PDA

View Full Version : Ralph--What's the skinny on Maloney?

ngineer
December 30th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Ralph--Dick Maloney's name has been mentioned as a candidate for the Lehigh HC. Being from Chicago, I thought maybe you'd have some information on this guy. His resume is impressive, but somewhat of an unknown to the average fan. Not a 'name' that some were looking for. Interesting on what you know...

December 30th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Ralph--Dick Maloney's name has been mentioned as a candidate for the Lehigh HC. Being from Chicago, I thought maybe you'd have some information on this guy. His resume is impressive, but somewhat of an unknown to the average fan. Not a 'name' that some were looking for. Interesting on what you know...Well you probably know the resume part... East coast/Ivy guy who likes the pass... despite the modest Maroon program at UC he brought them back to respectability and was coach of the year a few times (not a small task at UC)... I have never interviewed him but folks tell me he likes discipline and players respond to him. Sorry, not much help.

ngineer
December 30th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Well you probably know the resume part... East coast/Ivy guy who likes the pass... despite the modest Maroon program at UC he brought them back to respectability and was coach of the year a few times (not a small task at UC)... I have never interviewed him but folks tell me he likes discipline and players respond to him. Sorry, not much help.

Well, that would certainly fit in with Lehigh's M.O. Chicago had such a storied program, I'm glad they brought football back, even on the D-III level.
Supposedly a number of interviews were to be held this week and weekend. I would hope we have our guy by mid next week.

December 30th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Well, that would certainly fit in with Lehigh's M.O. Chicago had such a storied program, I'm glad they brought football back, even on the D-III level.
Supposedly a number of interviews were to be held this week and weekend. I would hope we have our guy by mid next week.Maybe I'll get him for I-AA WAVES on Tuesday?

ngineer
December 30th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Maybe I'll get him for I-AA WAVES on Tuesday?

Assuming it's him---then again, perhaps you could get whoever Lehigh hires. I don't know if we're going to have the guy picked by Tuesday, but interesting thought. If they're thinking PR--they may hold off until after the Orange Bowl since Penn State will have the headlines around here.

December 30th, 2005, 11:14 PM
... If they're thinking PR...You really think they can get Pete Richardson away from Southern??? :p

ngineer
December 31st, 2005, 09:40 PM
You really think they can get Pete Richardson away from Southern??? :p

xlolx No, I meant 'public relations'..(somehow I think you know that ;) ) You're going to get another nasty rumor started! :p