PDA

View Full Version : TENTATIVE 2010 S.C. STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Pitbull
February 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Is there anybody out there looking for a Sept 11th team to play....This is just a tenative schedule....I would like to see if we could get someone form the SoCon/Big South/CAA.........Any takers...? So far we haven't had any luck with setting this date up w/ a quality FCS team.....

TENTATIVE 2010 S.C. STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 4 - at Georgia Tech

Sept. 11 - MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE

Sept. 18 - at Benedict College

Sept. 25 - OPEN

Oct. 2 - at Florida A&M

Oct. 9 - NORFOLK STATE

Oct. 16 - BETHUNE-COOKMAN

Oct. 23 - HAMPTON

Oct. 30 - at Delaware State

Nov. 6 - HOWARD

Nov. 13 - at Morgan State

Nov. 20 - at North Carolina A&T

WestCoastAggie
February 19th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Ok. Which SoCon/CAA school(s) ducked the Bulldogs? That is some real yellow belly stuff right there. SMH.
I just love that strategy to help keep SCSU's Strength of schedule down to keep those At-Large bids away from the MEAC.

mikebigg
February 19th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Is there anybody out there looking for a Sept 11th team to play....This is just a tenative schedule....I would like to see if we could get someone form the SoCon/Big South/CAA.........Any takers...? So far we haven't had any luck with setting this date up w/ a quality FCS team.....

Sept. 25 - OPEN

Oct. 2 - at Florida A&M

Oct. 9 - NORFOLK STATE

Oct. 23 - HAMPTON

Nov. 6 - HOWARD

Say man, **** Benedict...come to Gram this year and we return the trip to yall next year!

Pitbull
February 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Say man, **** Benedict...come to Gram this year and we return the trip to yall next year!

That a contract we can't break out of...I wish we could but...xrolleyesx

WCU LawCat
February 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM

Sept. 25 - OPEN

Oct. 2 - at Florida A&M

Oct. 9 - NORFOLK STATE

Oct. 23 - HAMPTON

Nov. 6 - HOWARD

Man that is weak. You should make the playoffs again. You have done a good job building the program up.

WrenFGun
February 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Without a win over Ga. Tech, SCSU needs to win the conference to get an at-large, IMO.

Pitbull
February 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Without a win over Ga. Tech, SCSU needs to win the conference to get an at-large, IMO.

are you serious...to get an at-large bid... xconfusedx

CrackerRiley
February 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Everyone but ASU seems to get ACC teams. I know, NCSU was awhile ago though...

TexasTerror
February 19th, 2010, 01:26 PM
South Carolina State would have to go 9-2 to get an at-large bid.

A lot of the MEAC schools are in the same predicament due to their weak OOC slate. The FBS game is nice, but the other two games are a wash.

Can a MEAC team finish second in the league with a loss? Remains to be seen...

kdinva
February 19th, 2010, 01:30 PM
SCSU needs to win the conference to get an at-large, IMO.

xconfusedx
xconfusedx...........if they win the conference, where does the "at large" come into play for SC St.?xbangx

Pitbull
February 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Still looking for a game on the 11th...Any takers? We are looking for a team to come to Orangeburg...... xprayx

R.A.
February 20th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Come on Wofford.

SC State DID play you guys last up in Spartanburg...

It's only fair to return the favor.

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Still looking for a game on the 11th...Any takers? We are looking for a team to come to Orangeburg...... xprayx

I count 11 games...

Or is Benedict not signed, sealed, delivered? Or Georgia Tech?

Three OOC games, eight in conference games. Am I counting wrong? Or is counting to 11 not something that anyone can do?

R.A.
February 20th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I count 11 games...

Or is Benedict not signed, sealed, delivered? Or Georgia Tech?

Three OOC games, eight in conference games. Am I counting wrong? Or is counting to 11 not something that anyone can do?

The game with the Delta Devils, is not a lock yet.

Pitbull
February 20th, 2010, 05:59 PM

WestCoastAggie
February 20th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Come on Wofford.

SC State DID play you guys last up in Spartanburg...

It's only fair to return the favor.

I wonder if any of Wofford's people in Athletics are reading this?

I hope they get this message and stop duckin the Bulldogs. I mean if ya scared, then say ya scared. xwhistlex

JMUNJ08
February 21st, 2010, 12:54 AM
We already have our decent OOC game in Liberty. Take it up with the rest of the southeastern schools...

R.A.
February 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
It is my understanding based upon the information that Pitbull has supplied us over on MEACFANSZONE, that...

-Both South Carolina State and Wofford have open dates on September 25th.

-Both South Carolina State and Wofford WANT to play each other THIS 2010 season.

-But both schools are firm in having the matchup as a home game. The Terriers want the Bulldogs in Spartanburg, and the Bulldogs want the Terriers in Orangeburg.

-Since both sides aren't budging, it appears that they are moving on... Wofford scheduling DII Union(Ky), and SC State scheduling SWAC team Mississippi Valley State.

**Now almost all the fans on MEACFANSZONE.COM, want this game to happen in 2010. We're hungry for a MEAC team to defeat a SoCon team. So most of us would rather SC State made a Home-Home deal with Wofford, that includes a buyout clause for the 2011 matchup. The Bulldogs travel to Spartanburg in 2010, and in 2011, Wofford travels to Orangeburg. Now if next year in 2011, the Terriers start feeling differently about traveling to Orangeburg, then the buyout clause would be in place, so Wofford would have to pay SC State to back out of the contract.

But most of us are HUGE on SC State playing Wofford in 2010 instead of playing Mississippi Valley State.

**It would be interesting to know how Wofford fans feel about this.**

WestCoastAggie
February 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
It is my understanding based upon the information that Pitbull has supplied us over on MEACFANSZONE, that...

-Both South Carolina State and Wofford have open dates on September 25th.

-Both South Carolina State and Wofford WANT to play each other THIS 2010 season.

-But both schools are firm in having the matchup as a home game. The Terriers want the Bulldogs in Spartanburg, and the Bulldogs want the Terriers in Orangeburg.

-Since both sides aren't budging, it appears that they are moving on... Wofford scheduling DII Union(Ky), and SC State scheduling SWAC team Mississippi Valley State.

**Now almost all the fans on MEACFANSZONE.COM, want this game to happen in 2010. We're hungry for a MEAC team to defeat a SoCon team. So most of us would rather SC State made a Home-Home deal with Wofford, that includes a buyout clause for the 2011 matchup. The Bulldogs travel to Spartanburg in 2010, and in 2011, Wofford travels to Orangeburg. Now if next year in 2011, the Terriers start feeling differently about traveling to Orangeburg, then the buyout clause would be in place, so Wofford would have to pay SC State to back out of the contract.

But most of us are HUGE on SC State playing Wofford in 2010 instead of playing Mississippi Valley State.

**It would be interesting to know how Wofford fans feel about this.**

This would make the most sense but SCSU's AD appears to be a dum-dum ( xoopsx ) and it also appears that the Terriers are scared of SCSU ( xviolinx xlolx ).

Either way, both sides need to come their senses and set this series up, again.

nwFL Griz
February 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
This would be a great game, and certainly would be better for the Terriers to play SCSU instead of a DII.

Count me as hoping this can get worked out.

bosshogg
February 22nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Ok. Which SoCon/CAA school(s) ducked the Bulldogs? That is some real yellow belly stuff right there. SMH.
I just love that strategy to help keep SCSU's Strength of schedule down to keep those At-Large bids away from the MEAC.

I dont know what schools "ducked" us, but I do know that there were 2 SOCON schools whose programs I respect who were willing to play us, but were not willing to commit to a home and home deal. they would only play us if we traveled to them but would not commit to another game at our place. I respect those schools, and would love to play them, but I also understand why Pough turned that down. we need to increase our schedule strength, but we also want fair deals as well...

mikebigg
February 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM

Yall interested in a neutral site...say Atlanta? Let's make it happen!

Pitbull
February 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Yall interested in a neutral site...say Atlanta? Let's make it happen!

We are trying to fill our home games slots......Why don't you guys come to Da'Brug and we will come to Gram next year....:D

WestCoastAggie
February 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
I dont know what schools "ducked" us, but I do know that there were 2 SOCON schools whose programs I respect who were willing to play us, but were not willing to commit to a home and home deal. they would only play us if we traveled to them but would not commit to another game at our place. I respect those schools, and would love to play them, but I also understand why Pough turned that down. we need to increase our schedule strength, but we also want fair deals as well...

Thats why your AD sets up that Home & Home contract with a 6 figure buyout clause. We gotta learn from McNeese about getting that clause in the contract so if anyone decides to pull a southern, y'all will still get paid.

bosshogg
February 22nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Thats why your AD sets up that Home & Home contract with a 6 figure buyout clause. We gotta learn from McNeese about getting that clause in the contract so if anyone decides to pull a southern, y'all will still get paid.

I agree

WrenFGun
February 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM

I apologize for the confusion. The schedule was very weak and my point was that SCSU would need to go 7-1 in conference in order to make the playoffs if they didn't win the conference. No worse than 9-2 would get them in with that schedule. Hope that clarifies it.

mikebigg
February 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
We are trying to fill our home games slots......Why don't you guys come to Da'Brug and we will come to Gram next year....:D

No...that's probably not a good date anyway. We play La Tech the week before and two tough back to back emotional and physical games could take it's toll.

Maybe we'll meet up soon one season... Maybe we should be talking now about the 12 game season and doing something in Atlanta for Labor Day. In fact, imagine the build up in letting it happen only in years when there's a twelfth game.

Pitbull
February 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
No...that's probably not a good date anyway. We play La Tech the week before and two tough back to back emotional and physical games could take it's toll.

Maybe we'll meet up soon one season... Maybe we should be talking now about the 12 game season and doing something in Atlanta for Labor Day. In fact, imagine the build up in letting it happen only in years when there's a twelfth game.

That would be hot...I think the ATL spot would be the hook up.....xsmileyclapx