PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State reportedly lands two transfer quarterbacks

isutom
January 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
from two newspaper reports....in the Seattle Times and the Press-Enterprise....hope its okay to put these reports in here...the stories ran in the last day or so....

University of Washington backup quarterback Ronnie Fouch
Hofstra quarterback Coy Glass

isutom
January 18th, 2010, 09:09 PM
My apoligies to the website. I hadn't been here for awhile and just plain forgot the policy. If permitted, I will try again.

Redlands rivals head to Indiana State | Sports | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Huskies QB Fouch transferring to Indiana State

Husky Football Blog | Fouch leaving Huskies, heading to Indiana State | Seattle Times Newspaper

Shellin
January 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Fouch was beyond terrible for the Huskies filling in for Locker last season, definitely makes sense that he is transferring out, he was in no way, shape or form a Pac-10 caliber QB.

seattlespider
January 18th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Fouch was beyond terrible for the Huskies filling in for Locker last season, definitely makes sense that he is transferring out, he was in no way, shape or form a Pac-10 caliber QB.

Yep, he was pretty awful in the games I watched.

bb king
February 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
tom: What is going on with ISU assistant coaches. It seems they have taken a long time to hire.

isutom
February 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM
they shoud be announcing two new assistant coaches sometime in the next few weeks. at least that's the hope right now. they've got two people identified who are very interested. it's just working out the details right now.

bb king
February 19th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I guess it will be Mike simmons and Harold etheridge are the two I heard and then waiting on rick Mintor to see if he finds a job.

I have no problem with The Simmons hire being an alumni. But I question hiring a lot of D1 guys in that it gives the program not a lot of stability and that is not what it needs right now. I understand the coaching part but the overall program is not being cared for in that these guys will always be looking to jump there fore not giveing you a strong recruiting base. It has been seen althrough D1AA

MplsBison
February 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Well...I guess it's nice that the ISU administration are still willing to sign the checks to pay for the football budget.

isutom
February 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM
you bet they are bison.

Thundar
February 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM
you bet they are bison.

according to MPLS ISU is dumping its football program to allow UND into the MVFC so i'm sure it REALLY is a surprise to himxlolx

isutom
February 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
He was saying the same thing last year, before ISU built a new locker room and installed new turf at its current stadium.

Indiana State's new president and athletic director have increased the program's overall budget and recruiting budget.

Everybody concerned is making a major effort to get the program turned back around.

MplsBison
February 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
He was saying the same thing last year, before ISU built a new locker room and installed new turf at its current stadium.

Indiana State's new president and athletic director have increased the program's overall budget and recruiting budget.

Everybody concerned is making a major effort to get the program turned back around.

That's great.

But how long is the administration going to accept 0, 1 or 2 MVFC wins every year for their millions of dollars?

The time is going to come when they say enough is enough, either find a less competitive conference so we can get some wins or just drop football.

I do know of a conference that is administered by the MVC and has 2 teams in Indiana and one in Kentucky and it would be much less competitive than the MVFC. You know which one I'm talking about?

isutom
February 24th, 2010, 08:19 AM
they'll keep doing it for years to come. sorry bison. i know that you wanna be a hater, but keep on talking bad about the sycamores. everything that you've said that they wouldn't do, they've done.

as far as non-scholarship football...yeah....that would save money....lol.....flying to san diego and points west and east....lol.....

but tell you what bison...i formally invite you down this spring to watch practice....and if you wanna play in the annual football fundraising golf outing, pack your clubs and just drive south to terre haute...its scheduled for april 24.....we'll introduce you to the head coach, athletic director and president of the university....then you can state your case....because, you see, we're not haters down this way.....lol.....

MplsBison
February 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM
ISU can choose to spend its money as it sees fit.

If they want to spend ~80-90% of the MVFC average budget on football only to have it result in 1 MVFC win every 2-3 seasons, that's their own fault.

My contention is simply when you have a team that is in a losing rut as deep as ISU is, the only way to get out is to get wins. And sometimes that means you simply need to move to a conference where those wins are easier to get.

Redbird Ray
February 24th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Indiana State made some strides last year in Miles' second season. I know I said this last year, but I think the Sycs win 3-5 this season. Let's at least let them play a third year under Miles before we send them packing to the OVC/Pioneer.

As for UND or USD, if they really want to join the MVFC I say let them. Get EIU (preferably) or SEMO from the OVC (they can join the Summit for other sports), and let's create a 12 team league split into East and West Divisions.

East
Youngstown State
Indiana State
Eastern Illinois
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois
Illinois State

West
Missouri State
Norhtern Iowa
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota
North Dakota State

A conference championship game (perhaps picked up by an ESPN network) would be awesome. Just some offseason dreaming, but I wouldn't mind a conference like this.

MplsBison
February 24th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Indiana State made some strides last year in Miles' second season. I know I said this last year, but I think the Sycs win 3-5 this season. Let's at least let them play a third year under Miles before we send them packing to the OVC/Pioneer.

As for UND or USD, if they really want to join the MVFC I say let them. Get EIU (preferably) or SEMO from the OVC (they can join the Summit for other sports), and let's create a 12 team league split into East and West Divisions.

East
Youngstown State
Indiana State
Eastern Illinois
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois
Illinois State

West
Missouri State
Norhtern Iowa
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota
North Dakota State

A conference championship game (perhaps picked up by an ESPN network) would be awesome. Just some offseason dreaming, but I wouldn't mind a conference like this.

Very nice! I agree 100% with that.

99% of NDSU fans would be on board with a conference set-up like that!

WestCoastAggie
February 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
ISU can choose to spend its money as it sees fit.

If they want to spend ~80-90% of the MVFC average budget on football only to have it result in 1 MVFC win every 2-3 seasons, that's their own fault.

My contention is simply when you have a team that is in a losing rut as deep as ISU is, the only way to get out is to get wins. And sometimes that means you simply need to move to a conference where those wins are easier to get.

If that was the case, PV A&M would not be where they are today with Fraizer, Richmond wouldn't have their FCS Champ and there would be a back log of D-2 teams.

MplsBison
February 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM
If that was the case, PV A&M would not be where they are today with Fraizer, Richmond wouldn't have their FCS Champ and there would be a back log of D-2 teams.

It's not a hard and fast rule, each situation has to be considered independently.

In ISU's case though, it's tough to see any light at the end of the tunnel in the MVFC.

I see another 0 or 1 win MVFC season for them in 2010.

WestCoastAggie
February 25th, 2010, 09:07 PM
It's not a hard and fast rule, each situation has to be considered independently.

In ISU's case though, it's tough to see any light at the end of the tunnel in the MVFC.

I see another 0 or 1 win MVFC season for them in 2010.

PV A&M lost over 80 games in the 90's and even dropped schollys for a short time during that streak. They got serious Athletics and Won the SWAC recently.

It appears that ISU is putting effort and $$$ into the Football team so they will become a factor in the Valley in due time. Just show some patience.

MplsBison
February 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
PV A&M lost over 80 games in the 90's and even dropped schollys for a short time during that streak. They got serious Athletics and Won the SWAC recently.

It appears that ISU is putting effort and $$$ into the Football team so they will become a factor in the Valley in due time. Just show some patience.

Why do you think that ISU is all of a sudden putting money into the program?

AFAIK, they've had a comparable budget to the other MVFC schools for some time.

They have no facilities and they have no winning tradition, therefore they have no recruits who can play at the MVFC level.

Until they can get those caliber players, they won't win in the MVFC.

Sycamore51
March 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Didn't NDSU have a losing season last year, and only win 2 MVC games? I'm not sure if you've checked lately or not Mpls, but the high and mighty horse you road in on isn't looking so good either.

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2010, 09:17 AM
Didn't NDSU have a losing season last year, and only win 2 MVC games? I'm not sure if you've checked lately or not Mpls, but the high and mighty horse you road in on isn't looking so good either.

We've won 6 MVFC games the last two seasons.

How many years would you need to go back in MVFC/Gateway play for ISU to accumulate 6 conference wins?

RabidRabbit
March 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Had a proud Sycamore fan on plane trip to ATL from Nola. Had a good discussion about ISU Trees football. 2010 will be the third year under their alumni head coach. I think that 3-4 wins in the Valley may be a possibility this upcoming year. Who will be the victims?

ISU will not be a push over win like they have been.