PDA

View Full Version : ASU QB battle

CrackerRiley
February 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM
I guess I missed something but according to this article (http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204893821) the only guys competing to replace AE are DeAndre Presley and Jamal Jackson.

What happened to Cadet? I haven't heard about him getting a position change. I was never a huge supporter of his anyways but I was wondering if others already knew about this.

SideLine Shooter
February 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
I guess I missed something but according to this article (http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204893821) the only guys competing to replace AE are DeAndre Presley and Jamal Jackson.

What happened to Cadet? I haven't heard about him getting a position change. I was never a huge supporter of his anyways but I was wondering if others already knew about this.

That's the word I had heard.xconfusedx

Apps03
February 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Cadet was moved permanently to wide receiver. It was in an article posted on the mmb a month or so ago.

CrackerRiley
February 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
ahh I see. I don't keep up with the MMB. Hurts my eyes to look at.

CopperCat
February 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Weird. As of yesterday Cadet was still listed as QB on the team roster off of goasu.com

CrackerRiley
February 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Weird. As of yesterday Cadet was still listed as QB on the team roster off of goasu.com
yeah, they don't seem to update that too often. Maybe because of the off-season. Too many changes so they'll wait til closer to the season I suppose.

CopperCat
February 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM
yeah, they don't seem to update that too often. Maybe because of the off-season. Too many changes so they'll wait til closer to the season I suppose.

Makes sense. Probably wait until spring ball is over at the very least.

Skjellyfetti
February 23rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, they moved Cadet back to wide receiver.

I really don't like the way they've handled the QB's over the past couple of years. They've been too quick to move people around, imo.

Presley was the heir apparent coming into the year... he had a bad half or so against ECU and they decide to move him to wide receiver. He plays WR the rest of the year... then Cadet has a bad game against WCU and they decide to move Presley back to QB and Cadet to WR.

I don't like it. xsmhx

Mr. C
February 24th, 2010, 12:57 AM
The move of Cadet had nothing to do with his performance against WCU. It has to do with wanting to get as many touches per game as possible for Cadet. Presley requested to be moved back to QB. He has little chance of beating out Jackson for the starting job from what my sources tell me. Jackson is similar to Richie Williams, that All-American QB that people have forgotten about during the Armanti Edwards era, from what the insiders say. Jackson has four years to put his stamp on things.

Saint3333
February 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
The current knock on Jackson is that he needs to learn to put some touch on the short throws. I saw a couple of practices last year and the kid can throw the ball deep and hard, if he can improve on the shorter throws he'll be a solid QB. Jackson to Quick the next two years sounds pretty good to me.

WVAPPmountaineer
February 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=Mr. C;1511941......... Richie Williams, that All-American QB that people have forgotten about during the Armanti Edwards era, .[/QUOTE]

For those of us who have been around for several years I think we will all agree
Richie Williams is THE MAN!!!! and always will be ----

SideLine Shooter
February 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM
For those of us who have been around for several years I think we will all agree
Richie Williams is THE MAN!!!! and always will be ----

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!xnodx

ASUG8
February 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
The current knock on Jackson is that he needs to learn to put some touch on the short throws. I saw a couple of practices last year and the kid can throw the ball deep and hard, if he can improve on the shorter throws he'll be a solid QB. Jackson to Quick the next two years sounds pretty good to me.

Let's hope Quick has been catching a lot of balls in the offseason xnodx

Skjellyfetti
February 24th, 2010, 01:41 PM
The move of Cadet had nothing to do with his performance against WCU. It has to do with wanting to get as many touches per game as possible for Cadet. Presley requested to be moved back to QB. He has little chance of beating out Jackson for the starting job from what my sources tell me. Jackson is similar to Richie Williams, that All-American QB that people have forgotten about during the Armanti Edwards era, from what the insiders say. Jackson has four years to put his stamp on things.

Thanks for that clarification. It seemed to be strange, almost panicked moves from the coaching staff. Glad that's not what it was.

ASUG8
February 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Anybody have any links to film on Jackson? I tried youtube and Google but my data mining came up dry.

Skjellyfetti
February 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Anybody have any links to film on Jackson? I tried youtube and Google but my data mining came up dry.

Only I've seen is on rivals and you might have to have a subscription, I dunno:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jamal-Jackson-Highlights-1-42884?NICK_NAME=skjellyfetti&LEVEL=2&TIME=1267041288&SIG=341a81983711477612784c9cec3b73e7

There's a play very reminiscent of Armanti's "Houdini" play against Samford about 20 seconds in.

ASUG8
February 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Only I've seen is on rivals and you might have to have a subscription, I dunno:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jamal-Jackson-Highlights-1-42884?NICK_NAME=skjellyfetti&LEVEL=2&TIME=1267041288&SIG=341a81983711477612784c9cec3b73e7

I saw that too, but I'm not paying Rivals for a membership.

Saint3333
February 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/list?prospect_ids=86089

May have to be a member though.

Runs a 4.65 40, throws well on the roll out, and can shed a tackler. Definitely a throw first QB, but can take the run if there. He's got the tools to be solid, but we'll have to wait to see if he has the decision making skills necessary in ASU's system to be great.

ASU_Fanatic
February 24th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Good Cadet sucks, glad he isn't starting.

proasu89
February 24th, 2010, 04:37 PM

You're groundedxnonox xlolx Cadet will make an impact!

CrackerRiley
February 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

JROCK98
February 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM

Cadet is a game changer! Expect big things from him this year.

ThompsonThe
February 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I vote that we go ahead and start the football season.
Looks as if Jackson throws on the run a lot. Makes good fast decisions normally from the small clip I just saw. Doesn't go after the defensive player when running. Should avoid a lot of injuries. Shrank one inch since high school. Very accurate in short clip, of course.

SideLine Shooter
February 24th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I vote that we go ahead and start the football season.
Looks as if Jackson throws on the run a lot. Makes good fast decisions normally from the small clip I just saw. Doesn't go after the defensive player when running. Should avoid a lot of injuries. Shrank one inch since high school. Very accurate in short clip, of course.

tee it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skjellyfetti
February 24th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Pay no mind to ASU_Fanatic

SideLine Shooter
February 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Pay no mind to ASU_Fanatic

You got that RIGHT.xnodxxnodx

AppChicago
February 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM
You got that RIGHT.xnodxxnodx

Thirded. Isn't this the guy who turned on Jerry when things looked bleak during the playoffs? And then totally changed his tune when things turned around?

"Cadet sucks." "Jerry sucks."

Well, someone certainly sucks, that's for sure.

SpeedkingATL
February 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cadet will be a huge factor in how good this ASU offense is this season.

To make negative remarks about him or any college kid on a board like this is bush league.

I sure wouldn't want to see Cadet across the line of scrimage if I were a DB or linebacker.

ASU-Superman
February 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I'm glad to hear the feedback about Jackson on the board. I was at the ECU game and Cadet was effective... dangerous even if you were a Pirate! It concerned me initially too that there was no comment about him on the goasu postings of spring practice.

So is it hand's down that he is that much better than Presley? I haven't seen enough of Jackson yet to tell.

JROCK98
February 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'm glad to hear the feedback about Jackson on the board. I was at the ECU game and Cadet was effective... dangerous even if you were a Pirate! It concerned me initially too that there was no comment about him on the goasu postings of spring practice.

So is it hand's down that he is that much better than Presley? I haven't seen enough of Jackson yet to tell.

I think the battle between Jackson and Presley will be very interesting. I honestly think these guys are going to push the crap out of each other which is only better for the team in the end.

AppIAA
February 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
As I have been saying since the end of the season (and even some during the season), I suspect we will see a slight change in the offense. It is going to be more of a pass first spread than the run first we have been running... should be interesting