PDA

View Full Version : In light of montana and tennesse, whose coach wants to leave

WOCO
January 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Woffords coach is there until he retires. What about yours. Is his dream to go to FBS? How does that affect recruiting?

Reign of Terrier
January 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
And when he does the oc takes over, barely affecting recruiting at least that's my opinion

th0m
January 14th, 2010, 02:13 AM
MM has stated numerous times that he has no reason to leave JMU. As far as I know he is pretty settled and fine with retiring at JMU.

catamount man
January 14th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Wagner turned down an offer to be the assistant head coach at Kansas. He said his work is far from being done in Cullowhee. He and his family like the rural area as far as I can tell after all he's been a head coach in Wayne, NE which is in a rural area itself.

I think if Wagner can get WCU to be a consistent winner, win a couple SoCon titles, a national title, he may just stay put. I think only a head coaching job in either the Big 12 or Big 10 would get him to leave. His kids are 17 and 11 I think. His wife LOVES Cullowhee, I know that.

I hope Wagner stays here until he retires, provided he wins. xhurrayx

appmaj
January 14th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Jerry is not going anywhere

tribe_pride
January 14th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Laycock has had offers in the past but turned them down (once after accepting at BC). His next move will be retirement whenver that happens.

Bam
January 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM
If there is another 5-6 season at EKU, he may not want to leave, but I say get out.

henfan
January 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm sure all of these coaches mentioned are completely dedicated and absolutely love their jobs, but anyone with any practical sense whatsoever is going to take a job that has several zeros behind it. You're not living in the real world if you really believe otherwise.

Of course, the exceptions are the guys looking to retire in a couple of years. Realistically though, how likely are they to get looks from big time programs anyway? One other thing to consider: a coach's age and pending retirement can also work against them on the recruiting trail.

Poker Alan
January 14th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Agreed w/ henfan's post, you have to consider the financial aspect at some point. Montana appears to have become one of the 1-AA stepping-stone jobs, even though for the most part, the coaches that have moved on haven't garnered alot of success.

tribe_pride
January 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Henfan - agree. I meant to put that in the Laycock post as well. I don't know that at Jimmye's age, he will get the looks that the younger guys get. Obviously, he has looked before but I think he is late in his career and that is why I can say that he will probably stay until retirement.

ToTheLeft
January 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Pretty sure Danny Rocco will be gone sooner rather than later. His name is going to come up for a lot of jobs this and next offseason. His experience and pedigree is too rich for this level, unfortunately.

ElonPride
January 14th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Lembo will be gone sooner rather than later also. Word is he interviewed for the coaching vacancy at Central Michigan and their fans seemed fairly ecstatic his name was thrown into equation.

AggieFinn
January 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Head Coach Bob Biggs, OC Mike Moroski and Special Teams/RB Coach Greg Chapla have been coaching at Davis together for close to 20 years. They aren't going anywhere, anytime soon...while the rest of the position coaches are very young, they have now added DC Mark Johnson, who after last season, will have 10 years of coaching UC Davis football under his belt. I think it's Biggs' job until he wants out or feels comfortable handing it off to somebody in the Aggie family. The biggest hire we need right now is a TRUE offensive line coach and run game coordinater.

Cocky
January 14th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Ours would leave at the first chance and most wouldn't care.

ngineer
January 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Lembo will be gone sooner rather than later also. Word is he interviewed for the coaching vacancy at Central Michigan and their fans seemed fairly ecstatic his name was thrown into equation.

Not surprising at all. As I have noted before on other threads involving Elon and Lembo, one could see when he was at Lehigh that they guy was looking to move up "the ladders" to hopefully hit "the big time". CMU would be a natural progression for him or any other 'non BCS, FBS school'.

ngineer
January 14th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Lehigh's Coen, while liked by virtually everyone, is on thin ice when it comes to results. Another losing season and he's likely gone. Actually, with what he has coming back, he should win the PL next year as well as win some OCCs, so anything less than 7-4 could see him walk the plank. Natives are restless with 4 years of mediocrity.

TheValleyRaider
January 14th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Biddle definitely falls into the category of "old guy nearing retirement." He just signed an extension through 2013, and unless a big school comes calling with some big $$$ and expectations of him only staying a short time, I'd be surprised if he winds up anywhere other than Hamilton

Hoseinexile07
January 15th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Harold Nichols will be at PC for a while. He's committed to the growth of the program into something special. He's an alum, after all, and I don't see him cutting and running like his predecessor did. The latter was more talk than walk. Harold, on the other hand, doesn't say much, if you know what I mean.

DG Cowboy
January 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Matt Viator at McNeese is a really fine young coach who has done well. However with his career and family root system in SW LA and his ties to McNeese, we would all be surprised if he left. New President coming in the summer so who knows what will happen. I'm not unhappy with that change.

henfan
January 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Henfan - agree. I meant to put that in the Laycock post as well. I don't know that at Jimmye's age, he will get the looks that the younger guys get. Obviously, he has looked before but I think he is late in his career and that is why I can say that he will probably stay until retirement.

Well, IMO, Jimmye is one of the best coaches in any sport at any level, especially considering W&M's institutional commitment.