PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FCS Transfers (from FBS) Thread

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Everyone, please list your FBS transfers and feel free to share news on potential transfers...

I'll start with the ones that were announced on signing day in the SLC...

LAMAR

RB Kwabena Asante, Hofstra
DB Jordan Garrett, Tulane
CB Steven Murray-Sesay, Northeastern

NORTHWESTERN STATE

DE Michael G. Adams Jr., Arkansas State

SAM HOUSTON STATE

WR Seth Patterson, Western Michigan

STEPHEN F AUSTIN

K Logan Barrett, UTEP
WR Houston Tuminello, Louisiana Tech

TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

DB Jarrad Stewart, Utah

slostang
February 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Cal Poly:

RB/KR Mark Rodgers - West Virginia

DE Matt Singletary (son of Mike Singletary) - Baylor

Redwyn
February 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM
SBU had one transfer, a Al-Mahjid Hutchins (CB) from Rutgers. Might've had a second...don't remember. Got lost in the sea of Hofstra transfers :p

Tribe4SF
February 16th, 2010, 07:04 PM
W&M gets QB Mike Paulus from North Carolina.

SpidersSportsEditor
February 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
The Spiders picked up sophomore quarterback Aaron Corp from USC, but most of you probably already knew that.

CrazyCat
February 16th, 2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.obsidianlaunch.com/TPEntrepreneur/graphics/163%20Ways/zero.jpg

Libertine
February 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Greg Pratt, WR/RB from Troy

McNeese75
February 16th, 2010, 09:13 PM
None so far

Ronbo
February 17th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Tonio Celotto would have been a starting DT at Oregon in 2009 but left the team after the 2008 season to be close to his severely ill Mother. Tonio will make 3 FBS transfers total on the entire Montana roster so save your transfer U jokes.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/60/600799.jpg

Griz ink Oregon football transfer
by: Dave Guffey of UM Sports Information
Thursday, 2/4/2010 Updated: 2/4/2010 5:17 PM

The University of Montana has added a defensive player to its 2010 roster, as former University of Oregon defensive lineman Tonio Celotto has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Grizzlies, announced UM head coach Robin Pflugrad today.

Celotto (pronounced cell-ah-toe), a 6-2 ½ , 305-pound defensive tackle, played for the Ducks in 2007 and 2008. He played in 24 games his two seasons in Eugene, and had 36 tackles and 5.5 stops for losses. He played in 12 games as a "true" freshman in 2007 and also played in 12 contests the following season.

PaladinFan
February 17th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Furman gets Cameron Mason, DE from Navy.

89Hen
February 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.obsidianlaunch.com/TPEntrepreneur/graphics/163%20Ways/zero.jpg

You say that as if MSU doesn't take transfers. Isn't your QB an Oregon transfer?

UMass922
February 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Galen Clemons, DL, Central Michigan. Didn't appear in any games in his one year at CMU.

All the other transfers are from Hofstra and Northeastern.

MoBear
February 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Jourdan Brooks RB 6-1, 247 Seneca Valley HS, Germantown, MD (Rutgers)

CrazyCat
February 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM
You say that as if MSU doesn't take transfers. Isn't your QB an Oregon transfer?

Is this thread about transfers from past years or how many transfers for 2010? You could start a thread on how many transfers are on your roster or how many transfers has your favorite program taken and how did they do.

89Hen
February 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Is this thread about transfers from past years or how many transfers for 2010? You could start a thread on how many transfers are on your roster or how many transfers has your favorite program taken and how did they do.
Again, it was the big, bold zero that sure made it look like you were saying your team proudly didn't have any.... to date.

mikebigg
February 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Don't know... Coach Broadway typically doesn't say much about transfers until the season starts!

UCMoc
February 17th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Chattanooga picked up Chris Donald from Tennessee (5 star LB out of high school), and Nick Davison (D-Line) out of UAB.

CrazyCat
February 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Again, it was the big, bold zero that sure made it look like you were saying your team proudly didn't have any.... to date.

Seriously? I am proud that we did not sign any transfers and that Coach Ash is building depth. Your reading too much into it and it doesn't surprise me , with the team that I support, that you would argue over a simple zero that happened to be the first one I saw when I googled.

centexguy
February 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
LAMAR

RB Kwabena Asante, Hofstra
DB Jordan Garrett, Tulane
CB Steven Murray-Sesay, Northeastern

Only Jordan Garrett is a FBS transfer in that list. The other two FBS transfers are:

LB Jacody Coleman, Iowa
DE Billy Chavis, Texas A&M

89Hen
February 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I am proud that we did not sign any transfers
Season isn't over yet.

technocat
February 18th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Seriously? I am proud that we did not sign any transfers and that Coach Ash is building depth. Your reading too much into it and it doesn't surprise me , with the team that I support, that you would argue over a simple zero that happened to be the first one I saw when I googled.

I know there was a lot of fallout in the Kramer years for all the transfers he brought in. It killed us in the APR and depth. A lot of MSU fans are very happy with Ash's philosophy to bring in high schoolers and keep them in the program for four years. I have nothing against drop downs but I like getting to know the players and see them in the system for there whole careers instead of just one or two years.

WCU LawCat
February 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Western Carolina signs

Blake Bennett - C - UAB
Casey Turner - QB - UCONN
Deja Alexander - WR - Central Michigan

eagle1
February 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Eastern Washington has 1 FBS Transfer to date.

Bo Levi Mithcell
QB
6'1"
Southern Methodist

http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/BoLeviMitchell-1.jpg

isutom
February 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Indiana State got Ronnie Fouch, QB, University of Washington. Fouch was the backup to Jake Locker at Washington and, according to the Seattle Times, would have been the starter going into spring practice this year had Locker bolted for the NFL.