PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State's 2006 Nonconference Opponents

JMU Duke Dog
December 29th, 2005, 10:04 AM
9/2 at North Carolina State is definite

Other things in the works could possibly be James Madison, McNeese State, and Northwestern State based on the Appalachian State message board.

The JMU series could be in jeopardy as JMU wants to make the return trip to Boone in 2008 and not 2007. JMU's 2007 nonconference schedule is already full with CCU, UNC, and VMI on the slate. This could change pending on the NCAA ruling in April on possibly expanding the I-AA season to 12 games.

A series with McNeese State is in the works also pending April's ruling by the NCAA. If passed, McNeese State will visit Boone in 2006 and Appalachian State will visit Lake Charles in 2007.

There was also a mention of Northwestern State visiting Boone in 2006 but the game might have been bought out.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

OL FU
December 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I believe the Northwestern game was originally scheduled for 2005 but cancelled (or maybe moved to 2006) and that is why ASU played LSU.

HiHiYikas
December 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I believe the Northwestern game was originally scheduled for 2005 but cancelled (or maybe moved to 2006) and that is why ASU played LSU.
I have been looking around for 2006 schedule info. I found press releases announcing a finalized 2004 schedule from the end of Feb, 04, and a similar release for the 2005 schedule that didn't come out until April 05. I'm thinking the Northwestern St./L-S-U switch accounted for the delay.

A game at JMU would be a must-visit for me. NCSU too, probably. Both sites are less than 3 hours from me. I try to make one game in Boone a year, depending on my class schedule. This season would have been pretty tough without the extra 3 home playoff games. I wound up skipping a day and a half of class to make the WCU game.

TexasTerror
December 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Northwestern St has a full schedule for next year at this point unless something has changed...

Central Arkansas was in negotiations with Appalachian St per an article that came out of Little Rock. Those negotiations ended though...

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:24 PM

Other things in the works could possibly be James Madison, McNeese State, and Northwestern State based on the Appalachian State message board.

The JMU series could be in jeopardy as JMU wants to make the return trip to Boone in 2008 and not 2007. JMU's 2007 nonconference schedule is already full with CCU, UNC, and VMI on the slate. This could change pending on the NCAA ruling in April on possibly expanding the I-AA season to 12 games.

A series with McNeese State is in the works also pending April's ruling by the NCAA. If passed, McNeese State will visit Boone in 2006 and Appalachian State will visit Lake Charles in 2007.

There was also a mention of Northwestern State visiting Boone in 2006 but the game might have been bought out.

I will NEVER buy an f'n Northwestern game ticket nor a season ticket with NW on it. They screwed us this year. We would have beaten the dog **** out of them in Boone. Also we would have had 5 home games instead of 4.
Screw em!

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:25 PM

I will NEVER buy an f'n Northwestern game ticket nor a season ticket with NW on it. They screwed us this year. It was bought out at the last minute. We would have beaten the dog crap out of them in Boone. Also we would have had 5 home games instead of 4.
Screw em!

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:26 PM
We chose to take the buyout. Measly 50K instead of postponing it to '06.