. Got the typical sub-Div I, but it's just one - Va. Wise.

Sept. 4 at Virginia Wise TBA
Sept. 11 Old Dominion TBA
Sept, 18 Davidson* TBA
Sept. 25 Georgia State (Parents’ Day) TBA*
Oct. 2 at Butler* TBA
Oct. 9 Bye
Oct. 16 Drake* TBA
Oct. 23 at Dayton* TBA
Oct. 30 Marist* (Homecoming) TBA
Nov. 6 Valparaiso* TBA
Nov. 13 at Jacksonville* TBA
Nov. 20 at Morehead State* TBA

Just cannot ever be happy.... Here is an idea for you. Go through EVERY FCS schedule this year and compile a list of ALL the teams playing a "sub-Division I" team. Then while you are at it, compile a list of ALL the FBS teams that have stooped so low as to play an FCS team. The NCAA has VERY, VERY, clear requirements for scheduling. ALL the teams in FBS and FCS meet those requirements so get off your high horse and give it a rest!! Campbell has a GREAT schedule, especially for a new program! If you do not like the current scheduling requirements, take it up with the NCAA and quit trying to hammer the PFL at every opportunity! I have never seen bigger hypocrites than those of you that rejoice when your team schedules an FBS beat down, while at the same time casting a negative eye to FCS teams that give a "lower" division team a chance to play up! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

TexasTerror
February 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Just cannot ever be happy.... Here is an idea for you. Go through EVERY FCS schedule this year and compile a list of ALL the teams playing a "sub-Division I" team.

It was not a slam...

If you wanted me to slam, I would have mentioned that they are going on the road to a sub-Div I team. That is absolutely pathetic, but when you are dealing with non-scholarship football, it is...what it is.

Campbell has a GREAT schedule, especially for a new program! If you do not like the current scheduling requirements, take it up with the NCAA and quit trying to hammer the PFL at every opportunity! I have never seen bigger hypocrites than those of you that rejoice when your team schedules an FBS beat down, while at the same time casting a negative eye to FCS teams that give a "lower" division team a chance to play up! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

I have no problem with playing against sub-Div I opponents.

The problem is when the Pioneer League schedules their whole OOC against them AND/OR travels on the road to them.

If you want to commit to Division I athletics, particularly football, at the very least pretend that you are by not traveling on the road to sub-Div I teams.

Model Citizen
February 25th, 2010, 10:25 AM
What's this fetish with D-I schools? Azusa Pacific is usually better than half the NEC, and for San Diego, they are a nearby, inexpensive game. Home and home with them is great.

UNHWildCats
February 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
What's this fetish with D-I schools? Azusa Pacific is usually better than half the NEC, and for San Diego, they are a nearby, inexpesive game. Home and home with them is great.
its never great for a Div I school to do a home and home with a Div II or Div III school.

Maybe a 3 for 1 would be acceptable.... or a rare occasion travel to a Div II.

But when you have a Div I team such as Butler playing 4 non Div I games in a season including 2 on the road thats just a pathetic schedule.

Granted the Pioneer is getting better with the schedules. Butler next year will play YSU which is a big step for them, hopefully they can play just 1 non Div I this year, however they will probably player Albion and Hanover.

San Diego also stepped it up this year with two Great West teams... The Pioneer is certainly going in the right direction.

TexasTerror
February 25th, 2010, 12:37 PM
But when you have a Div I team such as Butler playing 4 non Div I games in a season including 2 on the road thats just a pathetic schedule.

Agreed!

Granted the Pioneer is getting better with the schedules. Butler next year will play YSU which is a big step for them, hopefully they can play just 1 non Div I this year, however they will probably player Albion and Hanover.

San Diego also stepped it up this year with two Great West teams... The Pioneer is certainly going in the right direction.

Yes, but they will have to continue going in the right direction, especially if an AQ is on the horizon.

I really think that if the Pioneer wants an AQ, that the NCAA put requirements on them, limiting the amount of sub-Div I games for the whole subdivision to two.