PDA

View Full Version : TxSt siphoning off to much talent from I-A schools

txstatebobcat
December 28th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Thats what was written on the San Antonio news paper.

Here is what they wrote in the water cooler section:

Texas bowl teams: Two teams done with their bowl games — Texas-El Paso coached by Mike Price and Houston — and two severe losses. Could it be that Texas State is siphoning off too much talent from the big boys?

Pretty cool, huh??

TexasTerror
December 28th, 2005, 04:08 PM
From UH's board on this subject...

I doubt seriously that Tx. State had anything to do with us losing in the Ft. Worth Bowl.What that info tells us is that they have stupid posters on their board. Don't we all?

Don't see any correlation here. Most of the kids that transfer to schools like Texas State have some sort of issues. Every major and midmajor school loses kids every year. Congrats to TSU for taking advantage of the situation, just like Sam did the year before...

Does the name DONOVAN KING ring a bell? Committed to UH then flipped to Texas st.

We certainly lose quality depth to transfers each year.That being said, ALL D1 programs deal with the same issues. It is not logical to use it as a valid excuse.

My thoughts, Houston is much better than they were pre-Briles. They have quite a bit of work to do. No reason for them not to compete for the C-USA title each year. Tulsa sure shocked us all!

txstatebobcat
December 29th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Well, we did beat Houston for Donovan King(AAA Texas defensive player of the year), but other than that I don't think we compete much in recruiting with them. Heck, from what I have seen we rarely compete for recruits with any Texas I-AA school for that matter. What really gets us, or at least used to was Texas Tech and Baylor. When TT, BU and TCU would miss out on their main targets they would scramble the last two weeks before signing day and steal recruits that had previously committed to SLC schools. This is one reason why I'm always happy to see those schools doing well in recruiting.

TexasTerror
December 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM
SHSU has been pretty recruit heavy in two areas, Dallas and Houston (and places along I-45 between the two and down through Galveston). Outside of that, we've not stretched our legs out. We're all thinking that the Kats will stretch more outside the box this year considering we all now know which coaches recruit which area of Texas...

blackfordpu
December 29th, 2005, 10:36 AM
SHSU has been pretty recruit heavy in two areas, Dallas and Houston (and places along I-45 between the two and down through Galveston). Outside of that, we've not stretched our legs out. We're all thinking that the Kats will stretch more outside the box this year considering we all now know which coaches recruit which area of Texas...

I hope TW recruits better than he coached last season. He better have one hell of a speech ready to give to the guys he is trying to bring in.

TexasTerror
December 29th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I hope TW recruits better than he coached last season. He better have one hell of a speech ready to give to the guys he is trying to bring in.

TW is great with parents and makes them feel comfortable to have their kids in his program. That's what a parent told us at a game, I think the SELA game, before you came on over...

blackfordpu
December 29th, 2005, 12:34 PM
TW is great with parents and makes them feel comfortable to have their kids in his program. That's what a parent told us at a game, I think the SELA game, before you came on over...

lets hope so. After last season he is going to need a silver tounge to get some good recruits.

gokats85
December 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Why SHSU never really ventures in south Texas when it comes to recruiting is a wonder to me. There are quite a few excellent players around the Victoria and Corpus Christi areas and south of San Antonio that would love to get a shot at a scholarship. Don't just limit yourself to Dallas, Houston and east Texas.

Cat79
December 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM
South Texas is A & M Kingsville bread and butter. We have recruited a few players from Corpus and the valley.