PDA

View Full Version : FCS Recruiting?????

cocky2001
January 18th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Is there a site that I could look at to see how teams are doing in recruiting. Rivals has a few, as does Scouts, but is there one that could tell me everything about everyone?

mikebigg
January 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM
You can enter the name of a specific school and it shows their commits and early signees (juco)

http://louisianamonroe.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

TexasTerror
January 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Rivals does not do a good job for FCS...

Used to be ShowingBlitz.com that would cover FCS.

We have a running list on KatFans.com for the SLC - http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10805 - but it's hard to get accurate information unless everyone in the league is working with each other on putting together such a list.

TTUEagles
January 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Does anybody have an opinion of rivals.com vs scout.com? I find it interesting that one player that is fairly highly rated (such as 3-star) with rivals, isn't even listed on scout.com or is only given a 1-star. I would think someone ranked fairly high, would at least show up listed on both sites. I hate this time of year, I can't get any info. on recruiting, schedules, etc. for my school.

FUwolfpacker
January 18th, 2010, 05:04 PM
There are positives and negatives with both. If you're looking just at the FBS perspective, I like Rivals's stuff better. Scout.com generally has more players listed, but like rivals they don't update the lower tier (2 stars and below) players. It also depends somewhat on which team site you are going to subscribe through (if you go through a team site at all...you could just subscribe to the whole network - you get more access but you also pay more). With that said, I have both and I like it that way. One site always has something the other site doesn't have. If you really crave that info, having both is almost a must. I wouldn't really bother with ESPN's list as an FCS fan. JMO though.

As far as the differences go, after 5 and 4 star players, you'll see a lot of differences between the two sites. Which you would expect because after the top 100 or so players it gets pretty hard to differentiate between a group of players.

Tribe4SF
January 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM
The sites are wildly inaccurate, and incomplete for FCS. Their ratings of players from 3 stars down are largely guess work, and they miss hundreds of good players.

Saint3333
January 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Rivals for ASU is excellent. But only ASU, EWU, and UR have rival specific sites.

cocky2001
January 19th, 2010, 12:56 AM
You can enter the name of a specific school and it shows their commits and early signees (juco)

http://louisianamonroe.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

I know you can do that for FBS schools, but you cant for but a few FCS schools.

cocky2001
January 19th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys for the info. If anyone has anything else let me know. I work for another football website and we may be including it for next year.